In case you didn't know, Exodus Redux is a 'fork' of the original Exodus Kodi addon. So, what does that mean exactly? What kind of content does it bring? And most importantly, should you install and use Exodus Redux on Kodi – considering the (very serious) questions surrounding its legality?
We're going to answer all of those questions and plenty more. Considering that we're long-term Kodi users, not afraid to try out Kodi addons, so you can rely on our advice regarding whether you should install Exodus Redux or not.
With that said, here's everything you need to know about the Exodus Redux Kodi addon. There's plenty of essential information ahead, so make sure to read this article carefully.
Is Exodus Redux LEGAL to Use?
No, Exodus Redux is not legal to use. Considering that it brings copyright-protected content and lets you watch it free of charge, this is a classic example of copyright infringement.
You might be wondering how's it possible for Exodus Redux to bring illegal content on Kodi. First of all, know that this is the main reason why Kodi is often tied to piracy. We're talking about an unofficial Kodi addon here, taking advantage of the application's open nature.
Kodi's development team has no control over unofficial addons. This means that those addons are free to tap into illegal content sources, presenting that content via Kodi.
Since you're in charge of installing Kodi addons, you'll also be responsible for any consequences of using those addons.
Is Exodus Redux SAFE to Use?
No, Exodus Redux isn't safe to use. This is perhaps the easiest way to infect your system with malware. Here's why.
Unofficial Kodi addons come from the Web. In other words, they don't come from Kodi's official repository, where addons get checked before being made available. If a malicious addon serves malware, there's nothing to protect your device against getting infected.
This is especially true for addons like Exodus Redux. In the world of Kodi addons, forks and clones are the most dangerous ones. These take the original addon's code, add all kinds of extras (which can include malicious code), and bypass your system's protection measures.
Must Read: Why Are Unofficial Kodi Addons Not Safe to Use?
The best way to ensure the safety of your personal data is by subscribing to a VPN. This will help you encrypt your Web connection, eliminating the risks of using addons like Exodus Redux.
VPN work by rerouting your Web traffic through their servers. During this process, your Internet traffic is encrypted, which makes it invisible to anyone else. Therefore, if an addon tries to take advantage of your personal data, this effort will be futile.
However, make sure to use a VPN designed for media streaming. In terms of Kodi, your best option right now is ExpressVPN - based on our hands-on tests.
What Content Can You Stream via Exodus Redux?
Many of us are on the lookout for movies and TV shows when it comes to streaming. Well (and this doesn't come as a surprise), that's precisely what Exodus Redux brings.
By relying on the original Exodus' code, Exodus Redux allows you to stream movies and TV shows – by diving deep into custom menus. For example, this is how you can browse movies by their language, popularity, genre, certificates, and more.
Do We Recommend Installing the Exodus Redux Kodi Addon?
The answer is no – we don't recommend installing Exodus Redux. Not only because it's illegal, but also because it's a threat to your privacy.
Having all those latest movies and TV shows at your disposal sounds enticing. However, there's no hiding the fact that accessing that content via Exodus Redux is illegal. And in the end, you should never go against your country's laws.
How to Protect Yourself If You Plan on Using Exodus Redux?
We recommend using a VPN service, no matter if you plan on installing Exodus Redux or not. We understand that some countries might be more relaxed when it comes to piracy, but using a VPN is imperative even in those cases.
After having tested pretty much all of the popular VPNs (you'll find those reviews on our website), we believe that ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Kodi users.
Using a VPN alongside Kodi has numerous benefits. This type of software re-routes your Web data through their servers, leaving no trace of your whereabouts. This is how you can use Kodi without your Internet provider knowing what you do online.
In case you decide to use a VPN, we're here to help you get started. Check our overview of the best VPNs for Kodi (hands-on tested by our team). And later on, you'll also want to know how to install, set up, and configure a VPN on Kodi.
Related: 7 Reasons Why You Must Use a VPN When Streaming via Kodi
Exodus Redux Not Working? Check Out These Fixes!
Exodus Redux has its fair share of problems. This is something to expect out of any unofficial Kodi addon, so we've done our best to come up with viable solutions.
Exodus Redux can misbehave at times, failing to fetch new streams. When that happens, you'll want to reset some of its functions, as explained below.
- Launch Exodus Redux and click on 'Tools' using the main menu.
- Then, select 'Cache Functions.'
- Make sure to click on 'Clear Providers' and confirm your decision.
- Feel free to clear other caches as well, just in case.
- Restart Kodi, reopen Exodus Redux, and try again.
Exodus Redux relies on dependencies and scrapers to fetch content. If those don't work (which happens on occasion), you could try updating the addon in the following way:
- Right-click on Exodus Redux's icon.
- Select 'Information.'
- Then, click on 'Update' and see if there are new updates.
- Select the latest update and finish the procedure.
- Restart Kodi, and then reopen the addon.
Exodus Redux changes repositories often, especially if the addon gets abandoned by its developer. This is when another developer will take over, moving the addon to a different repository.
During this process, your local Exodus Redux installation might fail to work. So, you need to look for the latest version of the addon. Do a Google search and try to find its new home.
Kodi's cache data can corrupt, causing a series of technical issues with the application. Luckily for us, there's an easy way to clear Kodi's cache. Make sure to click on the provided link, where you'll find different methods and step-by-step instructions.
You could also try updating Kodi to the latest available version. This will help you resolve several bugs, possible software conflicts, and help maintain Kodi's performance. This is especially true for major versions of the application.
Best Alternatives to the Exodus Redux Addon
There are plenty of legal alternatives to Exodus Redux. We've decided to highlight the top five options, as explained below.
- BBC iPlayer: You'll certainly be surprised by what BBC iPlayer offers. You'll find the latest and older movies here, TV shows, cartoons, and even live TV - all available free of charge. In many ways, it provides more than what you'll find in Exodus Redux. Since this addon is available in the UK only, you'll want to check the best VPNs for BBC iPlayer.
- Crackle: Next, we have another free-of-charge alternative. Crackle provides access to movies and TV shows, and we're talking about relatively fresh picks here (released in the last decade). There's even some critically acclaimed original programming. Make sure to learn how to watch Crackle outside the USA.
- Popcornflix: During the last year or so, Popcornflix has received a wealth of high-rated movies and TV shows, all of which are available for free. The addon currently comes with hundreds of titles - but it's available in the US only. With that said, here's how to access Popcornflix from anywhere.
- Netflix: If you have a Netflix subscription, why not use it with Kodi? By integrating these two platforms, you get an endless library of movies and TV shows. However, make sure to learn how to unblock hidden titles by using a VPN made for Netflix.
- YouTube: Many of you will be surprised to know that YouTube has plenty of full-length movies, in addition to other kinds of video clips. To get the most out of this platform, read more about the best VPNs for YouTube, with the power to unblock different versions of the addon.
That would be all you need to know about the Exodus Redux addon. In case you have any questions, know that you can post a comment below. We'll make sure to respond as soon as possible. And finally, why not share this article online? Thanks – and enjoy using Kodi!