When it comes to the best media streaming services out there, you’ll hardly see anyone mentioning Crackle. And we have to admit, Crackle isn’t going to overtake its premium-priced competitors any time soon. However, considering that it comes free of charge, has a library of interesting movies and TV shows, and even comes with a range of polished apps – there’s very little stopping you from trying it out. With this said, we will be talking about how to install Crackle on Kodi.
First, let’s go over some basic requirements. You need to know that Crackle isn’t exactly available in the entire world. At the moment, users from the USA and Australia can use this streaming platform for free. Also, Crackle is offering subscriptions in a number of Latin American countries and should soon expand to the Caribbean. However, this doesn’t exactly mean that the Crackle Kodi addon is out of your reach, and here’s why.
All you need to access Crackle (for free) is a reliable VPN service. With this said, here’s how to watch American Crackle outside of the USA. Click on the provided link to learn about the best VPN services for this specific task. And then, keep on reading to learn how to get Crackle on your Kodi.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
Read This Before Installing Kodi Addons on Your Device!
Do you think it’s legal and safe to install third-party Kodi addons on your device? ABSOLUTELY NOT – and here’s why!
Third-party Kodi addons are often referred to as ‘unofficial’ or ‘illegal Kodi addons.’ That’s because they let you stream copyrighted content from illegal sources like torrent (P2P) repositories and other websites, which aren’t generally safe, to be honest.
So, what will happen if you don’t act cautiously? Well, you’ll expose yourself to criminal prosecution, often leading to huge fines – once your ISP collects enough data about your online activities. We’ve seen that happen many times before.
That’s the reason why we don’t recommend installing third-party Kodi addons.
No matter if you use official or unofficial Kodi addons, keep in mind that Kodi can be safely accessed using a VPN. Connect to a VPN, and you’ll be safe online, no matter what. Simple as that.
A VPN can help you do the following five things:
- Hide your IP address, while keeping you anonymous while streaming via Kodi.
- Keep you safe from legal troubles.
- Fight against ISP-imposed throttling.
- Unblock all kinds of geo-restricted Kodi addons in your country.
- Bypass sports-related blackouts.
For more details, please read this guide.
After testing over sixty VPNs hands-on, we conclude that ExpressVPN is the #1-rated VPN for Kodi. If you are interested, please read our ExpressVPN review. Also, if you decide to subscribe, grab this limited time deal – save 49% + get 3 extra months FREE.
How to Install Crackle Addon on Kodi
So, let’s talk about how to expand your Kodi library with a sizeable list of TV shows and movies. Here’s how to get Crackle on your Kodi.
- Open Kodi and wait for a few seconds until it fully loads its database.
- Then, click on ‘Add-ons’ found on the left-placed main menu.
- After that, select ‘Download’.
- You should be a long list of different addon types. You need to go with ‘Video Add-ons’ – which will list hundreds of currently available options. Using this list, navigate to ‘Crackle’ and open the addon’s overview.
- To finalize this process, just click on the ‘Install’ button (found on the right side of the screen). You will be asked to install dependencies as well, so just click on ‘OK’. Kodi will now download everything that’s needed in the background, and you should see a notification once the process is done.
- Finally, return to Kodi’s home screen and click on ‘Add-ons’ once again. At this moment, you should see Crackle on your screen. If you don’t see it, open the ‘Video Add-ons’ folder and you’ll find the newly installed addon there. Enjoy!
Before we let you go, we’d like to offer another piece of advice. In case you have third-party repositories, it can be hard to navigate to Crackle – as Kodi can list thousands of addons. So, here’s an even quicker way to install/update the Crackle Kodi addon.
- Open Kodi and click on the search icon (in the top-left corner). Select ‘Search Add-ons‘ and then type in ‘Crackle’.
- At this moment, a list of results should appear on the screen. Go ahead and click on the addon’s name to open its overview.
- This is where you can install or update your new addon. That’s about it!
We sincerely hope that you’ve managed to install this interesting addon. However, in case you encounter any technical issues, make sure to let us know via the comments section below. And as always – enjoy using the Crackle Kodi addon!