We're sure YouTube needs no introduction - being the world's most popular video streaming service. With this said, it's not as surprising to know that you can use this platform on Kodi as well. We're here to tell you all there's to know about the YouTube Kodi addon, including how to install it, so let's get started.
First of all, know that YouTube is fully functional on Kodi. This used to be an unofficial addon, which needed to be downloaded and installed from the Internet (from outside of Kodi, that is). Luckily, that's no longer the case. Considering that it respects Kodi's guidelines, the YouTube Kodi addon has found its way to Kodi's official repository - which makes the installation really simple.
Using YouTube for Kodi, you can use your Google account to synchronize your content. You get to preview individual categories, search for videos, and more. In other words, there's not a single feature found on YouTube's website that you're going to miss on Kodi.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
IMPORTANT: Unblock Kodi Addons & Protect Your Privacy Using a VPN!
When using Kodi addons – you also HAVE TO use a VPN! That’s the only way to secure your use of Kodi while getting extra content as well. Here’s what VPNs bring:
- Get Access to More Content: Most Kodi addons are available in a limited number of countries. The only way to bypass that geo-block is to change your IP address, using a VPN. You’ll GET ACCESS to ANY Kodi addon out there, including its entire content library!
- Avoid the Risks of Using Illegal Addons: Plenty of Kodi addons scrape their content from ILLEGAL sources, which might land you in a lot of trouble. Aside from PIRATED CONTENT, addons installed from the Web can contain MALWARE as well. To prevent others from exploiting your privacy, use a VPN (which hides everything you do in Kodi).
- Prevent Your ISP from Tracking You: If your Internet provider sees you using Kodi, it might THROTTLE your connection. And if you’re caught using ILLEGAL addons, you’ll receive a copyright infringement notice. Avoid both of those dangers by hiding your traffic via a VPN.
Not every VPN is good enough for Kodi. You need one that unblocks any addon and protects your digital privacy (by hiding your data). After testing more than 60 VPNs, our team recommends ExpressVPN – the best Kodi VPN available today!
Save Big Today: For a very limited time, TechNadu’s readers can SAVE 49% on ExpressVPN and get 3 EXTRA MONTHS added to their subscription. Act quickly!
How To Install YouTube Addon on Kodi
And now, let's talk about installing the YouTube Kodi addon. You need to do the following:
- Open Kodi on select the 'Add-ons' category using Kodi's main menu.
- Then, click on the open box icon, found in the top-left corner.
- Select 'Install from Repository' (if you don't see this option, skip this step).
- Navigate to Kodi Add-on Repository > Video Add-ons.
- You need to find 'YouTube,' and then click on the addon's name. Its overview will appear.
- Click on the 'Install' button, which you'll see in the bottom-right corner.
- If asked to install dependences, click on 'OK.'
- Finally, return to the Add-ons category and launch YouTube.
- Before you get to use YouTube, you need to configure the addon using your API key.
- To learn how to create your API key, make sure to check out this page. That's it!
To get the most out of YouTube on Kodi, make sure to visit its settings. This is done by right-clicking on the addon's icon and choosing 'Settings.' There's a lot to fine-tune, including the maximum video resolution, subtitles, auto-playback, and plenty more.
Finally, know that you can share your feedback via the comments section below. And also, don't forget to share this article with others if you think it's helpful. Thanks!