We’re sure that YouTube needs no introduction – being the world’s most popular video sharing service. With this said, it’s not as surprising to know that you can use this platform on Kodi as well. We’re here to tell you all there’s to know about the YouTube Kodi addon, including how to install it, so let’s get started.
First of all, know that YouTube is fully functional on Kodi. This used to be an unofficial addon, which needed to be downloaded and installed from the Internet. Luckily, that’s no longer the case. Considering that it respects Kodi’s guidelines, the YouTube Kodi addon has found its way to Kodi’s official repository – which makes the installation really simple.
Using YouTube for Kodi, you can use your Google account to synchronize your content. This means importing your favorites, and your playlists can be done instantly. You get to preview individual categories, search for videos, and plenty more. In other words, there’s not a single feature found on YouTube that you’re going to miss on Kodi.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
And now, let’s talk about installing the YouTube Kodi addon. As you’re about to see, this will take only a moment of your time, so let’s jump right in.
- Open Kodi on your device and then select the ‘Add-ons‘ category from the application’s navigation bar. Then, click on the open box icon, found in the top-left corner.
- Select ‘Install from Repository,’ and then navigate to ‘Kodi Add-on Repository‘ > ‘Video Add-ons.’ This is where you’ll find all of Kodi’s add-ons, so make sure to check out what’s on offer here.
- You need to find ‘YouTube‘ on this long list, and then click on its name. This will open the addon’s overview. Click on ‘Install‘ to begin with this procedure.
- Kodi will now show you a list of dependencies required for the YouTube Kodi addon. Review the list and click on ‘OK‘ to confirm your decision. The application will now download all that’s required and install YouTube as well. You’ll see a notification in the top-right corner once the procedure is done.
- Finally, return to your Add-ons category. This is where you’ll find YouTube, so go ahead and click on its icon. The first time you open it, you’ll be asked to go through a set-up procedure, asking you for a language and location. This is needed to help YouTube show you a version of the platform made for your country.
To get the most out of YouTube on Kodi, make sure to visit its settings. This is done by right-clicking on the addon’s icon and choosing ‘Settings.’ There’s a lot to fine-tune, including the maximum video resolution, subtitles, auto-playback, and plenty more.
Make sure to explore more by reading the latest Kodi-related articles published by TechNadu. And of course, you can get more Kodi addons as well. Use the provided links to learn how to enhance Kodi and get the most out of this software.
Finally, know that you can share your feedback via the comments section below. And also, don’t forget to share this article with others if you think it’s helpful. Thanks!