South Korea is a small country, at least geographically, but the influence of its culture is noticeable worldwide. First, Korean music came. K-Pop has taken over the world during the last few years, even though its influence started to spread in the 90s. Today, we are witnessing the rise of Korean cinematography. I believe many of you became acquainted with it in the past. However, my interest in Korean cinematography started with Busanhaeng (Train to Busan). This is still one of the most successful commercial movies that came out of this intriguing country. Soon after, I released that Korea has a lot more to offer. This is why we will be talking about the best Korean Kodi addons in this article.
No matter if you use Kodi to stream movies, or if you’re interested in Kodi’s offering of live TV channels, you’ve come to the right place. TechNadu is the ultimate source of helpful tutorials about the best Kodi addons, where we explain where to find them and how to install them. This article will continue in the same manner, with detailed information about features and installations. We promise that by the end of this article, you will learn a thing or two about Kodi. Most importantly, the following Korean Kodi addons will grant you a large online library of streamable content.
Before getting started, we strictly recommend you to be safe while using Kodi. Therefore, we want you to read the
We will be talking about software developed for Kodi – which is based on open-source code. However, the following software comes from unofficial third-parties. In addition, it is publicly available and free of charge. TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way. Make sure to carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
disclaimer and WARNING notice found below.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
Finally – here are the 3 best Korean Kodi addons in 2020. Take a look.
- Where to Find This Addon? – Download from GitHub (CastagnaIT Repository).
- From Where You Can Access This Addon? – Netflix is available globally. However, you’ll want to learn how to access the US version of Netflix by using a VPN service.
- What You Can Stream via Netflix? – Close to 5,000 movies and TV shows await – including plenty of exclusive and original Netflix titles.
- Read more: How to Install Netflix on Kodi.
Yes – you read that right. The first option on our list of the best Korean Kodi addons is none other than Netflix. This media streaming giant has done plenty to include international movies into its lineup, and you’ll find a sizeable library of titles right now. Some of the most popular picks are Train to Busan, Lucid Dream, 26 Years, Forgotten, Rampant, and plenty of other Korean movies.
As you already know, Netflix isn’t a niche OTT platform. It’s trying to bring just about any type of content available out there, which means that you’ll get plenty for your money. This is the reason why we think you’re going to love its Kodi addon as well. To learn more, we recommend checking our Netflix review.
- Where to Find This Addon? – Download from MEGA.NZ (plugin.video.vikir.zip).
- From Where You Can Access This Addon? – Available globally – but some titles might be restricted to certain countries only. To overcome this limitation, make sure to check the best VPNs for streaming right now.
- What You Can Stream via Viki? – A huge selection of Korean movies and TV shows. Movies from Japan and China included as well, with English subtitles.
Next, we have something that’s similar to our previous recommendation – but also very different at the same time. Viki is an OTT service owned by Rakuten, the company behind the popular Viber messenger. Realizing that there’s an opportunity to expand its presence, Rakuten made the right call and brought Viki to millions of users across the world. This is where you’ll find Korean, Japanese, and Chinese movies, in addition to TV shows and other types of international content.
It’s also worth noting that plenty of movies can be watched free of charge. However, if you’re truly a fan of Korean movies, you’ll want to check out Viki Pass Plus – which gets you access to plenty of exclusive titles.
- Where to Find This Addon? – The official Kodi repository.
- From Where You Can Access This Addon? – Available globally. However, if you want to fully unblock this platform, here are the best VPNs for YouTube.
- What You Can Stream via YouTube? – A large number of international, indie, and independent movies – completely free of charge.
- Read more: How to install YouTube on Kodi.
We are going to end our list of recommendations with YouTube. It might be surprising to see this platform here – but as you probably know, YouTube is the world’s most popular video streaming service, after all. This means that you can use it to find international movies as well, which can be streamed free-of-charge.
As you can imagine, we’re not talking about the latest blockbusters here. However, if you’re into older Korean movies, YouTube can be your best friend. You can find its addon in Kodi’s official repository, capable of supporting your user account, syncing your favorites, and plenty more. We definitely recommend trying it out.
So, this brings us to the end of our article on the best Korean Kodi addons in 2020. We sincerely hope that you’ll manage to expand your Kodi’s library with this new type of content. If there’s anything you’d like us to know, post a comment below.