South Korea is a small country, at least geographically, but the influence of its culture is noticeable worldwide. First, Korean music came. K-Pop has taken over the world during the last few years, even though its influence started to spread in the 90s. Today, we are witnessing the rise of Korean cinematography. I believe many of you became acquainted with it in the past. However, my interest in Korean cinematography started with Busanhaeng (Train to Busan). This is one of the most successful commercial movies that came out of this intriguing country. Soon after, I released that Korea has a lot to offer. This is why we will be talking about the best Korean Kodi addons in this article.
No matter if you use Kodi to stream movies, or if you’re interested in Kodi’s offering of Live TV, you’ve come to the right place. TechNadu is the ultimate source of helpful tutorials on Kodi addons as well as Kodi’s customizable builds, where we explain where to find them and how to install them. This article will continue in the same manner, with detailed information about features and installations. We promise that by the end of this article, you will learn the most important features of Kodi like installing third-party addons. Most importantly, the following Korean Kodi addons will grant you a large online library of streamable content.
Disclaimer: This article contains information about software based on Kodi – which is based on open source software on its own. The following addons can be considered both official and unofficial. However, all of them are publicly available and free of charge. Therefore, TechNadu doesn’t take any responsibility for how our readers decide to use the software mentioned below. Please note that we don’t condone piracy nor copyright infringement. Additionally, this website is no way connected to the software mentioned below. Please make sure to read and fully understand the above-said disclaimer carefully and ensure the proper use of the software.
WARNING: Before You Continue…
We advise our readers to be careful when using Kodi. This is because some of you have reported receiving copyright infringement noticed from your Internet Service Providers (ISPs). The truth is that there are some quite aggressive IPSs out there, capable of collecting different sorts of your personal Web browsing data. This is why using a VPN application should be considered as an important prerequisite. Let’s take a brief look at the most valuable benefits VPNs provide.
- Virtual Private Networks are capable of keeping your Internet connection secure. VPN software is designed to encrypt your connection making it inaccessible to third-parties. This means that your ISP won’t be able to track your personal data nor any government or agencies.
- Those of you who use open and insecure Wi-Fi connections are at a risk of malicious attacks. This is especially true for Wi-Fis that are publicly available (in coffee-shops and hotels, for example). This makes it a good reason to invest in a VPN software.
- If you’re looking for a way to break out of geographical limits, a VPN is a viable solution. Quite often, you can encounter region-locked content on the Web (as well as on Kodi). By using a VPN, these boundaries are eliminated. In fact, you’ll be able to access the Web without any restrictions or censorship.
There are a lot of VPN applications out there, offering different sets of features. We would like to help you with this decision by recommending IPVanish. This is our preferred VPN app that works without any issues. It allows us to watch region-locked content and keep your Internet connections secure – without sacrificing their speeds.
Try out IPVanish today. The prices start at $6.95 per month and you can use IPVanish without any limitations or restrictions.
Best Korean Kodi Addons: Official Addons
Kodi’s repository of addons comes from two sources. The first one contains official addons. These are installed using the Add-ons section of Kodi which contains a large library of streamable content. Then, there are unofficial addons (which we’ll be talking about later in this article). We’ll start our list of the best Korean Kodi addons with one official recommendation.
Viewster is a popular Web-based streaming service that still lurks in the shadows of giants like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Video. However, it brings a very interesting selection of content and certainly deserves your attention.
What’s interesting about Viewster is that it comes as an official Kodi addon. Once installed, you’ll open your device to a world of online content – easily accessible and only one click away. This is a viable option to those who don’t want to deal with unofficial addons. Just imagine launching Kodi on your TV and having hundreds of titles to watch.
Upon launching Viewster, you’ll immediately see a large selection of content categories. These include Action, Animations, Classics, Comedy, Horror, Romance, Thrillers, and much more. This add-on offers both movies and TV shows, which can be seen after clicking on any of the categories present on the home screen.
Sadly, you won’t find content organized by languages or the country of origin. This would be tremendously helpful for finding non-English movies and TV shows. However, there are two ways to find Korean content:
- Open Viewster and use the search option on the main screen. You can use a term like ‘Korea’ when performing the search. The library isn’t huge, but it’s a good starting point.
- Another way to find Korean content is to use this Viewster’s official website. Type ‘Korea’ in the search box (top-right corner) and you’ll see sixteen titles. Then, use those titles to find movies within the addon.
Continue reading to learn how to install this addon:
- Open Kodi and navigate to the Add-ons Section using the left-positioned menu.
- Once again, use the left-positioned menu but this time click on ‘Download’.
- You should see a list of different categories. You need to open the ‘Video Add-ons’ folder.
- You’ve arrived to the list of available addons. Find Viewster and click on the addon’s name.
- A new screen will be shown. In the bottom-right corner, you will find the Install button. Click on it.
- After a few seconds, a notification will appear saying that Viewster has been installed.
- Return to the Add-ons Section, from where this addon can be launched.
Best Korean Kodi Addons: Unofficial Addons
Among official addons, you won’t find a better option than Viewster. This is why it’s imperative to turn to a world of third-party addons. These come with a somewhat lengthier installation method, but it’s nothing complicated. Use the provided guides to install and use the following addons.
The truth is that you were able to find numerous Korean Kodi addons a few months ago. However, only a few are available today. Among those available, DramaGO is perhaps the most interesting one.
This addon doesn’t only bring content based on the Korean language. Instead, this is an amazing source of Asian cinematography in general. My strong suggestion is to take a look at Chinese movies within this addon since I am sure you’re going to like it.
The main screen of DramaGo brings different ways to browse the available content. Some of the available options are Recently Added Movies, Movies A-Z, Movie Genres, Top Movies, and more. The same applies to TV shows as well. All of those categories are self-explanatory and they lead to more defined filters. The number of different categories is astonishing. For example, if you click on Movie Genres, you will see 87 different ways to browse the selection.
Since we are focusing on Korean cinematography and TV shows, this is how you can open it in DramaGO:
- Open the addon and go to the bottom of the list present on the home screen – named ‘Korean Drama HD’. Inside, you’ll find two folders – Drama List and Latest Episodes. The first one lists all of the available dramas and inside you’ll find seasons and episodes separated into folders. The second option (Latest Episodes) simply lists recently added episodes.
- It is also worth knowing that once you click on a file that you want to stream, you will see a list of available mirrors. These are different sources of the same content. Sometimes, you’ll find movies and TV shows in High Definition format. However, make sure your Internet connection is strong enough to buffer and play these files.
DramaGo can be found within the SuperRepo repository. This is one is known for a vast collection of addons, so you’ll probably find other interesting options as well. Installation of DramaGo is very simple if you use the provided link and follow the guide carefully.
This is one of the most popular addons that provides international content. It has been around for quite some time and managed to attract a large group of loyal users. One of the best things about cCloud TV is that it’s well-maintained, with very few non-working links.
The main screen of cCloud TV shows a nice selection of categorized content. Here you’ll find options like Movies, News, Documentary, Music, Radio, and On-Demand content. In addition, you’ll find categorized sports content as well, so you can watch boxing on Kodi, NFL, NHL, or anything else.
There are several hundreds of live TV channels within individual categories. Your best bet would be to browse the addon on your own and find the content you like. Sadly, there’s no option to create favorites so that you have an easily accessible list of options.
When it comes to Korean content, you will find three options. Let’s take a look at these, so you know what to expect.
- KBS World (News): This is a well-known TV station that broadcasts from South Korea. As you can expect, its programming is in Korean, but you can often find subtitles in English, Malay, and Chinese.
- KBS World (Family): This yet another similar channel that comes from the same broadcast at the previous option. This is where you’ll find family-friendly content such as movies, TV shows, documentaries as well as informative content for children.
- Korean Central Television: This is perhaps the most intriguing TV channel since it comes from Pyongyang. We have been hearing a lot about North Korea and rising tensions around the world. In their homeland, KCT is the only source of news for North Koreans. However, you won’t be able to access that stream. Instead, you can watch KCT’s entertainment section.
Since this not one of the dedicated Korean Kodi addons, you’ll have to use the search option to find available Korean content. Click on ‘Search’ from on the home screen of cCloud TV and type ‘Korean’. This will list all of the available options. At times, these streams will go down. However, feel free to return later once they start working again.
cCloud TV installation is similar to installations of third-party addons. Use the provided link to access TechNadu’s guide.
In some ways, Exodus is similar to cCloud TV. However, the biggest difference here is the way Exodus organizes its content. Continue reading to learn more.
Exodus has found its way to my list of the best addons a couple of months ago. Since then, I find myself using it on a daily basis. It’s easy to navigate and it brings a huge number of titles. On top of that, I can’t remember the last time I encountered a faulty link. These are the reasons why Exodus is on this list of the best Korean Kodi addons.
Upon opening Exodus, you will find a number options like Movies, TV Shows, New Movies, New Episodes, Channels, and more. You can expect what even of them are designed to do. There are also two additional options: My Movies and My TV Shows. This is where you can create your favorites, which is especially helpful for TV shows that contain several seasons and many episodes. However, you’ll need a Trakt or IMDB account – both of which can be added via Exodus’ Settings panel.
Here’s how to unveil Korean content:
- Movies: To browse Korean movies open the ‘Movies’ option from the main screen. Then go to Languages > Korean. There are currently 51 titles available. I recommend watching Oldboy, Train to Busan, as well as A Tale of Two Sisters. However, I am sure you’ll find other interesting movies as well. Many of them come in HD format.
- TV Shows: Korean TV shows can be found at TV Shows > Languages > Korean. There are 50 TV shows at the moment, which is an astonishing achievement. Once you click on a title, you will be taken to an overview of available seasons. Inside, episodes are listed.
Exodus for Kodi is a must-have addon. It combines blockbuster hits with international content, which seems like a perfect combination. I am sure you’ll spend many hours using this addon.
Covenant & Genesis Reborn
Since we placed Exodus on our list of Korean Kodi addons, it’s only fair to mention Covenant and Genesis Reborn. You might be wondering what these three addons have in common? Well, they are pretty much identical.
These three addons share the same core, which is why they look and feel very similar. In addition, they bring identical libraries of content. You will rarely find a title that’s unique to one of these three apps. However, what you should know is that Kodi addons come and go. Sometimes, they stop working all of the sudden only to resurface after a couple of months (as you’ll see in our following recommendation).
Exodus offers an amazing library of content and it would be sad to see it disappear. However, this will happen someday. This is why you’ll be happy to have an alternative. The addon named Covenant is a viable alternative that brings lots of Korean-related content including both movies and TV shows. The same could be said for Genesis Reborn for Kodi. Even though it brings a slightly different navigation, the core is the same. Make sure to install all three of those and you won’t have to worry if one of those stops working.
This addon has been quite popular for some time now. However, it somehow stopped working a month ago. This seemed like a major setback since IC Drama specializes in Asian TV content. However, a new repository appeared with a fixed version of IC Drama – that is now fully working.
This is one of the best Korean Kodi addons that brings the latest content. It’s specialized in TV content, you can also find a section that contains a nice selection of Asian cinematography. Almost every of the available sources offers HD content, so you can enjoy it on a large-screen TV.
Upon opening IC Drama, you will see a nicely filtered content by the country of origin. There are options like HK Drama, Chinese Drama, Taiwanese Drama, and Japanese Drama. As you can expect, there’s also Korean content that includes TV shows as well as variety shows.
This is how you can access Korean content:
- Korean Drama: This option is offered on the home page of IC Drama. There are 55 shows at the moment. When you click on any of the available titles, you will see two options: English and Chinese subtitles. No matter which option you choose, the next step leads to listed seasons and episodes.
Also note that there are two additional options on the home screen: Cantonese and Chinese Subtitles. These act as shortcuts to the previously explained navigation path.
- Korean Variety: In case you like variety shows, which can be a lot of fun – especially Korean, you can access this option on the home screen of IC Drama. A nice selection awaits with listed episodes.
Here’s how to install IC Drama for Kodi:
- Open Kodi and go to the System menu. Use the top-left positioned Gear Icon.
- Now open File Manager and double-click on Add Source.
- You will see a message that says ‘<None>’. Click on it and enter the following URL: http://aznhusband.github.io/. Give a name to this repository and hit OK.
- Go to the Add-ons Section from Kodi’s main screen. Use the Open Box icon to proceed.
- Pick ‘Install from ZIP file’. Now browse the newly added plugin – click on its name in a newly opened pop-up window and install the file named ‘repository.aznhusband-kodi-repo.zip’.
- Return one step and now pick ‘Install from Repository’. Find an entry named ‘aznhusband-kodi-repo’. Open it and navigate to the Video Add-ons folder.
- Inside, you’ll find ‘Icdrama’. Click on the addon’s name and use the Install button.
- IC Drama will be installed after a few seconds and placed within the Add-ons section.
- You can return to the Add-ons Section to launch it.
This is where we conclude our list of suggestions of Korean Kodi addons. We sincerely hope that you managed to install the addons found in this article. This would mean that now you have hundreds of Korean movies and TV shows – ready to be streamed. Before we conclude this article, we’d like to give you a few suggestions for what movies to watch:
- The Handmaiden: An amazing achievement of Korean cinematography that won numerous ‘Best Film’ awards.
- The Wailing: A highly imaginative crime drama with elements of pure horror.
- Snowpiercer: This is an English-based movie directed by South Korean director Joon-Ho Bong. A true masterpiece of science fiction.
- Castaway on the Moon: A good pick if you like touching movies with a slow buildup. An American remake is in the works.
- I Saw the Devil: An incredibly tense psychological thriller/horror. This movie isn’t for the faint of heart.
Do you have any suggestions when it comes to Korean Kodi addons? If you feel we missed something out, don’t be afraid to speak your mind. Also, feel free to give recommendations for good Korean movies as well.