South Korea is a small country, at least geographically, but the influence of its culture is noticeable worldwide. First, Korean music came. K-Pop has taken over the world during the last few years, even though its influence started to spread in the 90s. Today, we are witnessing the rise of Korean cinematography. I believe many of you became acquainted with it in the past. However, my interest in Korean cinematography started with Busanhaeng (Train to Busan). This is still one of the most successful commercial movies that came out of this intriguing country. Soon after, I released that Korea has a lot more to offer. This is why we will be talking about the best Korean Kodi addons in this article.
No matter if you use Kodi to stream movies, or if you’re interested in Kodi’s offering of live TV channels, you’ve come to the right place. TechNadu is the ultimate source of helpful tutorials about the best Kodi addons, where we explain where to find them and how to install them. This article will continue in the same manner, with detailed information about features and installations. We promise that by the end of this article, you will learn a thing or two about Kodi. Most importantly, the following Korean Kodi addons will grant you a large online library of streamable content.
Before we proceed further, we have a word of caution for you. Our strong advice is to make sure you’re using Kodi safely and legally. With this said, we want you to read our In this article, we are talking about Kodi and this application’s official and unofficial addons – all of which are based on open-source code. Addons for Kodi can come from the official source (you can install them via Kodi itself), or they can be hosted by third-party sources (such as GitHub, for example). In addition, Kodi and its addons are publicly available and free of charge.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
disclaimer as well as the following warning message.
WARNING: When Using Kodi, Make Sure to Always Use a VPN!
Without a VPN, you will be facing many obstacles when using Kodi. Aside from encountering blocked content, you’re also putting your privacy at risk. With this said, here’s why you MUST use a VPN while using Kodi:
- Kodi Imposes Geo-Restrictions: Numerous Kodi addons are restricted to certain countries only. By checking your IP address, these addons can block access to their content, which means that you’re missing out on a vast media library. A VPN resolves this problem by giving you a virtual IP address associated with a different country. For this purpose, we recommend getting a US IP or a UK IP address – as the majority of Kodi addons are restricted to these two countries.
- Your ISP is Watching Your Every Move: Without a VPN, your ISP collects all your Web data. This includes your Web search history, any websites you visit, and any media streaming services you use. Kodi is a media streaming application, which means that many of you will face ISP-imposed throttling, as a result. By hiding your Web traffic via a VPN service, you can make sure that your ISP doesn’t know what you’re doing online – and enjoy the full speed of your Web connection.
- You’re Putting Your Device’s Safety at Risk: Be very careful about which Kodi addons you install. Third-party sources can often lead to malware and cryptocurrency trojans, exploiting your private data and your device’s resources. With this said, know that VPNs reduce the risk of you getting infected with malware by implementing website blacklists. They don’t completely stop malware, but they can block access to malicious websites by using often-updated lists of dangerous websites (supplied by antivirus vendors). This is especially handy in the world of unofficial Kodi addons.
Once again, be very careful while using Kodi – and think about your privacy and digital security. A reliable VPN helps you secure and improve your Web connection, unblocks everything that Kodi offers, and takes care of your privacy. And per our extensive hands-on tests, we highly recommend you use ExpressVPN – the best VPN for Kodi at the moment.
LIMITED TIME OFFER: For our readers, we’ve prepared an exceptional deal. You can now save 49% on ExpressVPN – and get three additional months for free!
Finally – here are the 3 best Korean Kodi addons in 2020. Take a look.
- Where to Find This Addon? – Download from GitHub (CastagnaIT Repository).
- From Where You Can Access This Addon? – Netflix is available globally. However, you’ll want to learn how to access the US version of Netflix by using a VPN service.
- What You Can Stream via Netflix? – Close to 5,000 movies and TV shows await – including plenty of exclusive and original Netflix titles.
- Read more: How to Install Netflix on Kodi.
Yes – you read that right. The first option on our list of the best Korean Kodi addons is none other than Netflix. This media streaming giant has done plenty to include international movies into its lineup, and you’ll find a sizeable library of titles right now. Some of the most popular picks are Train to Busan, Lucid Dream, 26 Years, Forgotten, Rampant, and plenty of other Korean movies.
As you already know, Netflix isn’t a niche OTT platform. It’s trying to bring just about any type of content available out there, which means that you’ll get plenty for your money. This is the reason why we think you’re going to love its Kodi addon as well. To learn more, we recommend checking our Netflix review.
- Where to Find This Addon? – Download from MEGA.NZ (plugin.video.vikir.zip).
- From Where You Can Access This Addon? – Available globally – but some titles might be restricted to certain countries only. To overcome this limitation, make sure to check the best VPNs for streaming right now.
- What You Can Stream via Viki? – A huge selection of Korean movies and TV shows. Movies from Japan and China included as well, with English subtitles.
Next, we have something that’s similar to our previous recommendation – but also very different at the same time. Viki is an OTT service owned by Rakuten, the company behind the popular Viber messenger. Realizing that there’s an opportunity to expand its presence, Rakuten made the right call and brought Viki to millions of users across the world. This is where you’ll find Korean, Japanese, and Chinese movies, in addition to TV shows and other types of international content.
It’s also worth noting that plenty of movies can be watched free of charge. However, if you’re truly a fan of Korean movies, you’ll want to check out Viki Pass Plus – which gets you access to plenty of exclusive titles.
- Where to Find This Addon? – The official Kodi repository.
- From Where You Can Access This Addon? – Available globally. However, if you want to fully unblock this platform, here are the best VPNs for YouTube.
- What You Can Stream via YouTube? – A large number of international, indie, and independent movies – completely free of charge.
- Read more: How to install YouTube on Kodi.
We are going to end our list of recommendations with YouTube. It might be surprising to see this platform here – but as you probably know, YouTube is the world’s most popular video streaming service, after all. This means that you can use it to find international movies as well, which can be streamed free-of-charge.
As you can imagine, we’re not talking about the latest blockbusters here. However, if you’re into older Korean movies, YouTube can be your best friend. You can find its addon in Kodi’s official repository, capable of supporting your user account, syncing your favorites, and plenty more. We definitely recommend trying it out.
So, this brings us to the end of our article on the best Korean Kodi addons in 2020. We sincerely hope that you’ll manage to expand your Kodi’s library with this new type of content. If there’s anything you’d like us to know, post a comment below.