For a very long time now, one of the most popular addons for Kodi was BBC iPlayer. This is still the case due to the fact that this addon brings a huge variety of content. As you can imagine, all of the content found here comes from the BBC – one of the most popular broadcasters in the world. With its long history of making highly entertaining and educational programs, it is no wonder why millions of individuals turn to this TV network. Keep on reading and learn more about the BBC iPlayer Kodi addon.
Before getting started, we strictly recommend you to be safe while using Kodi. Therefore, we want you to read the
We will be talking about software developed for Kodi – which is based on open-source code. However, the following software comes from unofficial third-parties. In addition, it is publicly available and free of charge. TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way. Make sure to carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
disclaimer and WARNING notice found below.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
Everything You Need To Know About BBC iPlayer Kodi Addon in 2019
This TV network is offering the majority of its shows and programming free of charge. In fact, BBC iPlayer is a popular online platform where you can stream all kinds of media. This comprehensive platform allows you to easily sort the available content by channels, categories, and names. On top of that, it also includes live-streaming that can be especially helpful during major sports events.
The BBC iPlayer for Kodi is simply an addon that reflects the Web version. You get to filter the available content in many different ways and watch TV shows in HD formats (720p and 1080p). The best thing is that this addon comes free of charge and works without a single issue.
We have more good news for you. Since the BBC iPlayer addon can found in Kodi’s own repository of approval addons. This makes the installation process as smooth as possible. In addition, you can use the same installation procedure with other Kodi addons with verified content sources. So, let’s jump right in.
12 Steps to Install BBC iPlayer Addon on Kodi
We will take you through the installation procedure one step at the time. There are helpful screenshots that guide you as well.
- Open Kodi and click on ‘Add-ons’ in the main menu;
- Next, click on ‘Download’ in the right-placed menu;
- You will now see a list of different categories. You need to open a folder named ‘Video add-ons’;
- This is where you’ll find all of the available video add-ons. Scroll down and then click on ‘iPlayer WWW’;
- To finalize the installation, hit the ‘Install’ button;
- After a few moments, Kodi will let you know that your new addon has been installed. Return to your Add-ons section where BBC iPlayer will be waiting for you. Enjoy!
In case you cannot find BBC iPlayer or if there are too many different options, we have an alternative installation method for you. Keep on reading.
- Launch Kodi and wait until it fully loads;
- Click on the Search icon in the top-left corner;
- Choose to ‘Search Add-ons’ and type in ‘BBC iPlayer’;
- A list of search results will appear. Click on ‘iPlayer WWW’;
- Finally, use the ‘Install’ button to finalize the procedure.
What to Expect from BBC iPlayer Kodi Addon?
Important Note: BBC iPlayer is geo-restricted to the United Kingdom. To use this service (no matter if you stream it online or via Kodi), you need to use a VPN application and connected to a UK-based server. We highly recommend ExpressVPN for this.
To make sure you’re using this amazing addon to its full extent, we have decided to provide a guided tour. Let’s go over the home screen of the addon, and learn more about the offered content categories.
- Highlights: The first item on the home screen brings some of the recently released clips and TV show episodes that are already trending. In case you don’t know what to watch, the chances are you’ll find something interesting here.
- Channel Highlights: Like the previous category, this is where you’ll find freshly released and trending clips. However, you will first encounter all of BBC’s channels which is how you filter the content. For example, you can go with ‘CBeebies’ for cartoons, or with ‘BBC Parliament’ for politics.
- Most Popular: The name says it all. This is a list of the most popular files from the iPlayer, which includes all of the available categories as well.
- Programme List & Channel A-Z: These two categories can be used if you know exactly what to watch. The first option lets you sort the available TV shows by their name. The second option sorts the content by its channel of origin.
- Categories: With 29 categories at your disposal, this is where you can find something based on your interests. Some of the included categories are comedy, drama & soaps, food, history, documentaries, and everything in between.
- Search: In case something specific crosses your mind, just use the Search option. Type in the name of the TV show you want to watch, and the BBC iPlayer Kodi addon will display a list of results.
- Watch Live: As we noted previously, the iPlayer service isn’t used only for on-demand videos. It can be used to live stream certain events and watch BBC’s programs live. At the moment, you get to pick from 31 channels.
- Red Button: BBC brings an interactive service called Red Button that is available on a wide range of digital platforms. In case you want to check out the latest sports coverage, this is where you’ll find plenty of interesting options.
- Watching: In case you have a BBC ID, which is your personalized account, you can use this section to sync your data. When you start watching something online, you can continue watching that using the BBC iPlayer Kodi addons. This is a very handy feature but it requires you to sign up for an account.
- Added: Just like the previous option, this one also uses your BBC ID. You can save certain videos to watch them later, and these will be stored in your ‘Added’ category within Kodi.
- Sign Out BBCiD: As the name of this option says, this is where you can sign out of your BBC account. To sign in, you need to right-click on the addon’s icon and select ‘Settings’.
Dear readers, this is where we conclude our article on the BBC iPlayer Kodi addon. We did our best to explain everything you need to know. However, don’t hesitate to post a comment below if you’re facing any kind of issue. We’ll be glad to respond.