BBC's iPlayer is one of the world's best (free) streaming services. We think of this platform as a hidden gem, as not many are using it outside the UK. However, this is where you'll find a huge library of movies and TV shows produced by the BBC - in addition to a sizeable library of titles that come from other TV networks (from the USA). The only question is - how to install the BBC iPlayer addon on Kodi? Don't worry, TechNadu's editorial team is here to help!
The good news is that the BBC iPlayer addon comes free of charge. Also, you'll find it in Kodi's official repository, which makes its installation easy and quick. However, we also have some not-as-good news.
To make this addon work on your Kodi, you need to be in the United Kingdom. In case you're not, you need to get a UK IP address. This is done using a VPN - so make sure to check out the best VPNs for BBC's iPlayer.
By using a VPN, you can connect to a server in the United Kingdom and obtain a new IP. Then, you'll get to unblock not only the BBC's streaming platform but numerous other websites as well.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
IMPORTANT: Access More TV Shows & Protect Your Privacy Using a VPN!
When watching TV shows via Kodi – you HAVE TO use a VPN! That’s the only way to secure your use of Kodi while getting extra content as well. Here’s what VPNs bring:
- Get Access to More TV Shows: Most TV show Kodi addons are available in a limited number of countries. The only way to bypass that geo-block is to change your IP address – done using a VPN. You’ll GET ACCESS to ANY Kodi addon out there, including its entire content library!
- Avoid the Risks of Using Illegal Addons: Most Kodi addons scrape their content from ILLEGAL sources, which might land you in a lot of trouble. Aside from PIRATED CONTENT, addons installed from the Web can contain MALWARE as well. To prevent others from exploiting your privacy, use a VPN (which hides everything you do in Kodi).
- Prevent Your ISP from Tracking You: If your Internet provider sees you using Kodi, it might THROTTLE your Web connection. And if you’re caught using ILLEGAL addons, you’ll receive a copyright infringement notice. Avoid both of those dangers by hiding your traffic via a VPN.
Not every VPN is good enough for Kodi. You need one that unblocks any Kodi addon and protects your digital privacy (by hiding your data). After testing more than 60 VPNs, our team recommends ExpressVPN – the best Kodi VPN available today!
Save Big Today: For a very limited time, TechNadu’s readers can SAVE 49% on ExpressVPN and get 3 EXTRA MONTHS added to their subscription. Act quickly!
How to Install BBC iPlayer Addon on Kodi
Finally, let's talk about what you want to know. Here's how to install the BBC iPlayer addon on Kodi, the simple way.
1. Open Kodi and wait until you see its home screen.
2. Click on 'Add-ons' using the application's main menu (on the left).
2. Then, select (or hover over) 'Download' via the left-placed menu.
3. Open the addon category named 'Video add-ons.'
4. Scroll down a bit and click on 'iPlayer WWW.'
5. To finalize the installation, hit the 'Install' button.
6. Once presented with a list of dependencies, feel free to select 'OK.'
7. After a few moments, Kodi will let you know that your new addon is now installed.
8. Return to 'Add-ons' by navigating back to Kodi's home screen.
9. Finally, launch iPlayer WWW. That's it!
This is where we conclude our guide on installing BBC iPlayer on Kodi. We did our best to explain everything you need to know. However, don’t hesitate to post a comment below if you’re facing any kind of issue. We’ll be glad to assist!