Without a single doubt, BBC’s iPlayer is one of the world’s best streaming services. We think of this platform as a hidden gem, as not many are using it outside the United Kingdom. However, this is where you’ll find a huge library of movies and TV shows produced by the BBC – in addition to a sizeable library that comes from other TV networks (from the USA). The only question is – how to install the BBC iPlayer addon on Kodi? Don’t worry, TechNadu’s editorial team is here to help!
The good news is that the BBC iPlayer addon comes free of charge. Also, you’ll find it in Kodi’s official repository, which makes its installation easy and quick. However, we also have some not-as-good news. To make this addon work on your Kodi, you need to be in the United Kingdom. In case you’re not, you need to get a UK IP address. This is done by using a VPN application – so make sure to check out the best VPNs for BBC’s iPlayer. By using a VPN, you can connect to a server in the UK and obtain a new IP address. Then, you’ll get to unblock not only the BBC’s streaming platform but numerous other websites as well.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
How to Install BBC iPlayer Addon on Kodi
Finally, let’s talk about what you want to know. Here’s how to install the BBC iPlayer on Kodi, the simple way.
- Open Kodi
- And click on ‘Add-ons’ in the main menu (on the left side of the screen).
- Then, click on ‘Download’ via the left-placed menu.
- You will now see a list of different categories. You need to open a folder named ‘Video add-ons’.
- Scroll down and then click on ‘iPlayer WWW’;
- To finalize the installation, hit the ‘Install’ button.
- You’ll be asked to install the required dependencies (especially if you’ve installed or updated Kodi recently). So, make sure to click on ‘OK’. The addon should be downloaded and installed on its own.
- After a few moments, Kodi will let you know that your new addon has been installed.
- Return to your Add-ons where the iPlayer WWW addon will be waiting for you. Enjoy!
In case you cannot find BBC iPlayer or if there are too many different options, we have an alternative installation method for you. This often happens once you install third-party repositories, which makes it hard to pinpoint individual addons. So, here’s an even quicker way to get to the iPlayer WWW addon.
- Launch Kodi and wait until it fully loads.
- Then, click on the Search icon in the top-left corner (underneath the application’s logo).
- Choose ‘Search Add-ons’ from the menu you’ll see on your screen and type in ‘iPlayer WWW’. Click on ‘OK’ to finalize the search.
- A list of search results will appear on the screen. Click on ‘iPlayer WWW’, which will open the addon’s overview.
- Then finalize the process, use the ‘Install’ button.
Dear readers, this is where we conclude our guide on installing the BBC iPlayer on Kodi in 2021. We did our best to explain everything you need to know. However, don’t hesitate to post a comment below if you’re facing any kind of issue. We’ll be glad to respond!