Without a single doubt, BBC’s iPlayer is one of the world’s best streaming services. We think of this platform as a hidden gem, as not many are using it outside the United Kingdom. However, this is where you’ll find a huge library of movies and TV shows produced by the BBC – in addition to a sizeable library that comes from other TV networks (from the USA). The only question is – how to install the BBC iPlayer Kodi addon? Don’t worry, TechNadu’s editorial team is here to help!
The good news is that the BBC iPlayer addon comes free of charge. Also, you’ll find it in Kodi’s official repository, which makes its installation easy and quick. However, we also have some not-as-good news. To make this addon work on your Kodi, you need to be in the United Kingdom. In case you’re not, you need to get a UK IP address. This is done by using a VPN application – so make sure to check out the best VPNs for BBC’s iPlayer. By using a VPN, you can connect to a server in the UK and obtain a new IP address. Then, you’ll get to unblock not only the BBC’s streaming platform but numerous other websites as well.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
Read This Before Installing Kodi Addons on Your Device!
Do you think it’s legal and safe to install third-party Kodi addons on your device? ABSOLUTELY NOT – and here’s why!
Third-party Kodi addons are often referred to as ‘unofficial’ or ‘illegal Kodi addons.’ That’s because they let you stream copyrighted content from illegal sources like torrent (P2P) repositories and other websites, which aren’t generally safe, to be honest.
So, what will happen if you don’t act cautiously? Well, you’ll expose yourself to criminal prosecution, often leading to huge fines – once your ISP collects enough data about your online activities. We’ve seen that happen many times before.
That’s the reason why we don’t recommend installing third-party Kodi addons.
No matter if you use official or unofficial Kodi addons, keep in mind that Kodi can be safely accessed using a VPN. Connect to a VPN, and you’ll be safe online, no matter what. Simple as that.
A VPN can help you do the following five things:
- Hide your IP address, while keeping you anonymous while streaming via Kodi.
- Keep you safe from legal troubles.
- Fight against ISP-imposed throttling.
- Unblock all kinds of geo-restricted Kodi addons in your country.
- Bypass sports-related blackouts.
For more details, please read this guide.
After testing over sixty VPNs hands-on, we conclude that ExpressVPN is the #1-rated VPN for Kodi. If you are interested, please read our ExpressVPN review. Also, if you decide to subscribe, grab this limited time deal – save 49% + get 3 extra months FREE.
9 Steps to Install BBC iPlayer Addon on Kodi
Finally, let’s talk about what you want to know. Here’s how to install the BBC iPlayer on Kodi, the simple way.
- Open Kodi
- And click on ‘Add-ons’ in the main menu (on the left side of the screen).
- Then, click on ‘Download’ via the left-placed menu.
- You will now see a list of different categories. You need to open a folder named ‘Video add-ons’.
- Scroll down and then click on ‘iPlayer WWW’;
- To finalize the installation, hit the ‘Install’ button.
- You’ll be asked to install the required dependencies (especially if you’ve installed or updated Kodi recently). So, make sure to click on ‘OK’. The addon should be downloaded and installed on its own.
- After a few moments, Kodi will let you know that your new addon has been installed.
- Return to your Add-ons where the iPlayer WWW addon will be waiting for you. Enjoy!
In case you cannot find BBC iPlayer or if there are too many different options, we have an alternative installation method for you. This often happens once you install third-party repositories, which makes it hard to pinpoint individual addons. So, here’s an even quicker way to get to the iPlayer WWW addon.
- Launch Kodi and wait until it fully loads.
- Then, click on the Search icon in the top-left corner (underneath the application’s logo).
- Choose ‘Search Add-ons’ from the menu you’ll see on your screen and type in ‘iPlayer WWW’. Click on ‘OK’ to finalize the search.
- A list of search results will appear on the screen. Click on ‘iPlayer WWW’, which will open the addon’s overview.
- Then finalize the process, use the ‘Install’ button.
Dear readers, this is where we conclude our guide on installing the BBC iPlayer on Kodi in 2021. We did our best to explain everything you need to know. However, don’t hesitate to post a comment below if you’re facing any kind of issue. We’ll be glad to respond!