At the moment, your search for the best Bollywood Kodi addons will bring you a limited set of options. There aren't too many addons that offer that kind of content, especially if you want to use Kodi in a legal way. However, we're here to show you the best options you have in 2022.
As you're about to see, we've prepared three recommendations for you. So, not plenty - but still, you can combine those to get access to thousands of Bollywood movies - especially if you decide to invest in a subscription.
We'll also mention that you should be very careful about what you install on Kodi. Many other articles, especially those that rank high on Google, focus on addons that bring copyrighted content. Using those can get you in trouble (more about that later). So, make sure to stick to this guide, where we list Bollywood addons for Kodi that are legal and safe to use.
Kodi 19 ‘Matrix’ is the latest available major version of the application (Kodi 19.1, Kodi 19.2, Kodi 19.3, and Kodi 19.4 were also released). Still, if you haven’t updated Kodi yet, know that the latest version breaks compatibility with a large number of add-ons.
You’ll need to wait for third-party developers to make their add-ons compatible with Kodi 19, which could take a while. We’ve seen some progress when it comes to add-ons from Kodi’s official repository. However, the situation is still very problematic for add-ons that come from outside Kodi’s repository.
3 Reasons Why You Need a VPN for Bollywood Kodi Addons!
If you're looking to upgrade your experience of using Kodi, a VPN comes as a solution. Among the many benefits you'll get, you can count on the following:
- Easy Content Unblocking: As you're about to see, the best Bollywood addons for Kodi work in select countries only. That's actually the case with most Kodi addons, which means that your options will be quite limited. However, if you decide to use a VPN, bypassing Kodi's geo-blocks will be easy - giving you unlimited access to any Kodi addon out there.
- High-Speed Media Streaming: Many Internet providers around the world can detect streaming-related activities and selectively throttle their customers' Web connections. The trick here is to use a VPN to hide your data, making it impossible for your ISP to do any modifications to your connection. That translates to smooth and buffering-free media streaming via Kodi.
- Improved Privacy & Security: Since Kodi is often used for piracy, your use of the application might raise a red flag, prompting your ISP from tracking your data more closely. A VPN works by encrypting your Web data, making it impossible for your ISP to see what you do online. It can also prevent various digital trackers from working, helping you regain your anonymity.
With that said, pairing Kodi with a VPN lets you access more entertainment, as well as use pretty much any addon out there. To learn more, here are the best VPNs for Kodi. You'll also want to learn how to install a Kodi VPN.
After testing dozens of VPN services with Kodi, our team recommends subscribing to ExpressVPN, which comes as the most capable VPN available now. If you subscribe today, you can save up to 49% and you'll get 3 FREE MONTHS added to your subscription!
The Best Bollywood Kodi Addons in 2022
You're only minutes away from accessing a vault of Indian cinematography. Based on our hands-on testing, the following are the best Kodi Bollywood addons you'll find now.
|Compatible With||Up to Kodi 18.9 (doesn't work on Kodi 19).|
|Applicable Geo-Restrictions||Could be blocked in some countries. Make sure to use ExpressVPN to unblock this addon.|
|Types of Content Available||Over 4,000 titles from different regions of India.|
|Get the ZIP File||Download from GitHub (Ram2141 repository).|
|Read More||How to install Einthusan on Kodi|
Keep in mind that Einthusan isn't yet available for Kodi 19 or later. That means you can install it on Kodi 18 and older. We'll make sure to update this guide if and when a new version of Einthusan becomes available.
We simply have to mention Einthusan first - as this addon has one of the best libraries of Indian movies out there. More importantly, this streaming service has been around for a long time, and that gives us hope that we'll get to use this Kodi addon for a long time to come.
Upon opening Einthusan, you will be greeted by a list of different languages. Some of the available ones are Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Punjabi, and others. No matter which language you pick, you will see different sorting options.
You'll get to browse recently released movies, currently popular titles, or search for a specific movie. As per our hands-on tests, there are no dead links, everything works flawlessly, and many movies come in HD.
2. Netflix (Compatible with Kodi 19)
We highly recommend using a VPN for Netflix if you're after Bollywood movies. That's how you can connect to a VPN server in India - which will force Netflix to show you hundreds of movies available in that country only.
Netflix might not be the best pick for older and classic Bollywood movies. However, we're sure that many of you are into newer movies coming from India. With that said, this media streaming service has positioned itself as an indispensable source of great content.
Therefore, we highly recommend using the Netflix Kodi addon, which comes from GitHub. That means we're not talking about an official addon made by Netflix's team. However, we do have the next best thing here - and equally useful as well.
Using this addon, you can log in to your Netflix account, browse the latest titles, check Netflix's entire library, and make sure you're on top of the latest content. The addon works great and without any issues whatsoever.
3. YouTube (Compatible with Kodi 19)
|Compatible With||Up to Kodi 19 (older versions supported as well)|
|Applicable Geo-Restrictions||Available worldwide.|
|Types of Content Available||A selection of free Bollywood movies.|
|Read More||How to install YouTube on Kodi|
You might be surprised that we have decided to recommend YouTube as one of the best Bollywood Kodi addons. However, you should know that YouTube has an extensive library of free movies, which is why this addon is mentioned in this article.
As you might expect, YouTube won't get the latest commercial films. However, older Bollywood titles can be found often, as well as some independent movies. If that's your thing, you should definitely add YouTube to your Kodi.
Lastly, if you're not in India, make sure to use a VPN to get an Indian IP address. That's how you'll get access to hundreds of full-length movies, with new titles arriving daily. If you need more information, here are the best VPNs for YouTube.
What to Expect from Bollywood Kodi Addons?
When it comes to Bollywood Kodi addons, you can expect to find a huge list of movies that originate from India, in Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, and Malayalam, among other languages.
You can also expect to find both free (Einthusan and YouTube) as well as paid content libraries (Netflix) of Indian movies. So, no matter if you like to watch the action, adventure, romance, comedy, or horror movies - you'll find them all via our recommendations.
How to Find & Install Bollywood Addons on Kodi?
The majority of the addons recommended in this article come from GitHub. So, let's first go over the steps you need to take to install those on Kodi.
- First, open the GitHub page of the addon you want to install (Einthusan, Netflix or YouTube).
- Check the addon's GitHub description, from where you download a ZIP file.
- Launch Kodi and click on 'Add-ons.'
- Select the open box icon and pick 'Install from ZIP file.'
- Navigate to the recently downloaded ZIP and click to install its respective repository.
- Pick 'Install from Repository.'
- Navigate to the newly installed repository and click on 'Video Add-ons.'
- Select the addon's name to open its overview. Finally, use the 'Install' button.
- Return to the 'Add-ons' section of Kodi and launch the newly installed addon.
You should know that there are multiple ways to install Kodi addons from GitHub. So, use the provided link to get to additional installation methods, with helpful screenshots. You'll also want to check how to install addons for Kodi from ZIP files.
Bollywood Kodi Addons Not Working? Here's How to Fix Common Issues!
In general, installing Kodi addons shouldn't be a problem. However, errors might still appear, especially when installing addons from GitHub. With that said, here are several possible solutions that you'll want to try.
- If you see the "Something went wrong" error message, we recommend getting rid of Kodi's cache files. Even though those files are harmless, they can cause installation issues with addons. Use the provided link to get to our step-by-step guide.
- Then, we also recommend updating your Kodi. However, don't forget that Kodi v19 still doesn't work with the majority of addons, so you'll want to stick to Kodi 18.9 instead.
- Also, there's the infamous "Failed to install a dependency" error message, which indicates that an essential dependency can't be installed, blocking any further installation steps. There are several solutions here, so here's how to resolve Kodi dependency-related issues.
In case you want additional tips on troubleshooting Kodi, use the provided link. You'll be taken to our central guide, diving into several technical and performance issues with the application.
Which Bollywood Addons for Kodi No Longer Work or Have Shut Down?
In the past, we used to have access to a number of Bollywood Kodi addons. However, as you can see just below, many of the previously popular addons are no longer available.
- ZemTV ('ZemTV' repository)
- ErosNOW ('YoColdRain' repository)
- SwaDesi ("NoobsandNerds' repository)
- SnagFilms (Kodi's official repository)
- Bollywood Movies ('Aliunde' repository)
- Atlas Movies ('PinoyAbroad' repository)
Which Illegal Bollywood Kodi Addons Should You Avoid?
We strongly recommend avoiding Bollywood addons for Kodi such as Swa-desi, Deccan Delight, India4Movie, and TV on DESI ZONE - because they're illegal to use.
All of those addons specialize in bringing Indian movies to Kodi, free of charge. That's what makes them so enticing, but remember that using any of those Kodi addons leads to copyright infringement. And yes, copyright infringement is against the law in most countries.
The same applies to all-in-one Kodi addons such as Exodus Redux, Swift, cCloud TV, The Crew, and Incursion, among others. All of those are unofficial addons, which aren't safe to use.
That would be all we've prepared for you. We hope you've found our list of the best Kodi addons for Bollywood movies to be helpful. Lastly, make sure to check our latest Kodi articles for more tips and tricks. Thanks for reading!