Even though Kodi started out at an application for the original Xbox, it quickly expanded to new platforms leaving Xbox behind. However, thanks to Kodi 18 Leia, this is now a fully-featured 64-bit application. And that means that Kodi is now once again available for Xbox, as a standalone native application. This also means that we can teach you how to install Kodi on Xbox, instead of you having to rely on screen mirroring.
Microsoft has done a good job of centralizing their App Store. And since Kodi is available on the Microsoft App Store, there are two methods to download and install this application. Both of those work on the Xbox One S and Xbox One X.
Warning: Why you must NOT USE Kodi without VPN?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is a scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
Therefore, we are going to talk about two methods of installing Kodi 18 on Xbox, and here are the jump links to easily find what you’re looking for:
- Method 1: Install Kodi on Xbox via Microsoft App Store
- Method 2: Install Kodi on Xbox via Xbox App Store
Here’s how to install Kodi on Xbox by using Microsoft App Store. This method is used on your Windows 10 PC, from where you can remotely install Kodi.
- Open Microsoft Store on your PC. This can be done by launching the Start Menu and typing in ‘Store‘. Hit Enter to open it;
- In the top-right corner, you’ll see a search bar. Use it to search for ‘Kodi’. Once again, hit the Enter button on your keyboard;
- On the left side of the screen, you’ll see Kodi’s icon. Click to open it;
- Finally, use the button that says ‘Install on Xbox One‘. Microsoft will try to connect to your gaming console and install the application on its own;
- After a few moments, you should see Kodi being downloaded or queued for downloading on your Xbox. Be patient, and wait a few moments until this process is done;
- Upon receiving a notification that Kodi is ready for launch (on your Xbox), go ahead and open it.
And now, here’s how to install Kodi on Xbox by using your gaming console and its Xbox Store App.
- Power ON your Xbox and wait until you see your Home Screen;
- Next, go to the ‘Store‘ item using the top-placed main menu;
- Now, click on ‘Search‘ and type in ‘Kodi‘;
- Navigate to Kodi’s icon on the list of search results and open it;
- Finally, select ‘Install‘;
- Kodi will now download and install in the background. Shortly after, you will see a notification. Go ahead, and try out the application.
As you can see, you can install Kodi on Xbox in 2019 in a matter of seconds. We hope you’ve managed to go through the entire process and that you’re enjoying the application as we speak.
Once you install Kodi, we’re sure you’ll want to know what to do next. With this said, we’re here to recommend our expertly written guides.
- Enable Unknown Sources on Kodi
- Get the Best Kodi Addons
- Get the Best Kodi Builds
- Get the Best Kodi Skins
- Change Skins on Kodi
- Create a Library in Kodi
- Import Videos to Kodi
- Add Music to Kodi
- Add Photos to Kodi
- Set Up Kodi Profiles
- Add Subtitles to Kodi