One of the best things about Nvidia Shield TV is that it’s powered by Android TV. This gives you plenty of options when it comes to available apps – and you guessed it, Kodi is one of them. We’re sure you can’t wait to get your hands on this application, so let’s talk about how to install Kodi on Nvidia Shield TV.
Lucky for you, there’s only one method of installing Kodi on Nvidia Shield TV, and that is by using Google’s Play Store. We will be talking about installing Kodi 18 Leia, which brings plenty of improvements specifically for Android TV. And also, this method applies to all Nvidia Shield TV variants. So, let’s jump right in.
Warning: Why you must NOT USE Kodi without VPN?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is a scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
Here’s how to install Kodi on Nvidia Shield TV by using the Play Store in 2019.
- Power your device ON and you’ll be greeted by the Home Screen. The current version of Android TV displays rows of applications and icons. Find the Google Play Store;
- Once you launch the Play Store, you’ll need to use its search feature. Navigate to the top of the screen and type in ‘Kodi’. Since the Shield remote comes with a microphone, you can also use the voice search option. Say ‘Kodi’ and you’re ready to go;
- Next, you will see the search results. Kodi should be the first thing you see. Make sure that the shown application is made by the XBMC Foundation. Open it;
- To finalize the procedure, click on ‘Install’. Kodi will be downloaded and installed on your device. All you need to do is to wait;
- Once Kodi is installed, you can open it from the Play Store or return to the Shield TV’s Home Screen.
Once you install Kodi on your Nvidia Shield TV, you’ll want to add your content, install addons, and plenty more. So, we’ve prepared hands-on guides that you’ll surely find to be useful. Take a look.
- How to Enable Unknown Sources on Kodi
- Get the Best Kodi Addons
- Get the Best Kodi Builds
- Get the Best Kodi Skins
- How to Change Skins on Kodi
- How to Create a Library in Kodi
- How to Import Videos to Kodi
- How to Add Music to Kodi
- How to Add Photos to Kodi
- How to Set Up Kodi Profiles
- How to Add Subtitles to Kodi
We strongly believe there isn’t a better application for storing collections of media than Kodi. As such, it is an amazing addition to every Shield TV that allows you to tune it to a world of movies and TV shows. If you have anything to add, make sure to let us know by using the comments section found below.