Paramount+ has done a great job of offering apps across many platforms. As you can already guess, Android is among those – from day one. In fact, you’re only moments away from accessing a vault of unique content, so here's how to get Paramount Plus on Android!
Which Android Devices Work With Paramount Plus?
Paramount Plus is available on phones and tablets that use Android 5.0 or newer. As you can see, we're talking about a massive range of Android-powered devices that should run Paramount+ without any problems (Android 5.0 'Lollipop' was released in 2014).
How to Get Paramount Plus on Android
Getting started with Paramount+ will take only a few moments of your time. With that said, use these steps to get started with Paramount Plus on your Android device:
- First, make sure to get your Paramount Plus subscription (7 days free).
- Then, finish the rest of this procedure by using your Android device.
- Go ahead and open the 'Play Store' app. Then, tap on the top-placed search bar.
- Look up 'Paramount Plus' and tap on the app’s icon to open its overview.
- Then, tap on 'Install' to download and install the app.
- Open the Paramount+ app and log in using your credentials. That’s it!
Can You Use Chromecast to Cast Paramount+ on Android?
Yes, you can use Chromecast to cast Paramount Plus from your phone or tablet to your large-screen TV. The app comes with this functionality built-in, letting you screen-cast any movie or TV show it currently offers.
For a detailed guide and plenty of other helpful information, turn to our article on how to enable Chromecast via the Paramount+ app.
Can You Download Paramount Plus' APK File for Android?
To sideload Paramount+, you need to get its APK file to your Android device. So, use APKMirror or APKPure to download the file directly to your phone or tablet. Or, you can send the file via Bluetooth or email. Lastly, open the file and install the app manually.
Keep in mind that if you sideload Paramount+, you'll need to update it manually. So, check from time to time if an update is available. Reinstall the app, which is how you'll update it.
Is There a Paramount+ App for Android TV?
Yes, Paramount Plus offers an app for large-screen TVs and media streaming devices. We offer a dedicated guide on how to get Paramount Plus on Android TV, so make sure to take a look.
Is There a Way to Get Paramount+ for Free on Android?
Yes, you can get Paramount Plus' free trial - giving you up to 7 days to test-drive the streaming service. You'll encounter no limitations and have access to its entire library.
However, you'll need to provide your payment information when signing up. Unless you cancel your subscription before your trial ends, Paramount Plus will charge you based on your chosen subscription plan.
Paramount Plus Not Working on Your Android? - Try These Troubleshooting Steps!
If you're having a hard time with Paramount Plus on your Android, try quitting the app, updating your device, and restarting your router. You'll want to do the following:
- Force-Quit the Paramount+ App: The purpose of force-quitting Paramount Plus is to force it to reload its cache data. So, go to your Android device's 'App Switcher,' and then swipe up to quit the app. Then, open it once again and try streaming.
- Update Your Device: It's crucial to keep your Android device up-to-date at all times since that is how you'll resolve bugs and other technical issues. In general, updating your device is done using the Settings app. You can find more information here.
- Restart Your Phone & Router: If you're experiencing streaming (buffering) issues with Paramount Plus, we recommend restarting your device, as well as your router. When restarting your router, keep it unplugged for about 30 seconds. Reconnect and try streaming again.
Our guide to troubleshooting Paramount Plus will help you find additional solutions. So, make sure to use the link we've provided.
What Other Devices Are Compatible With Paramount+?
This media streaming service is compatible with smartphones, tablets, computers, media streaming devices, and plenty more. You can find the complete list just below.
- Smartphones & Tablets: iPhone & iPad.
- Smart TVs: Samsung TVs, LG TVs, Vizio TVs, and other smart TVs.
- Media Streaming Devices: Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Fire TV.
- Game Consoles: PlayStation, Xbox.
- Other Devices: Xfinity.
Use the links we’ve provided above to learn how to install Paramount Plus on all your devices (you’ll find tips and tricks included as well).
Can I Watch Paramount Plus on Android?
Yes, you can watch Paramount+ on your phone or tablet - if it's powered by Android 5.0 Lollipop or newer. So, make sure to keep your device updated.
Why Can't I Watch Paramount Plus on My Phone?
If you can't access or stream Paramount Plus on your Android phone, make sure your account is associated with a country where Paramount+ works.
We're talking about your Google Account here. Based on the address/country associated with your Google Account, you'll have access to apps in the Play Store available in that country only.
Alternatively, you can sideload Paramount Plus on Android (if you can't find it on the Play Store). We recommend downloading its APK file for APKMirror. Transfer that file to your Android device (via email, for example) and install the app manually.
This is where we end our guide on how to get Paramount Plus on Android. If there’s anything else you’d like to know, feel free to post a comment below. Finally, thank you for reading!