Paramount Plus is preparing to launch, and we already know that Chromecast is going to be supported. So, let's see how we can enable Chromecast to watch our favorite Paramount Plus shows.
Chromecast is a cool device that allows you to watch various content from your mobile devices on your non-smart TV. Or on TVs that don't come with support for the Paramount Plus app. Either way, it's a cool way to enjoy the content.
As far as watching Paramount Plus shows via Chromecast, we'll need to address the issue based on the device you're watching the content on.
Set up Chromecast from your iOS device
- First, you have to download the Paramount Plus app on your phone or tablet running on iOS.
- Make sure your phone/tablet is connected to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast device.
- Open the Paramount Plus app on your phone or tablet and tap the "Cast" icon. Play a video of your choice.
- If you're already playing a video, you can tap the "Cast" icon, which appears when Chromecast is visible to the device.
Set up Chromecast from you Android device
- Make sure that you have the latest Paramount Plus app on your device, or download it.
- Ensure your phone or tablet is connected to the same WiFi network as the Chromecast is.
- Launch Paramount Plus on your phone or tablet and tap the "Cast" icon. Pick a video to play. The cast button also appears when you're playing videos on your device, so you can tap it directly.
Cast from a desktop or laptop computer to Chromecast:
- The Chromecast functionality comes built into Chrome. Make sure the "Cast" button is pinned to your toolbar to make things easier.
- Tap the Chrome Tools menu (three vertical dots) and go to "Cast" from the dropdown menu. In this way, you'll pin the "Cast" icon to the toolbar.
- Go to Paramount Plus and play whatever content you want to watch.
- Tap the "Cast" icon in your toolbar and pick the Chromecast device you want to cast to.
There you go! Now you know exactly how you can cast content from Paramount Plus to Chromecast from any of your devices.