Paramount+ is widely available on Amazon’s Fire OS-powered devices, bringing movies, sports content, original programming, and more. Many of you probably wonder how to get Paramount Plus on Firestick and Fire TV devices, and we’re here to answer all your questions. So, here’s everything that you need to know.
What Fire TV Devices Work With Paramount Plus?
Paramount+ works on any Fire OS device that lets you access Amazon’s App Store. That means any Fire OS media streaming device made in the last couple of years should work fine.
How to Get Paramount Plus on a Firestick
It doesn't come as a surprise to know that Paramount+ offers a native Fire OS app. Therefore, you're only minutes away from accessing this streaming service. Here’s how that is done:
- First and foremost, sign up for Paramount Plus (7-day trial).
- Now, turn to your Firestick or Fire TV device for the rest of this procedure.
- Using your streaming device's remote, navigate to your device’s home screen.
- Go to 'Find' at the top of your Fire TV’s interface (in the main navigation bar).
- Use the on-screen virtual keyboard to search for 'Paramount Plus.'
- Click on the app's icon, and you will see its overview. Then, click on 'Get.'
- Once the app downloads on your Firestick or Fire TV, go ahead and open it.
- Log in following the on-screen instructions and access Paramount+. That’s it!
You can also install Paramount+ remotely from Amazon's website. Use the provided link to get to the Paramount+ app on Amazon, log in to your account, and get the app. It will then install remotely on any Fire TV devices associated with your Amazon account.
Has Paramount+ Replaced 'CBS All Access?' Should You Do Anything to Transition?
Yes, Paramount Plus has replaced CBS All Access – which is no longer available. That means the CBS All Access app no longer works on Fire OS devices. All of its content has transitioned to Paramount Plus, which offers a wide selection of new content as well.
You should also know that if you’ve been a subscriber to CBS All Access, your account has been automatically transferred to Paramount Plus. Therefore, feel free to use your old credentials when logging into Paramount Plus.
Can I Stream Paramount Plus in 4K & HDR on a Fire TV Stick?
Yes, Paramount Plus brings a selection of 4K and HDR content. In terms of Fire OS devices, you need a device that can stream video in up to 4K, such as the Fire TV Stick 4K, for example.
Also, keep in mind that 4K content is available only via Paramount Plus' Premium plan, priced at $9.99 per month. That plan also eliminates advertisements and gives you the ability to download content for offline viewing.
Is There a Way to Get Paramount+ for Free on a Firestick?
Yes, there is a way to get Paramount+ for free on your Firestick. However, we're talking about Paramount Plus' trial here, which lasts for 7 days. During your trial, you'll get full access to the streaming network without any limitations whatsoever.
Also, know that your payment details are needed when subscribing to Paramount Plus. Still, you won't be charged before your 7-day trial ends. And if you cancel on time (if you wish to do so, of course), you won't be charged.
Paramount Plus Not Working on Your Firestick? - Try This!
If Paramount Plus doesn't work on your Firestick, you can clear the app's cache, reinstall the app, or restart your equipment. Here's what exactly you can try:
- Clear App Data & Cache: On your Firestick, navigate to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Paramount Plus. Then, select 'Clear Cache' followed by 'Clear Data,' which should return Paramount Plus to its "factory settings."
- Reinstall the Paramount+ App: Sometimes, reinstalling a Fire OS app can resolve its technical issues - and Paramount Plus isn't an exception. With that said, we recommend removing the app from your Firestick. Then, restart your media streaming device to clear its cache. Once it boots back up, you can install the Paramount+ app again.
- Restart Your Equipment: Lastly, keep in mind that restarting your devices can resolve a range of local problems with your network. With that said, we recommend restarting both your Firestick and router. However, make sure to unplug them. Keep them unplugged for about 30 seconds, and then plug them back in.
Willing to try other solutions? You'll find them in our central guide to troubleshooting Paramount Plus.
What Other Devices Does Paramount Plus Support?
Paramount Plus has already reached a wide range of devices and platforms. With that said, check below for the complete list of supported devices.
- Smartphones & Tablets: Android, iPhones & iPads.
- Media Streaming Devices: Apple TV, Roku, TiVo, Android TV.
- Smart TVs: Vizio TVs, LG TVs, Samsung TVs, and other smart TVs.
- Consoles: Xbox, PlayStation.
- Other Devices: Xfinity, Chromecast.
You can use the links we've included above to read about installing Paramount Plus on all its supported devices. You'll also find helpful tips, so make sure to check those articles as well.
How Do I Activate Paramount Plus on a Firestick?
Once you see your activation code, go to paramountplus.com/activate/firetv/ on your computer or smartphone - and paste your code there.
Doing so will activate Paramount Plus on your Firestick. However, you might be asked to provide your credentials before Paramount Plus reloads on your Firestick and gives you access to its content library.
Why Won't Paramount Plus Work on a Firestick?
If Paramount Plus doesn't work on your Firestick, we recommend clearing the app's cache, which should resolve all kinds of technical problems.
To clear Paramount Plus' cache, you need to navigate to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications. Select 'Paramount Plus' and clear its cache.
You can also try other options, as explained in this guide (scroll up to find them).
What Channel Is Paramount+ on a Firestick?
Paramount Plus is not a channel on your Firestick. Instead, it's a standalone app that you need to download from Amazon's App Store.
Keep in mind that to access Paramount Plus, you need to subscribe first. Therefore, you will be billed by Paramount Plus per month or year, based on your chosen plan.
How Much Is Paramount Plus on a Firestick?
Paramount Plus brings the same price regardless of the device you use. With that said, you can access Paramount Plus on your Firestick for as low as $4.99 per month.
If you wish to get rid of ads and access 4K content, you will need a 'Premium' plan, whose price is $9.99 per month (or $99.99 per year).
How to Cancel Paramount Plus on a Firestick?
You can cancel Paramount Plus on your Firestick using your account's settings, where you can manage individual subscriptions - if you purchased Paramount+ via Amazon.
If you purchased Paramount Plus via its website, you can cancel your subscription using the same method (by logging in to Paramount Plus' website and navigating to Account > Subscription & Billing).
For more detailed information, here's our guide on how to cancel Paramount Plus on a Firestick (covering all of the possible scenarios).
That would be all on how to get Paramount Plus on a Firestick or Fire TV. If you have any questions for us, don’t hesitate to post a comment below. Lastly, thanks for reading!