Your Roku media streaming device has received a worthy addition to its content. We’re talking about Paramount+, an all-new streaming service featuring movies, TV shows, documentaries, sports content, and Paramount+ originals. So, let’s teach you how to get Paramount Plus on Roku and unlock this treasure trove of content.
Which Roku Devices Are Compatible With Paramount Plus & Which Are Not?
A wide range of Roku-powered media streaming devices and smart TVs are compatible with Paramount Plus. The newly launched streaming service is already available on the following Roku devices:
- Roku 2,* 3 and 4
- Roku Ultra and Ultra LT
- Roku LT*
- Roku HD*
- Roku Streaming Stick (3500x, 3600X or later)
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Premiere and Premiere+
- Roku Express and Express+
- Roku TV
- 4k Roku TV
Also, keep in mind that a small range of Roku devices are considered obsolete by this company, and they no longer support newly released channels. With that said, the following Roku devices are not compatible with Paramount Plus:
- Roku LT (2400X, 2450X)
- Roku HD (2500X)
- Roku 2 HD (3000X)
- Roku 2 XD (3050X)
- Roku 2 XS (3100X)
- Roku Streaming Stick (3400X and 3420X)
Is There a Way to Get Paramount+ for Free on Roku?
Yes, there is a way to get Paramount+ for free. That applies to new subscribers only who sign up to Paramount Plus before March 31, 2021. Those who do so will get a month-long trial without any restrictions and completely free of charge.
Keep in mind that you’ll need to supply your payment information when signing up for this streaming service. Therefore, you will be charged after your one-month trial. To avoid getting charged, don’t forget to cancel your subscription on time.
How to Get Paramount Plus on Roku (9 Steps)
You’ll be happy to know that Paramount+ comes as a standalone Roku channel, making the installation quite simple. Here’s what you need to do.
- First, go ahead and sign up for Paramount Plus (1 month free).
- Now, turn to your Roku media streaming device.
- Using Roku’s remote, navigate to your device’s Home Screen.
- Select ‘Streaming Channels‘ on the left-hand side.
- Once you select ‘Search Channels,’ use the virtual keyboard to type in ‘Paramount Plus.’
- Select Paramount+ among the search results to open the channel’s overview.
- Now, use the ‘Add Channel‘ button (at the top) to install Paramount Plus.
- Once done, go ahead and open the newly installed Roku channel.
- Use your Paramount+ credentials to sign in and access the channel. That’s it!
If you use Roku’s mobile app, there’s an even faster way to add Paramount Plus to your Roku streamer. Just click on the ‘Channels’ tab, followed by ‘Channel Store.’ Navigate to the ‘Movies & TV’ category, and add Paramount+ from there (by clicking on ‘Add Channel’).
What Other Devices Does Paramount Plus Support?
Aside from watching Paramount Plus on your Roku device, you can do the same on a wide range of other devices and digital platforms. Check out below for more information.
- Smartphones & Tablets: Android, iPhones & iPads.
- Media Streaming Devices: Apple TV, Fire TV, TiVo, Android TV.
- Smart TVs: Vizio TVs, LG TVs, Samsung TVs.
- Consoles: Xbox, PlayStation.
- Other Devices: Xfinity, Chromecast.
Don’t forget to use the links we’ve included above, taking you to our freshly published guides on installing Paramount Plus on a wide selection of devices.
Is Paramount Plus Available on Roku TVs?
Yes, Paramount Plus is available on Roku TVs as well. To install and then watch Paramount+, visit your Roku TV’s ‘Channel Store,’ as explained in this article. There are very few differences between Roku standalone devices and Roku TVs in terms of their interface.
Can I Stream Paramount+ in 4K on Roku?
Yes, Paramount+ brings 4K and Dolby Vision HDR content. However, only around fifty titles are currently available in 4K, so not much than what ‘CBS All Access’ used to offer. Still, we are sure that Paramount’s library of 4K titles will continue to expand as new content types arrive on this streaming platform.
If I Used to Have CBS All Access, Will I Get Paramount+ Automatically?
If you have a ‘CBS All Access’ account, you will transition to Paramount+ without having to do anything. Also, the ‘CBS All Access’ channel is no longer available on Roku and has already been replaced by the Paramount+ standalone channel.
That would be all on how to get Paramount Plus on Roku. Easy, right? Let us know what you think about this streaming service via the comments section below. And, happy streaming!