Apple TV's hardware might not have been updated in quite a while, but that doesn't apply to its software. Newly released media streaming services are typically available on tvOS from day one, and that won’t change with Paramount Plus. We’re sure you can’t wait to get your hands on this streaming service, so let’s talk about how to get Paramount Plus on an Apple TV.
What Apple TV Models Are Compatible With Paramount Plus?
As per the official technical documentation supplied by Paramount Plus, this media streaming app is available on the following Apple TV devices:
- Apple TV (4th generation)
- Apple TV 4K
In terms of the supported models, you can use Paramount Plus on the following devices:
- A1625 (Apple TV 4th gen.)
- A1842 (Apple TV 5th gen., 4K)
You can check your Apple TV’s model number on the bottom of the device itself (or via the Settings app). And of course, you can always check the tvOS app store and see whether Paramount Plus is available as an app for your Apple TV.
Is There a Way to Watch Paramount Plus for Free on Apple TV?
Yes, it's possible to watch Paramount Plus for free - for one whole month. This media streaming service offers extended trials right now, available for new subscribers who sign-up before March 31, 2021. However, we also expect Paramount Plus to continue offering free trials in the future, which will most likely be limited to seven days.
Keep in mind that Paramount Plus' one-month trial is truly free, as you won't be charged anything. However, you will need to supply your payment information, which means that you'll be automatically charged once the trial ends (if you don't cancel your account on time).
How to Get Paramount Plus on Apple TV (8 Steps)
You will be happy to know that Paramount Plus comes as a native tvOS app, taking full advantage of your Apple TV. So, here’s how to get started with this app.
- First, make sure to sign up for Paramount Plus (1 month free).
- Now, return to your Apple TV for the rest of this process.
- From your Apple TV’s home screen, navigate to the tvOS 'App Store.'
- Then, highlight the search tab (in the top-right corner of your screen).
- Using the on-screen virtual keyboard, type in 'Paramount Plus.'
- Open the app’s overview, and then select 'Get.'
- Once the app downloads, go ahead and open it.
- Finally, log in following the on-screen prompts and access the app. That’s it!
What Other Devices Does Paramount Plus Support?
This newly launched media streaming service is already available on plenty of devices and platforms. For a more detailed look, check out the full list below.
- Smartphones & Tablets: Android, iPhones & iPads.
- Media Streaming Devices: Fire TV, Roku, TiVo, Android TV.
- Smart TVs: Vizio TVs, LG TVs, Samsung TVs.
- Consoles: Xbox, PlayStation.
- Other Devices: Xfinity, Chromecast.
Feel free to use the links we've provided just above, and you'll get to our guides on getting started with Paramount Plus on individual devices.
Will I Get to Stream Paramount+ in 4K & HDR on Apple TV?
Yes, Paramount Plus comes with a (small) range of 4K and HDR titles. That applies to both movies and TV shows. At the moment, around fifty titles are available in 4K, which seems like a good start point with plenty of room for improvement in the future.
Of course, to access Paramount Plus’ 4K content, you need the Apple TV 4K model along with a TV that supports video resolutions of up to 4K. If you have the right equipment, Paramount Plus should meet your needs in your search for crystal-clear video content.
Can I Get Paramount+ as an Apple TV Channel?
Yes, Paramount+ is available as an Apple TV channel. That means that as soon as you open the 'TV' app (on your Apple TV or any other Apple-made device), you will see Paramount+ among the offered channels. Therefore, you can subscribe to this media streaming service from there as well.
That would be all on how to watch Paramount Plus on your Apple TV. If you have questions for us, know that you can always post a comment below. And finally, thank you for reading!