Paramount Plus is less than a month away from launching, and we can't wait to see what cool new content they'll be bringing over! Let's see what Paramount Plus originals to expect!
As you know, CBS All Access is turning into Paramount Plus in March 2021. The new service will be taking over all the content that's already on CBS All Access, including original shows like Star Trek: Discovery. Furthermore, they're adding titles from BET, Nickelodeon, MTV, Smithsonian Channel, and Comedy Central, as well as hundreds of Paramount Pictures movies.
When it comes to original content, Paramount Plus is preparing a ton of new stuff.
- Criminal Minds - The legendary team is back to solve a single case over ten episodes. Basically, a new season, but they're not calling it that.
- Flashdance - We're following a young woman trying to make her way into the ballet world as she learns more about life in general.
- Halo - Inspired by the Xbox franchise, the Halo epis universe gets turned into a new drama series for Paramount+.
- Land Man - This is a modern-day story following those trying to make a fortune with oil rigs.
- Love Story - Based on the same-named film, this new series will take us on a journey of love and loss.
- Mayor of Kingstown - We follow the McLusky family, who tries to bring order and justice to Kingstown, Michigan, a town where there is neither order nor justice, as they fight racism, corruption, and stark inequality.
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - This time, we're following Captain Christopher Pike and the U.S.S. Enterprise in the decade before Captain Kirk boarded the ship.
- The Italian Job - We're back chasing the Italian bullion as we follow Charlie Croker's grandchildren, the legendary thief you'll know from the 2003 movie.
- The Man Who Fell to Warth - Featuring Chiwetel Ejiofor, this adaptation of the same-named novel by Walter Tevis follows a new alien character arriving on Earth.
- The Offer - This series takes us behind the scenes of The Godfather, an experience like none other.
- The Parallax View - The series is based on an iconic film with the same name.
- Y:1883 - A story of the Western expansion, following the Dutton family as they journey through the Great Plains.
- Yellowstone Spinoff, 6666 (Working Title) - The series will follow the story of the 6666, a ranch steeped in the history of the West.
Kids and Family
When it comes to content for kids and family-appropriate, Paramount Plus will offer new content on beloved characters.
- Avatar - There's a whole new animation studio division at Nickelodeon that's creating content based on the world of Avatar. So, expect multiple spinoffs, shorts, and theatricals.
- Dora the Explorer - We're getting a live-action series based on this iconic character.
- iCarly - Miranda Cosgrove, Nathan Kress, and Jerry Trainor join new cast members and dive into their characters' present-day lives and adventures.
- Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years - This is the first spin=off of SpongeBob SquarePants, Kamp Koral, and we're eager to see how the iconic characters met for the very first time.
- Rugrats - The original voice cast returns to iconic babies back to life in a CG animated series.
- Star Trek: Prodigy - This is the first time we'll be seeing a Star Trek series for kids, combining the essence of the franchise with the sensible take on content.
- The Fairly OddParents - We're giving this animated hit a live-action spin, and we're eager to see how it's going to turn out.
- Big Brother Live Feeds - For those of you who still love watching Big Brother, this will be an exclusive pass, so the fans get a glimpse inside the Big Brother House.
- Dating Naked - They're bringing back this social experiment where folks try to find love by going naked on dates.
- Ink Master - The tattoo competition is getting back on track as the best tattoo artists fight for the Ink Master title.
- Love Island on Paramount+ - This will be an extension to the popular CBS reality series, taking subscribers beyond what they get on CBS.
- Queen of the Universe - We're kicking off a singing competition for drag queens from all over the world as they fight for the Queen of the Universe title.
- Road Rules - The Road Warriors are back as they have to board an RV and travel from location to location, following the clues as they try to win the money prize.
- RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars - We're getting the best of the best from RuPaul's Drag Race, competing for $100,000 and a spot in the Drag Race Hall of Fame.
- The Challenge: All Stars - All Stars from the Challenge from the original Real World and Road Rules are returning for a second chance to win $500,000.
- The Real World: Homecoming: New York - It's been almost three decades since The Real World began, and now we're reuniting with the cast from the very first season of the show. (Premieres on March 4th).
- Frasier - He's back, and just as you remember him. Kelsey Grammer returns as Dr. Frasier Crane.
- Grease: The Rise of the Pink Ladies - The series will be a prequel to the classic musical film, telling the story of the Pink Ladies, founded by Frenchy's older sister.
- Guilty Party - Kate Beckinsale stars in a dark comedy, playing a discredited journalist who bites off more than she can chew when she dives into the story of a young mother sentenced to jail for murdering her husband, something she claims she's innocent of.
- Inside Amy Schumer - We're getting not one, not two, but five specials starring Amy Schumer. So, if you love the comedian, here's your chance to laugh until you cry.
- Reno 911! The Hunt for QAnon - We're getting a big show based on the famous series. Frankly, we're super curious to see this one play out.
- The Game - The sitcom gets new life as new players join the original cast. We're taking a look into Black culture through the prism of pro football.
- The Harper House - We follow a woman trying to build herself back up after losing her job and moving from the rich side of town to the poor one.
- The Weekly Show with Trevor Noah (Working Title) - Trevor Noah will star and produce six episodes that will take a look at some of the biggest stories.
- Younger - We follow Liza Miller (played by Sutton Foster), a talented editor who faces trouble when her lies about her age resurface.
- Untitled Beavis & Butt-head Movie - The two friends return for another movie adventure.
- Workaholics Movie - Blake Anderson, Adam DeVine, Anders Holm, and Kyle Newacheck will have us in stitches.
- Behind the Music - Th music documentary series returns to our screens!
- From Cradle to Stage - A six-part series from Dave Grohl, inspired by his mother's book From Cradle to Stage: Stories from the Mothers Who Rocked and Raised Rock Stars.
- Unplugged - If you're old enough to recognize the name, you may very well get excited to see this iconic MTV show return with some of the world's biggest artists.
- Yo! MTV Raps - This hip-hop series is returning too, making a comeback on Paramount+ after its debut 33 years ago.
CBS All Access Originals Continuing as Paramount+ Originals
- No Activity - A police comedy starring Patrick Brammal and Tim Meadows
- Star Trek: Discovery - We follow the voyages of Starfleet as they try to find new worlds and life forms.
- Star Trek: Lower Decks - an animated comedy series focusing on the support crew on the U.S.S. Cerritos in 2380.
- Star Trek: Picard - Patrick Stewart reprises his iconic role of Jean-Luc Picard.
- Stephen Colbert Presents Tooning Out the News - This daily news satire series will put a twist on daily happenings.
- The Good Fight - We're diving back into the law firm world alongside one of the most prominent African-American firms in Chicago.
- Why Women Kill - This dark comedy anthology series takes a look into how women may have taken new roles over the decades, but their response to betrayal has stayed constant.
- 60 Minutes+ - We get a compelling new version of the newsmagazine program.
- 48 Hours original: The Lie Detector - A true crime docuseries in which we follow a Texas Ranger investigating some of the most high-profile cases in his area.
- 76 Days - We take a look at the first days of the COVID-19 outbreak in Wuhan, China.
- Black Gold - A true-life conspiracy thriller about the campaign to trade our planet for profit.
- For Heaven's Sake - Comedy and crime mixed together in a documentary about the search for Harold Heaven, a man who disappeared from his cabin in Ontario, Canada, in 1934.
- The Real Criminal Minds - The series was a massive success, but there's a real story behind the drama, a story that is told through this docuseries that features a former real FBI profiler.
- Watergate - We're taking a look at this historic moment that may or may not be happening again.
- Sir Alex Ferguson: Never Give In - We get to find out the story of the legendary manager of Manchester United.
- Stories from the Beautiful Game - This is an original soccer documentary series.
It is unclear exactly when all this content will land on Paramount Plus, since many of them are still works in progress, but we're sure excited to watch a bunch of them.