Paramount Plus is finally here – with apps available for numerous smart TV brands. We are sure you can’t wait to stream movies, TV shows, documentaries, sports, and more while taking full advantage of the new streaming app and your large-screen TV. With that said, let's talk about how to get Paramount Plus on your TV, covering brands such as Samsung, Sony, LG, and more.
What Smart TVs Are Compatible with Paramount Plus?
Paramount Plus has done a good job of offering native smart TV apps, letting you take full advantage of everything this streaming service offers. So, here's the full list of supported TVs along with their requirements.
- Samsung TVs (Tizen) - 2017 or newer.
- Sony 'Bravia' TVs (Android TV) - 2015 or newer.
- LG TVs (WebOS) - 2018 or newer.
- TCL TVs (Roku TV & Android TV) - select models, including TCL 3-Series TVs.
- Hisense TVs (Roku TV & Android TV) - select models only.
- Vizio TVs (Smartcast 3.0) - P-Series, M-Series, V-Series, E-Series, and D-Series.
Can You Get Paramount Plus for Free on a Smart TV?
Yes, there's a way to watch Paramount Plus free of charge - for up to one whole month. At the moment, this streaming service is offering extended trials for new subscribers. However, make sure to take advantage of this offer before March 31, 2021.
We expect to see Paramount Plus offer free trials in the future as well, but those will probably be limited in some way, perhaps giving you up to seven days of access for free. So, if you've been considering subscribing, now's the best time to do so.
How to Get Paramount Plus on a Samsung TV (Tizen-Powered Models)?
Paramount Plus is available on Tizen-powered Samsung TVs made in 2017 or later. To access the newly released app, do the following.
- Use any Web browser to sign up for Paramount Plus (1 month free) first.
- Then, visit your Samsung TV’s home screen (Smart Hub).
- Navigate to 'Apps' and use the built-in search functionality.
- Look up 'Paramount Plus' and select the app’s icon.
- Then, select 'Add to Home' to install the app.
- Launch it, and then log in following the on-screen prompts. That’s it!
In case you need additional information about this procedure, turn to our dedicated guide to getting started with Paramount+ on Samsung TVs.
How to Get Paramount Plus on a Sony TV (Android TV-Powered Models)?
Sony TVs primarily use Android TV as their platform of choice. So if you have a Sony 'Bravia' TV made in 2015 or later, here’s how to get Paramount+ on your TV.
- First, get your Paramount Plus subscription (1 month free).
- Then, turn to your TV and open the 'Play Store' app.
- Use its search functionality to look up 'Paramount Plus.'
- Select the app’s icon and open its overview. Then, select 'Get' or 'Install.'
- Once the app downloads, go ahead and open it. Finally, log in.
Some you might want a more detailed guide, and we're here to offer just that. Here's how to get Paramount Plus on Android TV (smart TVs and media streaming devices).
How to Get Paramount Plus on an LG TV (WebOS-Powered Models)?
Keep in mind that Paramount Plus requires WebOS 4.0 (which works on LG TVs made in 2018 and newer). These are the steps to install the Paramount+ on your LG smart TV.
- Make sure to sign up for Paramount Plus (1 month free).
- Then, navigate to your LG TV’s 'Home Screen.'
- Make sure to open the 'LG Content Store' app.
- Use the built-in search functionality to look up 'Paramount Plus.'
- Select the app to open its preview. Then, select 'Install.'
- Open the app (by selecting 'Launch') and log in. That’s it!
If you want a more in-depth look at this procedure (along with plenty of other helpful tips), here's how to get Paramount Plus on an LG TV.
How to Get Paramount Plus on TCL & Hisense TVs (Roku TV-Powered Models)?
Paramount Plus is available on an extensive range of Roku devices, and that includes Roku TV as well. With that said, here's how to install this app on TCL and Hisense TVs.
- Use any Web browser to sign up for Paramount Plus (1 month free).
- Now, navigate to your Roku TV’s home screen.
- Select 'Streaming Channels,' followed by 'Search Channels.'
- Type in 'Paramount Plus' using the virtual on-screen keyboard.
- Open the channel's overview and select 'Add Channel.'
- Once your install Paramount Plus, open this channel.
- Log in following the on-screen prompts. That’s it!
We also have a dedicated guide on getting Paramount Plus on Roku devices, so make sure to give it a read if you need more detailed information.
How to Get Paramount Plus on Vizio Smart TVs (SmartCast-Powered Models)?
You will be happy to know that Vizio TVs that run SmartCast 3.0 or newer have access to Paramount Plus. So, here’s how to get Paramount Plus on your smart TV.
- Don’t forget to subscribe to Paramount Plus (1 month free).
- Then, you must update your Vizio TV to the latest available software version.
- Once you update your TV, use the 'V' button to check the available apps.
- You should see 'Paramount Plus' among those apps. Open it.
- Log in following the on-screen prompts. That’s it!
How to Get Paramount Plus on Any TV – via Screen Casting (AirPlay & Chromecast)?
If you can’t install the Paramount Plus app on your TV directly, you can use AirPlay or Chromecast to screen-cast from your smartphone or tablet. Here’s how that is done.
- First, make sure you’ve subscribed to Paramount Plus (1 month free).
- Then, open the App Store (on iPhones) or Play Store (on Android phones).
- Look up 'Paramount Plus' and download the app to your device.
- Open the app, log in, and make sure that you have access to its content.
- Ensure that your TV supports either AirPlay or Chromecast.
- Also, make sure that your TV and your smartphone are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Start streaming any movie or TV show on your phone (using the Paramount+ app).
- Look for the 'Screen Cast' icon, typically found in the top-right corner.
- Select your TV, and you’ll cast Paramount Plus to your large-screen TV. That’s it!
Since AirPlay and Chromecast work across different devices (going beyond your smartphone and tablet), we’ve produced a guide that you’ll want to check out. Here’s how to enable Chromecast to watch Paramount+ shows.
Is There a Way to Watch Paramount Plus Without a Smart TV?
Yes, there’s still a way to get Paramount Plus on a TV – even if you don’t have a smart TV. That also applies to smart TVs that don’t have access to the app (like older smart TV models or models without an app store).
The solution to this problem is to purchase a dedicated media streaming device. You connect that device to your TVs, and you get access to thousands of streaming apps, and that includes Paramount Plus as well. Here are your best options right now.
- Android TV Media Streaming Devices: Since Paramount Plus is available on Android TVs, we recommend you consider NVIDIA’s Shield TV. It comes with 4K HDR streaming, Dolby Vision, Google Assistant, and works with Amazon's Alexa. Of course, it also lets you access Paramount+ and hundreds of other apps. If you need something more powerful, take a look at NVIDIA’s Shield TV Pro.
- Roku Media Streaming Devices: Here, we have a range of ultra-affordable media streamers with Paramount Plus access. If you have an HD TV, check out the Roku Express HD. And if you have a 4K TV, you’ll want to get the Roku Premiere streaming device. Those looking for the most powerful option available should pay attention to the Roku Ultra.
What Other Devices Does Paramount Plus Support?
Aside from accessing Paramount Plus via smart TVs, you can also use this app on a wide range of other devices as well. Check out the full list just below.
- Smartphones & Tablets: Android, iPhones & iPads.
- Media Streaming Devices: Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku, TiVo, Android TV.
- Consoles: Xbox, PlayStation.
- Other Devices: Xfinity, Chromecast.
With that said, we conclude our guide on how to get Paramount Plus on a TV. In case of any questions, don’t hesitate to post a comment below. And lastly – thanks for reading!