Most TiVo devices are built upon a closed platform, which limits their functionality. However, TiVo started opening up to third-party apps just recently - through Android TV, which powers its TiVo Stream 4K device. With that said, let’s take a close look at how to get Paramount Plus on TiVo, and we'll also make sure to answer your every question along the way.
Which TiVo Devices Work With Paramount Plus?
Officially, TiVo isn’t supported by Paramount Plus (which means that Paramount+ doesn't work on most TiVo devices). However, you should know that Paramount Plus offers an Android TV app, which is where the TiVo Stream 4K comes into play.
The TiVo Stream 4K is powered by Android TV, giving you access to thousands of apps, such as Netflix, Prime Video, Disney Plus, HBO Max - and, of course, Paramount Plus is there as well.
How to Get Paramount Plus on TiVo
If you’re a proud owner of TiVo's Stream 4K, here’s how to check whether Paramount Plus is available for your device. Go through the following steps.
- First, go ahead and subscribe to Paramount Plus (7-day trial).
- Turn to your TiVo Stream 4K for the rest of this procedure.
- From TiVo’s home screen, navigate to Apps > Get More Apps.
- Now, use the built-in search to look up 'Paramount Plus.'
- Select the app’s icon and open its overview. Then, select 'Get' or 'Install.'
- Once the app downloads, go ahead and open it.
- Finally, log in following the on-screen prompts. That’s it!
Can You Cast Paramount Plus via Chromecast on TiVo?
Yes, the TiVo Stream 4K supports Google's casting technology (known as 'Chromecast' or 'Cast'). That means you can use your computer, phone, or tablet to cast different types of media (audio and video) to your TiVo, which also works via the Paramount Plus app.
To learn how to enable Chromecast via the Paramount+ app, use the provided link.
Can You Watch Paramount Plus in 4K on TiVo?
Yes, you can watch Paramount Plus in 4K and HDR on TiVo. Currently, the selection of 4K titles is somewhat limited, but we expect to see that change as new content arrives on the platform.
We'll also remind you that 4K content is part of Paramount Plus' Premium plan, priced at $9.99 per month. That plan also comes free of ads and allows you to download content for offline viewing (available on select platforms).
Can You Get Paramount+ for Free on TiVo?
At the moment, you can take advantage of Paramount Plus' free trial to watch it for free. More precisely, you'll get a 7-day trial that imposes no limitations on the streaming service.
Keep in mind that Paramount Plus' trial is available for new subscribers only. Also, you'll need to provide your payment information while signing up. That means you'll be charged once your trial ends - if you don't cancel your subscription on time.
Paramount Plus Not Working on TiVo? - Try This!
If Paramount Plus doesn't work on your TiVo, we recommend reinstalling the app. You can also restart your equipment. Find more information just below.
- Reinstall the Paramount+ App: By uninstalling Paramount+ from your TiVo, you will clear its cache and related data, which can resolve technical issues. Once you uninstall the app, visit your TiVo's App Store (Play Store) and re-download Paramount Plus.
- Restart Your TiVo: Another way to clear your device's cache (which can get corrupted and cause performance-related issues) is to restart your TiVo. Our recommendation is to keep your TiVo unplugged for about 30 seconds. Then, feel free to plug it back in.
- Restart Your Router: Lastly, issues with your Web connection can be resolved by restarting your router. As previously recommended, keep your router unplugged for about 30 seconds. Then, plug it back in and wait a couple of minutes until it boots up.
If you'd like to check other solutions, here's our guide to troubleshooting Paramount Plus.
What Other Devices Are Compatible With Paramount+?
You’ll be happy to know that Paramount Plus has done a great job of creating apps for various platforms. As you can see below, we’re talking about smartphones, tablets, media streaming devices, smart TVs, and other types of devices.
- Smartphones & Tablets: iPhone & iPad, Android.
- Smart TVs: Samsung TVs, LG TVs, Vizio TVs, and other smart TVs.
- Media Streaming Devices: Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Fire TV.
- Game Consoles: PlayStation, Xbox.
- Other Devices: Xfinity.
To learn how to install Paramount Plus on individual devices, use the links provided above.
Does TiVo Have Paramount Plus?
Yes, TiVo has Paramount Plus - but on a single device only. To access that streaming app, you need TiVo' Stream 4K, powered by Android TV.
How to Cancel Paramount Plus on TiVo?
You can cancel Paramount Plus on your TiVo by visiting the Play Store, where you'll find your individual subscriptions listed. You can also unsubscribe via Paramount's website.
To learn more, here's how to cancel Paramount Plus on Android TV (which is the operating system that powers TiVo Stream 4K).
You can also check how to cancel Paramount+ via its website.
That would be all on how to get Paramount+ on TiVo. We’re here in case of any questions or doubts - so make sure to post your comment below. Finally, thanks for reading!