Your ExpressVPN activation code is a crucial piece of information that you receive as soon as you sign up for the VPN. More precisely, you'll need that string of numbers and letters to activate the VPN on any device. So, you'll want to know how to find and use your ExpressVPN activation code, which is what we'll show you in this guide.
We'll also help clear any doubts you might have. That means you'll find information on when and where you need to input your ExpressVPN activation code, as well as what to do when your code doesn't work or if it's expired.
Before going ahead, let me clear you that ExpressVPN's serial key can't be generated manually, but every account has a unique code when you sign up. Without further ado, let's jump right in!
How to Find Your ExpressVPN Activation Code
To find your ExpressVPN activation code, you need to access your ExpressVPN dashboard via the VPN's website. These are the steps you need to take:
1. If you don't have a subscription yet, subscribe to ExpressVPN using your computer and any Web browser.
2. Return to ExpressVPN's home page. Click "My Account" visible in the top-placed main menu. Provide your credentials and access your ExpressVPN account dashboard.
3. You'll see your ExpressVPN activation code on the right-hand side, in the "Set Up Your Devices Card." You can use the "Copy" button to copy your code. That's it!
When Do You Need to Use ExpressVPN Activation Code
You'll need to use your ExpressVPN activation key to activate the app on desktop systems, but also when you sign out, when you re-install the VPN, and when your code expires. Here's more information about each of those cases:
- When you install ExpressVPN on your device: This primarily applies to ExpressVPN’s apps for desktop systems, as this VPN only has a single way to let you log in (you can’t log in using your email and password, for example).
- When you sign out of ExpressVPN on any device: By default, this VPN app will keep you signed in, so you can launch and start using it in a matter of seconds. If you decide to sign out, you’ll need your activation code to go back in.
- In case you uninstall ExpressVPN and decide to reinstall it: Keep in mind that uninstalling ExpressVPN deletes all your information from your computer regarding ExpressVPN. That’s why an activation code is needed when trying to install it again.
- In case your previous activation code expires: This typically happens if your subscription expires, which makes your activation code obsolete. Renewing your subscription will get you a new activation code, accessible via the VPN’s website.
Can You Get ExpressVPN Activation Code for Free?
No, you can't get an ExpressVPN activation key for free. That's because ExpressVPN is a paid service, so you need a valid code for the entire duration of your use of the VPN.
Services like ExpressVPN can’t be cracked. There are simply no code generators that will ever help you generate a valid key. There are several reasons for this, as follows:
- Activation Codes Are Unique: To obtain your activation key, you need to log in to your account on ExpressVPN’s site using a code sent to your email. There are other systems in place to secure your activation code, which simply can’t be manipulated easily.
- Limited Number of Simultaneous Connections: You get 5 simultaneous connections, so you can see why it would be impossible for an application like this one to be pirated. There’s no way to use more than 5 connections at the same time.
- Eliminating Any Potential Misuse: Keep in mind that we’re talking about a VPN that logs no personal data. However, ExpressVPN is doing plenty to combat any type of misuse. Since the user-client constantly “talks” with servers, the VPN can see if someone is tampering with the software.
ExpressVPN Activation Code Not Working? - Try This!
If there’s a problem activating your copy of ExpressVPN, you will see an error preventing you from accessing the VPN. To save you both time and effort, we’ll offer several solutions to this problem based on the error message you’re seeing.
- Error Message 1 - "This activation code has either expired or is incorrect. Please log in to our website to get your correct activation code and try again." This message points to an expired ExpressVPN activation code. So, you need to re-subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Error Message 2 - “Your activation code is incorrect. Please try again or contact support”. You’ve probably tried to type in your key, and there’s a typo. Instead of typing in the code, we recommend copying it from your account (from ExpressVPN’s site). Also, make sure that your subscription is still valid (not expired).
- Error Message 3 - “Please make sure your email address and password are correct.” You’ve probably mistyped your email address or password. Pay attention to special characters or whether the Caps Lock key is enabled. You can also try logging in to your account on ExpressVPN’s site. Also, try resetting your password (via ExpressVPN’s site).
- Error Message 4 - “Please check your connection and try again.” For some reason, ExpressVPN thinks you aren’t connected to the Web. Something is preventing the application from contacting its servers to validate your activation code. We recommend checking if your Web connection works. Also, try restarting your networking devices.
As you can see, this ExpressVPN has made it quite easy to find your activation code. You can simply copy it from your account dashboard, letting you activate the VPN app in under a few seconds. Speaking of ExpressVPN's apps, you might want to explore more about them.
To learn how to set up ExpressVPN and put your activation code to use, use the provided link. You'll be taken to our in-depth guide that covers 65+ devices.
You’ve reached the end of our guide on using your ExpressVPN activation code. Let us know if you have any questions. Lastly, thanks for reading!