Without any surprise, you can set up ExpressVPN on Chrome in a matter of seconds. However, keep in mind that ExpressVPN's Chrome extension works as a remote for its native software. So, you won't get a proxy (which is what most other VPNs bring) - but a fully-featured VPN instead.
The only requirement is to install ExpressVPN on Windows, macOS, or Linux first. Then, you can add ExpressVPN to Chrome and connect to any of its 3,000+ servers. Don't worry if that sounds complicated, as we'll guide you through this process from scratch.
That said, let's jump right in!
How to Set Up ExpressVPN Chrome Extension
As mentioned above, installing ExpressVPN on Chrome requires you to have its native app installed. These are the steps you need to take:
1. Sign up for ExpressVPN using your computer and any Web browser.
2. Then, click "My Account" using the top-placed main menu on ExpressVPN's website. Provide your credentials and access your ExpressVPN account dashboard.
3. Click "Set Up Other Devices." Then, pick "Windows," "Mac," or "Linux" to download the VPN. Install it like you'd install any other software on your computer.
4. Then, launch the application and select "Sign In." Copy your ExpressVPN activation code. If asked to install a VPN profile or configuration, go ahead with "Yes" or "Allow."
5. The VPN will ask you to start it up on system startup. Pick "OK" or "No, Thanks." Also, pick "OK" or "No, Thanks" when asked about anonymous data logging.
6. You should now see ExpressVPN’s home screen. Let’s set it up on Chrome now. Using your Google Chrome browser, visit ExpressVPN Chrome’s Web Store.
7. Select the "Add to Chrome" button and confirm your decision when asked.
8. To access the extension, click on the "Extensions" button in the top-right corner. Press "Continue" several times to go through ExpressVPN’s guide.
9. If you haven't logged in to ExpressVPN, you will need to do that now.
10. To connect to the nearest server, press the ON/OFF button (the app will turn green).
11. To end your VPN session, press the ON/OFF button again (the app will turn red).
12. You can pick a server manually by using the button just below the ON/OFF switch. Select any country or server name, and ExpressVPN will connect you automatically. That's it!
Now that ExpressVPN Chrome Extension is set up, you are ensured that everything you do online is encrypted and hidden from anyone else. However, don't forget that you can do the same on your other devices as well. So, here's how to set up ExpressVPN on all its supported devices.
In the end, we'll point you to our guide on the best VPN for Chrome, where (aside from ExpressVPN) you'll find plenty of capable alternatives.
That would be all on how to install ExpressVPN on Chrome. If you have any doubts or questions, we're here to help – so make sure to post your comment below. Lastly, thank you for reading!