Despite its popularity, online dating is still scrutinized in many parts of the world. That's one of the reasons why most dating apps are geo-restricted and available in select countries only. Then, there's the issue of digital privacy, as dating apps collect and display a lot of personal information, and that includes your real-time location.
So, if you wish to unblock dating sites and apps like Tinder, Facebook Dating, OKCupid, Match, Bumble, eHarmony, or Plenty of Fish, you need to use a VPN. More precisely, a VPN will help you unblock dating apps while also ensuring your privacy is protected. That's no easy feat, which means you need to be careful about choosing a VPN for dating apps and sites.
In this guide, we'll talk about the best VPN for dating sites and apps. We'll also show you how to unblock dating sites and how to pick a VPN aligned with your needs. In the end, we'll also answer some commonly asked questions.
Best VPNs for Dating Sites - Our Shortlist
- NordVPN – Our #1-Rated Best VPN to Unblock Dating Sites
- Surfshark – Best Beginner-Friendly Dating Sites VPN
- ExpressVPN – High-End Privacy Protection on Dating Apps
- CyberGhost VPN – Unblocks Dating Apps in 100+ Countries
- PIA VPN - Advanced VPN with Plenty of US Servers
How to Unblock Dating Sites with a VPN
To unblock dating sites, you need to connect to a VPN server in any country/region where that dating site works. These are the exact steps you need to take:
- Subscribe to a VPN that unblocks dating sites (we recommend NordVPN).
- Download and install the VPN on the device(s) you’ll use for online dating.
- Open the VPN app and log in to your account to reach the VPN’s home screen.
- Pick a VPN server in a country where dating sites are widely available.
- You can now proceed to use your favorite dating sites and apps.
The procedure explained above also works if dating sites are available in your country. So, if you want a VPN to protect your privacy while using dating sites/apps, go through the steps explained above - and feel free to connect to a VPN server in your own country.
The Best VPNs for Dating Sites in 2023
The best VPN for dating sites should meet certain criteria, like offering as many VPN servers as possible in as many countries as possible, as well as being able to unblock dating sites and apps. Based on which apps you wish to unblock, you need to find a VPN provider with a group of servers in the countries where those apps are freely available.
Next, you'll want your dating sites VPN to keep you safe and private online. For that, you'll want obfuscated servers, which make your VPN traffic look like regular traffic. There should also be a no-logs policy, as well as a kill switch, protecting you against data leaks. Of course, the basics should be there, including strong protocols and reliable encryption.
Don't forget that you'll want a VPN with enough simultaneous connections as well as apps for all your devices. Lastly, you'll want 24/7 live chat support, which is always the best way to resolve any issue, as well as generous money-back guarantees.
Based on the criteria mentioned above, here are the 5 best VPNs for dating sites and apps.
|Get NordVPN Now|| |
NordVPN is the best VPN for dating sites in 2023, as it offers 5,800+ servers in 60 countries, targeting all of the most popular "VPN destinations." Whether you wish to unblock Bumble, Tinder, Plenty of Fish, Facebook Dating, Badoo, Grindr, or OKCupid, know that NordVPN will give you unrestricted access to any dating app or site.
Of course, this hugely capable VPN for dating apps goes beyond unblocking. It gives you access to a group of obfuscated servers, hiding your VPN data from your Internet providers and anyone else on the Web. There's also a kill switch across all its apps, hiding your IP address and preventing leaks when (or if) your VPN connection drops.
Thanks to numerous independent audits of this VPN done in the past, we trust in its bulletproof no-logs policy. You also won't have to worry about your security, as NordVPN comes powered by protocols like OpenVPN and NordLynx, coupled with AES-256 and ChaCha20 encryption. On top of that, you get 6 simultaneous connections.
NordVPN works on practically any device imaginable. It offers modern-looking apps for iOS and Android, which you can easily couple with any dating app. And if you use dating sites, you'll get to install NordVPN on Windows, macOS, or Linux.
In case of any issues or questions, you'll get to turn to NordVPN's 24/7 live chat support. Other support resources are also available, like support tickets, installation guides, FAQs, tutorials, and more. Lastly, know that NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Unblocks any dating app.
- Close to 6,000 servers.
- Works on any device.
- Audited no-logs policy.
- 24/7 live chat support.
- 30-day money-back policy.
- Highly remote servers can be slow.
Surfshark is a brilliantly designed dating sites VPN, suitable even for those encountering VPNs for the first time. This provider comes with 3,200+ servers in 100 countries, featuring one of the most extensive networks out there. It can unblock Tinder, Grindr, eHarmony, Badoo, Plenty of Fish, Hinge, and dozens of other dating apps.
If you care about obfuscation, and you should, know that Surfshark has made that feature optional. Using 'Camouflage Mode,' you can instruct the VPN to use smaller data packets, letting you more easily access restricted apps and sites. There's also a kill switch across many devices, ensuring your actual IP address doesn't surface on the Web.
Next, Surfshark is powered by OpenVPN and WireGuard, coupled with AES-256 and ChaCha20 encryption. No matter which you pick, you'll end up with a leak-free data tunnel. This VPN has also been audited many times over, so its no-logs policy is true and valid. On top of that, you get unlimited simultaneous connections.
This VPN allows you to access dating apps and sites on any platform. It offers user-friendly VPN apps for iOS, iPadOS, and Android. Of course, there are also apps for Windows, macOS, and Linux, which you can easily pair with your favorite Web browsers and dating sites.
We'll also mention that Surfshark offers 24/7 live chat support, with helpful support agents waiting around the clock. There are also installation guides, tutorials, FAQs, e-mail support, and more. Also, each Surfshark subscription comes backed by a 30-day money-back policy.
- Servers in 100 countries.
- Optional obfuscation.
- Suitable for beginners.
- 24/7 live chat support.
- 30-day money-back policy.
- Can take a while to connect.
ExpressVPN brings high-end privacy protection to dating apps while allowing you to unblock new content on the Web. It brings over 3,000+ servers in 105 countries, covering all of the popular VPN locations. It can unblock Badoo, Tinder, Hinge, Bamble, Plenty of Fish, and more, without any issue.
What's interesting about ExpressVPN is that it brings obfuscation across the board. That means all ExpressVPN servers are obfuscated, and this feature is set to always work in the background. There's also a kill switch, which is called 'Network Lock' in the case of this VPN, so your data will be invisible online, and you'll be protected against data leaks.
Next, ExpressVPN is powered by OpenVPN and Lightway. While OpenVPN is widely used across VPN apps, Lightway is this VPN's proprietary protocol. No matter which protocol you pick, this VPN will help you stop digital trackers, eliminate ads, and avoid dangerous sites. Of course, a no-logs policy is there as well. On top of that, you get 8 simultaneous connections.
If you need a simple yet highly effective VPN app, ExpressVPN is an amazing pick. It has apps for mobile devices, including iOS, iPadOS, and Android. And if you access dating apps on your PC, you can use ExpressVPN's apps for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
We'll also praise ExpressVPN's customer support. You'll find tons of useful guides, tutorials, and FAQs. Of course, 24/7 live chat support is also there. Lastly, your subscription to this excellent VPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Servers in 105 countries.
- Obfuscation on all servers.
- Unblocks any dating site or app.
- 24/7 live chat support.
- 30-day money-back policy.
- Fine-tuning is somewhat limited.
CyberGhost is equipped to unblock any dating app or website with ease. It offers 9,000+ servers in 100 countries, and many of its servers are specialized for certain online activities. That said, you can use CyberGhost to gain access to Bumble, Tinder, eHarmony, Match, OKCupid, and more - on any device and whenever you want.
This VPN uses sophisticated technologies to unblock the Web. However, obfuscation is not present. So, it might not be the best option in countries with heavy censorship. Nonetheless, CyberGhost isn't any less secure than other VPNs. That means you'll get a kill switch across all its apps, ensuring your IP address doesn't leak on the Web.
We'll also add that CyberGhost is a verified no-logs VPN provider. It's powered by OpenVPN and WireGuard, paired with AES-256 and ChaCha20. No matter which device you use, this VPN will always default to the most powerful protocol available, making it suitable even for beginners. And you also get 7 simultaneous connections.
CyberGhost comes with easy-to-use and native apps for iOS, iPadOS, and Android, making it easy to pair with any dating app or site. It also has apps for desktop platforms, and you'll find it easy to use on your computer as well.
Like any capable VPN provider, this one also has 24/7 live chat support. Of course, that's aside from various other customer support channels. A unique perk is that you get a 45-day money-back guarantee if you pick a long-term plan.
- Sizable server fleet.
- Unblocks dating apps with ease.
- Takes proper care of your privacy.
- 24/7 live chat support.
- 45-day money-back policy.
- Obfuscation isn't present.
- Not the fastest option.
Private Internet Access (PIA) is a highly sophisticated VPN provider with thousands of servers in 90+ countries. What's unique here is that every single US state is covered, which is something no other VPNs offer. That said, it's no surprise that PIA gives you access to Hingle, Bumble, Tinder, Grindr, Her, Feeld, OKCupid, and more.
This is a VPN provider with tons of options to fine-tune your VPN connection. It has obfuscation as an optional feature, so you can use it only when needed. There are also several types of kill switches, allowing you to set how the VPN behaves if something unexpected happens. You can use a system-level kill switch or an app-specific kill switch.
Next, there are protocols such as OpenVPN and WireGuard, with AES-256 and ChaCha20. You can also choose a custom level of encryption, which is a unique feature that makes PIA suitable for those with a slower Web connection. PIA comes with a court-proven no-logs policy, and it gives you unlimited simultaneous connections.
You can also count on using PIA on practically any device. If you use a dating app, you can install PIA on iOS, iPadOS, and Android devices. And if you use dating sites on a computer, go with PIA's apps for Windows, macOS, or Linux.
Should you ever encounter any technical issue, you'll get to rely on PIA's 24/7 live chat support. Aside from that, you'll find a knowledge base, FAQs, and installation guides. There are also support tickets and e-mail support. Lastly, if you become a subscriber to this VPN, you'll be protected by its 30-day money-back policy.
- Servers in 50 US states.
- Can access any dating site/app.
- In-depth customization.
- 24/7 live chat support.
- 30-day money-back policy.
- Requires some optimization.
- Best-suited for advanced users.
Why Do You Need a VPN for Online Dating?
You need a VPN for dating sites if you want to protect or preserve your privacy and if dating sites are blocked by your Internet provider. Here's more information:
- Unblock Dating Sites/Apps: If you're in a country with limited access to dating apps, all you need is a VPN to bypass digital geo-blocks. A VPN will replace your IP address and hide your connection's metadata, giving you access to more dating sites and apps.
- Browse Dating Sites/Apps While Traveling: When traveling abroad, you'll see that your access to dating sites/apps will change. Some apps will lock your account, while others will prevent your access, which is what a dating sites VPN can bypass with ease.
- Hide Your Browsing History: Did you know that your Internet provider sees everything you do online, including which websites you visit? If you wish to regain privacy on the Web, a VPN is the only way to hide your data securely from your ISP.
- Hide Your IP Address: Internet trackers use your IP address to see your physical location, which is how geo-blocks work on the Web. In fact, pretty much anyone can see your location through your IP unless you use a VPN to obtain an IP from elsewhere.
- Bypass Censorship: If you're in a country with access limitations to websites and apps, know that a VPN is the best way to bypass that type of block. The best VPN for dating sites won't work with dating apps only; It'll help you bypass censorship as well.
- Bypass School/Office Restrictions: School (college) and office Internet networks typically employ firewalls to block access to certain sites, including dating sites. Since a VPN hides your data, you'll fight against those firewalls with great success.
- Bypass Bandwidth Throttling: It's not uncommon for Internet providers to throttle their users' bandwidth based on whether they resort to high-bandwidth activities. Your VPN can actually reverse that, as your ISP won't see the types of data you download.
- Connect Safely on Public Wi-Fi: The best VPN for dating sites and apps will help you access any type of Web connection without worrying about vulnerabilities. So, even if you use open Wi-Fi networks, you'll prevent others from spying on you.
- Save Money When Shopping Online: Since VPNs change your virtual location, you can also shop online at discounted rates. Just connect to a country or region where lower prices are more often encountered, and you'll get to see lower prices than usual.
How to Choose the Best VPN for Dating Sites & Apps?
The best VPN for dating sites and apps should offer a sizable server network, the ability to unblock any site/app, and it should provide strong privacy protection as well. Here's everything you need to keep in mind:
- Ability to Unblock Dating Sites: Your chosen VPN should be able to unblock your favorite dating apps/sites with ease on any device you own and anytime you want.
- Sizable Server Network: Bigger server networks typically bring faster performance. Also, having more servers will increase your chances of unblocking dating apps.
- Strong Protocols and Encryption: You can make dating sites unblocked only using protocols like OpenVPN and WireGuard. Also, go for AES-256 or ChaCha20 encryption.
- Obfuscated Servers: Obfuscation is a special technique that allows you to use smaller data packets, which have more success at evading anti-VPN systems and unblocking apps.
- No-Logs Policy: There's no need to allow anyone to see what you do online, including your VPN as well. That's why we recommend getting one with a no-logs policy.
- Simultaneous Connections: Most VPNs give you 5-10 simultaneous connections. If you have more devices at home, find a VPN with unlimited simultaneous connections.
- Supported Devices: Dating apps that work with a VPN are present on various systems and devices. So, find a VPN that works on mobile and desktop devices.
- Customer Support: Even the best VPN for dating sites can sometimes encounter an issue. In that case, you'll be happy to have access to 24/7 live chat support.
- Money-Back Guarantees: You can eliminate any risk of buying a VPN by getting one with a generous money-back policy. Most VPNs give you 30 days to change your mind.
Popular Dating Sites & Apps
So, you've chosen the best VPN for dating sites, and you now want to test it? Well, let's show you some of the most popular dating sites and apps in 2023
Just like dating in real life, you need to have a careful approach to online dating and think about your digital privacy. Also, think about the best places to find the types of people you want. That said, a VPN for dating sites and apps can help with both - giving you much-needed privacy while also unblocking new apps and sites.
Of course, not every VPN is the same. That's why we highly recommend NordVPN, which truly is the best VPN for dating apps and sites, giving you high-end privacy protection and allowing you to bypass geo-blocks with ease. Best of all, it works on any device, and you don't need any prior experience with using a VPN.
Does a VPN Work for Dating Apps?
Yes, VPNs work for dating apps. You can use them to unblock new dating apps and sites, as well as ensure the privacy and security of your data.
How Do I Unblock Dating Websites?
To unblock dating sites, you need to use a VPN. For example, if you connect to a VPN server in the United States, you'll unblock any dating site available in that country.
Does a VPN Change Your Location in Dating Apps?
Yes, a VPN can change your location in dating apps. If your favorite dating app uses your IP address to track your location, you can change your IP with a VPN.
What Is The Best VPN for Dating Sites?
The best VPN for dating sites is NordVPN. It has servers in 60 countries and an army of VPN servers, and it can help you unblock practically any dating site or app.
Can I Use a Free VPN for Online Dating?
No, you can't use a free VPN for online dating, as those VPNs can't protect your privacy. They’re also unusable when it comes to unblocking sites, they bring limited bandwidth and speeds and various other limitations.
Instead, what you can do is pick a trial of a premium VPN. That's how you'll get to use the best VPN services for a limited time - and without any risk.
Does a VPN Affect a Dating App?
Yes, VPNs affect dating apps by changing your virtual location. Aside from that, VPNs can unblock dating apps not typically available in your country or region.
Why Can't I Access Any Dating Sites?
If you can't access dating sites, you might be in a region where dating sites are banned. Or, maybe you're using a Wi-Fi network with a firewall. No matter the reason, you can always use a dating sites VPN like NordVPN to unblock your access.
That would be all for our guide on the best VPN for dating sites. Feel free to use the comments section below if you have any questions for us. And also, thanks for reading!