Wild Isles is a British series focused on nature, and we have the premiere date, plot, episode release schedule, and other details. Moreover, you’ll be able to stream this 2023 series online quite easily from anywhere in the world you may be, so keep reading to find out everything.
Sir David Attenborough celebrates the wonders of British wildlife, which can be just as "dramatic and spectacular" as anything elsewhere, he says. After traveling the world to make nature documentaries, the 96-year-old shines a light on natural history closer to home for the first time, and it's the UK as you've never seen it before.
The show's producers said Sir David had agreed to narrate Wild Isles from the start and was later approached about presenting it because of his rare perspective on how the British countryside has changed during his lifetime of almost a century.
Nearly half of the British wildlife species have declined since 1970. "Though rich in places, Britain as a whole is one of the most nature-depleted countries in the world," Sir David says while filming on location at a puffin colony on Skomer Island off the west coast of Wales. "Never has there been a more important time to invest in our own wildlife - to try and set an example for the rest of the world and restore our once wild isles for future generations."
Some of the spectacular species set to feature are magnificent white-tailed eagles, powerful killer whales, bluefin tuna gathering off the coast of Cornwall, wild horses battling for access to females in Cambridgeshire, gulls stealing fish from puffins off Northumberland, black grouse, and hen harriers courting in the Cairngorms, red deer stags rutting in a wild corner of Ireland, mayfly hatching on a river in Wiltshire, foxes hunting rabbits at night; and even a bee riding a broomstick in Dorset.
So, let’s see where, when, and how to easily watch Wild Isles online from anywhere, even on the go or while traveling abroad.
When and Where to Watch Wild Isles
The first episode of Wild Isles aired in the UK on BBC One on Sunday, March 12, 2023, at 7 pm local time (2 pm ET).
The season will have 6 episodes, each 60 minutes long, and we’ll see one new episode a week on Sundays on TV, while all of them will stream for free as a boxset soon after the premiere broadcast ends via the BBC iPlayer platform (only available in the UK).
Coming up next: Wild Isles Episode 5, Ocean, on April 9, 2023.
How to Watch Wild Isles Online from Anywhere
The British BBC iPlayer service is geo-restricted, just like all the live TV and streaming services out there that we use to watch our favorite content online in our home countries. Since it cannot be accessed from outside the UK, you will need to lean on a tool that can help you change your IP address to one from a location where there are no geo-blocks. This is why we recommend you use a VPN subscription to watch Wild Isles online from anywhere.
One of the best VPNs on the market right now is ExpressVPN, which works with most of your favorite streaming platforms, such as BBC iPlayer, ITVX, All4, My5, Britbox, Hulu, Netflix, Prime Video, and others. This tool puts thousands of servers around the world at your disposal, as well as other perks such as high speeds, stable connections, unlimited bandwidth, no logs, and the best encryption protocols. You can even try ExpressVPN for 30 days RISK-FREE courtesy of the money-back guarantee.
Select the annual plan to save some money when you subscribe to ExpressVPN (49% discount & get 3 months FREE) on the company’s website. You will need to create an account to get started, and it only takes a few minutes to do so. First, enter your details and pay to be able to download the app for your device. Next, install and launch it. Now, run the VPN app using a UK server to remove the geo-restrictions. The last step is to load the service to stream Wild Isles online.
How to Watch Wild Isles Online for Free in the UK
The upcoming British series will air on BBC One. You can stream Wild Isles for free via BBC iPlayer, where all the episodes will become available to stream simultaneously. You just need to own or create a free account with the platform and log into your account on the service to unlock the titles. You will also find other famous BBC shows on this platform, such as MasterChef, Peaky Blinders, Shetland, Gentleman Jack, and Eastenders.
The BBC iPlayer service is geo-restricted since it is only available in the UK, so you will need a capable VPN tool to remove the blockade while being outside the UK. Just remember to run the VPN in the background via a server located close to your home area before accessing the streaming platform.
Can I Watch Wild Isles Online in the US, Canada, and Australia?
We are sorry to inform you that you won’t find the show anywhere outside the US for the moment, as it’s often the case with many British titles.
However, the most obvious solution is to turn to a good VPN tool set to a UK server to unblock BBC iPlayer and stream Wild Isles online for free in the US, Canada, and Australia. You just need to run the app in the background before loading the streaming service for this to work.
Wild Isles Episode Guide and Release Schedule
- Season 1 Episode 1: Our Precious Isles (March 12, 2023) - We look at the wildlife that exists in our unique landscapes, from the micro world of bumblebees to the high-speed life of the kingfisher. Filmed in extraordinary detail, killer whales hunt for seals in our seas, golden eagles scavenge in snowy Scottish mountains, sinister woodland plants take pollinating insects hostage, and puffins are chased by greedy gulls that try to steal their hard-won catch.
- Season 1 Episode 2: Woodland (March 19, 2023) - David Attenborough follows our woodlands throughout the year, showcasing their astonishing variety and unearthing incredible stories hidden amongst the trees.
- Season 1 Episode 3: Grassland (March 26, 2023) - David Attenborough explores our grasslands, from beautiful flower meadows to the rich open landscapes of our mountains, and reveals some extraordinary and dramatic wildlife stories.
- Season 1 Episode 4: Freshwater (April 2, 2023) - David Attenborough takes us on a journey from source to sea, following the course of our fresh water to reveal a host of astonishing wildlife.
- Season 1 Episode 5: Ocean (April 9, 2023) - If you thought our seas were cold, grey and lifeless, think again! In the fifth and final episode of Wild Isles, Sir David Attenborough introduces us to the colourful underwater world of Britain and Ireland’s oceans. This episode will take viewers below the waves to uncover the stories of the animals that live along 22,000 miles of our coastline.
- Season 1 Episode 6: TBA (April 16, 2023)