Apex Legends is a worldwide-popular multiplayer battle royale game with 100+ million daily active players. However, many have been recently complaining about frequent lags, account bans, and feature limitations on different platforms. As a solution, using a VPN came out to be quite effective. That’s why avid players rely on the best VPN for Apex Legends.
A VPN ensures low ping time when playing Apex Legends. That's how you'll get the fastest speed, advanced security, smooth connection, and easy access to all the in-game features exclusive to certain regions only. Hence, a VPN improves your entire gaming experience while rendering concrete online security.
On top of that, know that Apex Legends is available in most countries - but it's not available in every single region out there. So, if you want to access this game from another country like Belarus, where it's banned, you need to use a VPN.
Also, if you’re getting tough opponents while playing Apex Legends, you can connect to a game server with fewer active players using a VPN in any of the countries where it's available. That's how you can find easy lobbies with a VPN and ensure your 20-kill badge right away!
That said, you'll need some help choosing the best Apex Legends VPN. So, continue reading to learn all you need to know.
How to Play Apex Legends with a VPN without Lag
All gaming VPNs work with Apex Legends, letting you play lag-free matches from any corner of the world. So, here's our step-by-step guide on using an Apex Legends VPN:
- Sign up with a VPN from the below list (we recommend ExpressVPN).
- Download its VPN app on your device.
- Install the app and log in using your credentials.
- Access the full server list and choose your desired location.
- Initialize the VPN session and you'll get a virtual IP from your selected country.
- Finally, launch Apex Legends and play lag-free!
Best VPN for Apex Legends
The best Apex Legends VPN must come with a large network and offer blazing-fast speeds on gaming-optimized servers. It should also support all the platforms on which Apex Legends is available to play. And most importantly, the VPN should offer military-grade security and a network kill switch to keep your anonymity intact.
We have tested 60+ VPNs to identify the top services that you can use with Apex Legends. Check out the list of best VPNs for Apex Legends below:
- ExpressVPN - Our #1-Rated VPN for Apex Legends
- NordVPN - Best for Gaming + Privacy
- CyberGhost VPN - Best One-Click VPN Solution
- Ivacy VPN - Best Budget-Friendly Pick
- Private Internet Access VPN - Best for Advanced VPN Users
- IPVanish VPN - Best for Inexperienced VPN Users
1. ExpressVPN - Our #1-Rated VPN for Apex Legends
|Visit Site|| |
ExpressVPN is, without a doubt, the best VPN for Apex Legends at the moment. With thousands of highly advanced servers in 90+ countries, this VPN enables you to find the most suitable one for Apex Legends in seconds.
That means you can easily avoid overcrowded servers in any location and connect to the one with the lowest ping for an improved gaming experience, as this VPN has multiple servers in every country.
Moreover, all ExpressVPN servers are specially optimized for gaming. And they provide truly unlimited bandwidth. Yes, you can get incredibly fast speeds no matter what network you’re using and how long you're playing. Above all, in the absence of a data cap, you can enjoy totally lag-free gameplay when connected to this VPN.
When it comes to security, ExpressVPN uses AES-256 bit keys, the highest-level encryption protocol, to protect your data from third parties. Alongside, its super-fast Lightway, OpenVPN, and other protocols make sure your online traffic never leaves the secure tunnel.
The VPN kill switch is also there to stop the traffic flow in case of a connection drop. Hence, if you play Apex Legends Mobile from public Wi-Fi hotspots, you can do that with complete anonymity.
Lastly, we'll add that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back policy, which means you can try it without any risk. And also, it features 24/7-available live chat support. As said above, this truly is the best VPN for Apex Legends.
- Certified no-logs policy.
- Highly polished interface.
- High-end encryption.
- Bulletproof VPN protocols.
- Ultra-fast performance.
- No in-depth customization.
2. NordVPN - Best for Gaming + Privacy
|Visit Site|| |
NordVPN renders highly secure and reliable services to a massive number of global users. It comes with a huge server network distributed in around 60 countries. All these servers are optimized to fulfill your gaming requirements, and they remove your complete activity as soon as the session ends.
Hence, no matter whether you want to access the US, UK, or Hong Kong Apex Legends server while bypassing the geo-restrictions, you can always find one with the lowest ping (<70ms) in your preferred location.
Moreover, NordVPN servers don’t limit your data usage. So, you can smoothly play the game with HD resources without worrying about lags or freezes. This not only improves your gameplay in every match but also pushes your rank higher and helps you become a pro player.
In addition, NordVPN is also best known for offering the strictest security measures. It uses an AES-256-GCM encryption algorithm coupled with a 4096-bit DH key and highly secure VPN protocols like NordLynx to protect your online data.
So, no third party can ever know what you’re doing online. Hence, you stay safe from snoopers, DDoS actors, government agencies, and your ISP as well.
Along with that, this VPN has specialty servers in most countries to offer you an extra layer of security while playing Apex Legends.
- Polished UI and UX design.
- High-end encryption.
- Multiple VPN protocols are on offer.
- Specialized servers on offer.
- Dedicated IPs available.
- Requires some optimization.
3. CyberGhost VPN - Best One-Click VPN Solution
|Visit Site|| |
CyberGhost is an advanced and secure VPN that comes with gaming-optimized servers in more than 90 countries. All its servers offer unlimited bandwidth and smooth connections. So, you will face zero lag and freeze while playing with this VPN.
CyberGhost offers native application support for all widely used platforms. You can install its intuitive app on iOS, Android, and your PC to use with Apex Legends. In case you're playing on a gaming console, configure this VPN on your router and share the connection to your device.
Apart from the fast performance, this VPN also offers concrete online security that keeps you anonymous on the web. Its AES-256 bit encryption makes your traffic data unreadable to third parties.
Alongside that, CyberGhost uses some advanced tunneling protocols for online privacy. It ensures your gaming traffic is routed through a secure path only before it leaves your network. So, you stay safe from DDoS attacks and can bypass network restrictions or geo-blocks easily to access Apex Legends anywhere.
The network kill switch and IP leak protection are also available on CyberGhost apps. It keeps you anonymous even when the VPN connection drops. You can reach its 24x7 available live chat support team in case of any connection issue or delay in performance.
- Certified no-logs policy.
- Native software across the board.
- Ultra-secure VPN protocols.
- Leak-free VPN tunnel.
- Extra-wide server network.
- Some specialized servers are available on Windows only.
4. Ivacy VPN - Best Budget-Friendly Pick
|Visit Site|| |
Ivacy is a Singapore-based VPN service provider with fast and secure servers in multiple locations. So, you can access this Apex Legends VPN from any corner of the world. Yes, these RAM-only servers don’t log your Web activity, so you can bypass network surveillance easily and play it on your school or office Wi-Fi.
Also, most of the Ivacy servers are fast enough for gaming. So, you get to have a lag-free gaming experience. You'll also get ping time lower than 16ms. Alongside, Ivacy doesn’t limit data usage, so you can play continuously without any hindrance.
This VPN uses military-grade encryption to make your data invisible to hackers. And, your online traffic never leaves the secure VPN tunnel while playing Apex Legends as Ivacy offers a network kill switch, along with DNS and IPv6 leak protection features. Moreover, its smart purpose selection allows you to get the required VPN settings for Apex without any manual setup.
Yes, all Ivacy native applications come with these features, so you get the maximum security you need, whether you’re playing the game on your desktop or mobile device.
- Great device/platform coverage.
- Incredibly simple to use.
- Specialized servers on offer.
- Solid data encryption.
- Wide selection of VPN protocols.
- Slower than its competitors.
5. Private Internet Access VPN - Best for Advanced VPN Users
|Visit Site|| |
Private Internet Access is one of the most popular US-based VPN services. It owns the largest server network covering most parts of the world. Most of these servers are optimized for gaming and advanced enough to dismiss any hacking attempt. And, there is no data limit, so you can play with high graphics settings for as long as you want.
Alongside that, PIA VPN provides around 60-80ms ping even when using remote servers. And it shows the user load and ping on each server in the app interface. So, you can connect to any low ping server and spoof your geo-location to pretend to be in your preferred country for playing Apex Legends.
However, this VPN uses AES-128-bit and AES-256-bit keys for encryption coupled with GCM for data authentication. That’s why your personal details and online activity remain completely secure, not just while gaming but at the time of browsing and streaming also.
PIA client apps come with a PIA MACE ad-blocker that protects all of your devices from sudden malicious attacks and any unnecessary ad pop-ups. Finally, PIA VPN offers a Multi-Hop mode to let you enjoy the benefits of total obfuscation while accessing the Web.
- Great for more advanced users.
- Flexible encryption options.
- Open-source VPN apps.
- Massive server network.
- Covers every US state.
- Not the best option for media streaming.
6. IPVanish - Best for Inexperienced VPN Users
|Visit Site|| |
IPVanish is another Apex Legends VPN that renders a satisfactory gaming experience. If you want to share a single VPN subscription on unlimited devices to continue playing Apex on the go while keeping your home devices safe for online use, IPVanish will be the best choice for you.
Yes, this gaming VPN has recently lifted limitations on the number of parallel connections, and now unmetered connections are supported for a single account. So, you can keep all of your gadgets safe without installing the VPN on your router.
Also, this VPN has servers in many locations. The best part is that you can enjoy the same speed on all connected devices as IPVanish servers don’t limit your data usage. So, no matter whether you’re using a console or handheld device, you’ll have the same ultra-fast gaming experience.
This VPN also uses AES-256 encryption and some of the widely used VPN tunneling protocols to keep your data unreadable over any network. Along with that, it offers a cloud storage feature named SugarSync to get your Apex Legends account information on all your devices.
In case you face any issue with the VPN, connect to its 24x7 available live chat support team.
- Native software across the board.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections.
- Proven VPN protocols.
- High-end data encryption.
- Leak-free VPN tunnel.
- Not the most polished UI.
Why Do I Need a VPN for Playing Apex Legends?
You need a VPN If you want complete online privacy and anonymity with a smooth connection while playing Apex Legends Mobile and other versions. Not only that, there are plenty more reasons why the gamers who use a VPN secure more kills than the ones who aren't.
We've discussed all the major reasons for using a VPN on Apex Legends below. Have a look.
- Improved Ping: Ping time measures how much time it takes for your gaming traffic to leave your network and reach the game servers. As low as this ping time is, as good as your gaming experience will be. Thankfully, a VPN can reduce ping effectively as all the VPNs mentioned above provide 50ms or lower ping time, according to our test results.
- Reduce Lag with Low Latency: Latency measures the total distance of your geographic location from the location of the game server you’re connected to. When you’re at the nearest distance to the game servers, your data packets travel less, ensuring interruption-free gameplay. But, if you’re in a country where Apex Legends has no servers, you’ll be connected to a game server in a different country. In this case, your data travels a longer distance to reach the game servers and get the response causing high latency. The best VPN for Apex Legends can resolve this issue by providing you with a virtual IP at the nearest location of the Apex server you want to connect to.
- Bypass Busy Game Servers: If you mostly play during busy hours, there are chances of getting tough opponents in the matchmaking. For example, the US Apex Legends servers remain busiest in the evening. An Apex Legends VPN can help you bypass busy game servers and connect to a country server with a different time zone where fewer players are active at that time. This way, you can enjoy fast-paced gameplays even while playing from a region where most players are active.
- Find Bot Lobbies: Bot lobbies are quite popular in Apex Legends. If you’ve just started playing this game, finding bot lobbies as opponents will help you score well. You can get all the kill badges and achievement streaks easily when playing in such an easy lobby. And, you can easily find those using the best VPN for Apex Legends.
- Avoid Geo-Blocks: If you’re traveling to a country like Russia or Belarus, where multiplayer shooter games like Apex Legends Mobile are banned, you can’t access it without spoofing your real IP and geo-location. A VPN allows you to get a virtual IP and location to bypass all sorts of geo-restrictions and play Apex Legends easily from anywhere.
- Military-grade Encryption: All premium VPN services use AES 256-bit encryption protocol that makes your data unreadable to third parties. Whether you’re using a public Wi-Fi hotspot or connected to your office network, this encryption protocol makes you completely anonymous by encrypting your entire Web activity.
- Bypass Firewalls and Play Apex Legends: Many schools and workplaces restrict access to gaming platforms, social media sites, streaming platforms, and more. If you want to unblock Apex Legends in such a network, get a VPN. As we’ve already mentioned, VPNs hide your real IP and keep you anonymous on all networks; your network admin can never know what platforms and websites you were visiting when protected with a VPN.
- Protection Against DDoS Attacks and Swatting: All the VPNs we’ve mentioned here provide advanced servers that can withstand the high flux of requests during a DDoS attack. Apex players facing DDoS attacks is not a rare thing, especially if you’re a popular streamer. But with a VPN, you can keep your personal details safe and expect hardly any impact even after facing the most intense attempt of a DDoS attack.
- Ensure Zero ISP Throttling: ISPs tend to throttle your connection upon detecting longer hours of extensive data usage. So, if you’re playing Apex Legends for quite a long time, chances are that your game will lag, or you’ll face frequent frame drops with horrible graphics. But, with a VPN, you can bypass ISP throttling and play Apex Legends smoothly as long as you want.
Where is Apex Legends Available?
Apex Legends is available to use on certain devices in different countries. For example, the Apex Legends PS version is available in Ukraine but the PC version is not available in this country.
That said, we've provided the complete list of countries where Apex Legends services are available. Have a look.
- PC: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, United States.
- Nintendo Switch: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States.
- Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Finland, France, Great Britain, Hong Kong, Ireland, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan, United States.
- PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5: Australia, Bahrain, Bolivia, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Ecuador, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Oman, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Ukraine, United States, Uruguay.
How to Use a VPN to Get Easy Lobbies in Apex Legends?
Apex Legends uses a matchmaking algorithm to put the same-level players into a lobby. This way, you get opponents with similar skill sets, so the match becomes competitive, and securing more skills is tougher. With a VPN, you can bypass this algorithm and connect to a game server with fewer active players for easy wins.
You must know that whenever matchmaking is done with fewer active players, the lobby gets filled with game bots, making the gameplay easier to win. You can find such easy lobbies by connecting to different country servers during odd hours.
That means: first, you need to find out which country has the lowest number of Apex players. Then, you have to sign up with a VPN with multiple servers in that country. Next, connect to any of the VPN servers in this location during odd hours, like when it’s early morning or late night, to access the easy lobbies and get less-skilled players as opponents.
Apex Legends Not Working with VPN - How to Fix
If you're unable to use your VPN with Apex Legends, you need to run a few checks on your device. Starting from system cache and cookies to your device's firewall, anything can be the reason to restrict your access. So, this is what you can try:
- Clear Cache and Cookies: As you know, Apex Legends is region locked; it tracks your system data to determine your location. If the cache and cookies are stored on your device from your previous login, you can’t access this game after a location change. So, make sure to clear all cache and cookies before you turn on the VPN and get a mock location.
- Change VPN Server: Apex Legends tend to ban the IP addresses associated with the accounts involved in cheating or bypassing match rules. You can't access this game if you’re using such a VPN IP, which is already blocklisted. In that case, change the server you’re presently connected to and use a different one to get a new virtual IP address.
- Check for IP Leak: Visit websites like ipleak.net and perform a leak test to know if your VPN is working properly. If you find your real IP address is still visible on the website even after enabling the VPN, change your VPN service provider. We recommend ExpressVPN as it offers complete IP and DNS leak protection on all devices.
- Allow VPN Through Firewall: Windows users mostly face this issue, as Windows' Defender Firewall may block the VPN traffic. You can add your VPN to the exclusion list or allow the VPN app through the firewall by changing its settings from the Control Panel.
All the VPNs mentioned above provide optimized gaming servers with unlimited bandwidth. Still, we recommend ExpressVPN for Apex Legends as this VPN has the maximum number of countries covered. Hence, you can connect to any location to access easy lobbies, limited game features, live game tournaments, and more with concrete online security.
However, you can always opt for any other VPN service; just make sure it's optimized for gaming. That said, check our guide on the best gaming VPN services.
Does a VPN Work for Apex Legends?
Yes, VPNs work perfectly fine with Apex Legends. A VPN reduces ping in games and allows you to secure your web connection while playing multiplayer and battle royale matches.
Is it Legal to Use a VPN with Apex Legends?
Yes, it’s legal to use a VPN with Apex Legends. As VPNs are legal in most parts of the world and Apex Legends doesn't block the VPN traffic, you can easily use a VPN while playing to bypass any network restriction, feature limitation, geo-blocks, account bans, and more.
Will I Get Banned for Playing Apex Legends With VPN?
No, you won’t get banned for playing Apex Legends with the best VPN. Many Apex players around the globe use VPNs to secure low ping and latency to high-speed uninterrupted gameplay.
How Do I Get an Apex Legends VPN?
You can get an Apex Legends VPN from the list of top service providers mentioned above. That said, we recommend ExpressVPN as it has optimized gaming servers and concrete security to offer you a high-speed and interruption-free gaming experience every time.
What is the Best VPN Location for Apex Legends?
Apex Legends has servers in the UK, US, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, etc. You can virtually connect to any of these countries to ensure the minimum distance between the VPN server and the game server you want to connect to.
How Do I Get Better Servers in Apex Legends?
To get better servers in Apex Legends, you need to use a VPN and get a virtual IP in a location where fewer players remain active.
Bypassing busy game servers will help in reducing ping time, and frequent lags as your gaming traffic will fetch quick responses while making sure ultra-fast performance.
Can I Reduce Ping in Apex Legends by Using a VPN?
Yes, you can reduce ping in Apex Legends with a VPN. VPNs are designed to route your online traffic through a separate and secure tunnel where it won't face any delay before leaving your network.
So, you get amazingly low ping time. And, you probably know that ping time remains highest on Apex servers during busy hours. But, with a VPN, you can easily bypass the overcrowded servers and connect to one with fewer active users to lower the ping time.
Can I Play Apex Mobile with a VPN?
Yes, you can play Apex Mobile with a VPN. All the VPNs mentioned here offer dedicated client apps to run on Android and iPhones. So, you can install the VPN app for the one you’re subscribed to from Play Store/App Store and play Apex Mobile on any network.
Can I Use a Free VPN for Apex Legends?
No, you can't use a free VPN with Apex Legends. Free VPN services come with feature limitations and very few servers to connect to. And they don’t render standard online security also. So, you can’t bypass geo-blocks when connected to a free VPN.
Above all, free VPNs log user data and complete the web activity of each of them. So, you may get in trouble for accessing Apex Legends with a free service where it’s banned or restricted.
That’s all! Now you know everything about the best VPN for Apex Legends. If you have further queries, drop us a comment through the below button. Thanks for reading!