Popular games like Apex Legends, which support millions of players worldwide, have constant high ping and latency issues. Bot lobbies are also an issue for many gamers, as they're only available in certain locations—in this case, Australia, Singapore, and São Paulo. Furthermore, only a few countries have access to Apex Legends Mobile, so not many people get to play it.
However, there is an easy way to bypass all these problems: the trick is to use a VPN for Apex Legends. A VPN will help reduce lag issues due to high ping, giving you much smoother gameplay. You can also change your virtual location by connecting to a VPN server near your desired game server, which will allow you access to Apex Legends bot lobbies.
In this article, we'll share the 5 best VPNs for Apex Legends with you. We'll also provide a step-by-step guide on using a VPN to get access to bot lobbies, discuss why Apex Legends keeps lagging and crashing, and much more.
Best Apex Legends VPNs – Our Shortlist
- ExpressVPN – Our #1-Rated VPN for Apex Legends
- NordVPN – Best VPN for Apex Legends for High-End Security
- CyberGhost VPN – Gaming-Optimized VPN That Works for Apex Legends
- Surfshark – Beginner-Friendly Provider for Apex Legends Bot Lobbies
- Private Internet Access – Apex Legends VPN with Unlimited Connections
How to Get Bot Lobbies in Apex Legends with a VPN
To get bot lobbies in Apex Legends with a VPN, you must find and subscribe to a provider that has servers in places where they're available, such as Australia, Singapore, and São Paulo. Here's what you'll need to do:
- Subscribe to a VPN that works with Apex Legends (we recommend ExpressVPN).
- Download and install the VPN app on the device(s) you'll use for Apex Legends.
- Launch the VPN app and sign in to your account.
- Connect to a server in a region where bot lobbies are available.
- It’s as easy as that! Now you can play in Apex Legends bot lobbies.
To play Apex Legends with the lowest ping and latency possible, ensure you connect to a VPN server that is closest to your desired game server. For instance, if you want to play on a game server in Singapore to access bot lobbies, connect to a VPN server in Singapore or a neighboring country.
The Best VPNs for Apex Legends to Get Bot Lobbies
To find the best VPN for Apex Legends bot lobbies, you'll need to stick to the criteria we set while looking for the best gaming VPN providers. Accordingly, find a VPN with the ability to access Apex Legends bot lobbies. Thus, your VPN should have a vast server network with servers in regions like Australia, Singapore, and São Paulo, where bot lobbies are available.
In addition, the provider you choose should be able to reduce latency and ping while offering fast connection speeds and reliable performance. Look for a VPN that comes with robust security and privacy measures, including a kill switch, secure VPN protocols, and strong encryption.
Furthermore, ensure your VPN allows multiple simultaneous connections and supports many devices, like routers, phones, PCs, and gaming consoles. Finally, it should come with a money-back guarantee and 24/7 customer support.
Based on the criteria mentioned above, these are the top 5 VPNs for Apex Legends:
|Try Risk-Free|| |
As our best VPN for Apex Legends, ExpressVPN ticks all the boxes when it comes to providing a smooth gaming experience. It has a wide server network of 3,000+ servers in 94 countries, including multiple servers in 6 locations in Australia and 3 locations in Singapore, as well as numerous units in São Paulo. This means you can access bot lobbies easily.
ExpressVPN is the fastest VPN you can get, offering blazing-fast connection speeds and reliable performance. It can help you reduce ping and keep latency in check while playing Apex Legends. So, it's suitable for playing on both close and remote servers, allowing you to join private and custom lobbies with minimal lag.
The provider also comes with a wide range of security and privacy features that are always welcome for gamers and anyone who uses the Internet constantly. You'll get a kill switch that will automatically stop all your Internet traffic if you lose your VPN connection, along with secure VPN protocols (Lightway, OpenVPN, and IKEv2) and military-grade encryption.
You can use ExpressVPN to play on many different devices, such as phones, PCs, and gaming consoles. You can even use it for your router! The provider allows you to have 5 simultaneous connections running and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Lastly, it offers reliable 24/7 customer support via live chat.
- Access to bot lobbies
- Ideal speeds for gaming
- Compatible with many devices
- Reliable customer support
- Could use more simultaneous connections
NordVPN is a well-known name in the VPN market that comes with a wider server network than ExpressVPN: 5,600+ servers in 60 different countries. It also provides access to bot lobbies as it has 20+ servers in São Paulo, 190+ in 5 locations in Australia, and 110+ in Singapore. It’s suitable for playing in all kinds of lobbies, whether they're bot, custom, or private lobbies.
With NordVPN, you'll get some of the best security and privacy features available, such as a capable kill switch, AES 256-bit encryption, secure VPN protocols (NordLynx, IKEv2/IPsec, and OpenVPN), double encryption, an ad-blocker, anti-malware, a Password Manager, and more.
Like ExpressVPN, NordVPN also supports a wide range of devices, including phones, laptops, PCs, routers, and gaming consoles. However, unlike ExpressVPN, it won't provide you with blazing-fast speeds. Instead, you can expect medium-fast connection speeds with overall reliable performance. At the very least, it will reduce your ping and keep latency stable.
NordVPN allows 6 simultaneous connections—one more than ExpressVPN. The provider comes with excellent 24/7 customer support that provides fast responses. It also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, which you can use as a risk-free trial.
- Hundreds of bot lobby servers
- Enterprise-grade security
- High-end privacy
- Reliable performance
- Slower on remote servers
The next VPN for Apex Legends on our list, CyberGhost, comes with optimized servers you can use to get smoother gameplay. It has one of the largest networks on the market, boasting 9,000+ servers in 91 countries. You can access bot lobbies by connecting to one of the provider's 48 servers in São Paulo, 213 in Australia, or 24 in Singapore.
Like NordVPN, CyberGhost also comes with medium-fast Internet connection speeds, but you might get slightly faster speeds if you use its gaming-optimized servers. However, keep in mind that those servers aren't available everywhere. Otherwise, you'll get stable performance more than suitable for playing Apex Legends with minimal ping and latency.
This provider comes with excellent security and privacy features like a kill switch, strong encryption, secure VPN protocols (L2TP/IPsec, WireGuard, IKEv2, and OpenVPN), data leak protection, and more. Moreover, you can use CyberGhost on 7 devices simultaneously.
CyberGhost is also compatible with a vast array of devices, such as phones, PCs, laptops, routers, and gaming consoles. It comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee on its longer-term plans and a 14-day money-back guarantee on its monthly subscription. Lastly, like many other premium VPNs, CyberGhost also offers 24/7 customer support via live chat.
- Gaming-optimized servers
- Provides access to bot lobbies
- Wide server network
- Generous money-back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support
- Could be a bit faster
Surfshark is another excellent VPN provider that can easily access Apex Legends bot lobbies and give you a fast gaming experience while it's at it. It comes with 3,200+ servers in 100 countries, including multiple servers in São Paulo and Singapore, as well as 40 servers in 5 locations in Australia.
This VPN can reduce your ping and keep your latency under control no matter which game servers you're playing on. Also, it's one of the fastest VPNs out there, so it'll give you high connection speeds and reliable performance. All in all, Surfshark is great for gaming.
With Surfshark, you'll get powerful privacy and security features to keep you safe online, including a kill switch, highly-secure VPN protocols (WireGuard, OpenVPN, and IKEv2), military-grade encryption, a MultiHop feature, antivirus, an ad-blocker, Camouflage mode, and much more.
You can use Surfshark on an unlimited number of devices simultaneously. Furthermore, this provider is compatible with many different devices, including phones, PCs, routers, gaming consoles, and laptops. It comes with excellent 24/7 customer support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Offers access to bot lobbies
- Fast Internet connection speeds
- Stable and reliable performance
- Top-notch security
- Round-the-clock customer support
- No room for customization
Private Internet Access (PIA) is an excellent Apex Legends VPN for players who want customization freedom. It can give you access to bot lobbies easily and has the largest server network on the market—thousands of servers in 84 countries. Also, it has servers in regions where bot lobbies are available, including multiple servers in São Paulo and Singapore, plus 5 locations in Australia.
PIA allows users extensive configuration options for their VPN settings. For example, you can choose the VPN protocol you want to use and decrease or increase your level of encryption. However, you'll have to trade security for speed and vice versa. Thus, the more you boost your security features, the more your speed will decrease.
This VPN for Apex Legends offers strong security and privacy features, such as a kill switch, military-grade encryption, secure VPN protocols (WireGuard, IKEv2/IPsec, and OpenVPN), and more. Without optimizing your speed, you'll get average connection speeds with reliable performance. However, the provider will still be able to decrease your ping and latency.
PIA allows unlimited simultaneous connections and is compatible with many devices, such as phones, laptops, PCs, routers, gaming consoles, and more. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and knowledgeable 24/7 customer support via live chat.
- Thousands of servers available
- Easy bot lobbies access
- Many customization options
- Ideal for more advanced users
- Supports multiple devices
- Complicated to operate
Why Do You Need a VPN for Playing Apex Legends?
You need a VPN for playing Apex Legends because it can deliver a smoother gaming experience with less lagging. Other reasons why you need a VPN include the following:
- Reduce Ping and Latency – A VPN can reduce ping and keep your latency in check by providing you with access to fast servers located closer to your game server than you are. Your best option for minimizing lag is to use a VPN server located in the same region as your game server.
- Access Bot Lobbies – As mentioned, bot lobbies are only available in a few regions worldwide, such as Australia, Singapore, and São Paulo. So, you can't access them if you don't live there. With a VPN for Apex Legends, you can easily connect to a server in one of those locations and join bot lobbies.
- Play Apex Legends Mobile – Apex Legends Mobile is only available in a few select countries, including Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, and Colombia. By connecting to a VPN server in one of those countries, you can download Apex Legends Mobile and play it.
- Avoid ISP Throttling – Online games, especially multiplayer games like Apex Legends, consume a lot of data. Unfortunately, most ISPs slow down your Internet connection when they notice you using increased amounts of data like you would while playing the game. A VPN can help you avoid this because it'll hide your online activity and data usage from your ISP.
Why Is Apex Legends Lagging?
One common reason why Apex Legends is lagging is that your Internet connection isn't stable. However, there are a few other explanations for why the game might be lagging, including the following:
- Your Device Doesn't Meet the Minimum Apex Legends Requirements – Frequent Apex Legends lag can be due to the device you're using to play it. There are minimum requirements that your device needs to meet in order to run the game properly. You can check them on the game's website and see if your device is up to the task.
- Your Game Server Is Down – Sometimes, you might experience lagging that has nothing to do with you at all. If the Apex Legends servers are lagging or experiencing difficulties, you can try using a server in another country to fix lag issues.
- Your Game Isn't Updated – Online multiplayer games like Apex Legends frequently release updates where they fix bugs and make other patches. Ensure that your game is always up-to-date to avoid lagging and other similar issues.
- Your VPN Server Is Down – VPN servers can occasionally experience technical difficulties. If none of the above-mentioned fixes help, you can try switching to another VPN server and playing again.
- New Bugs Haven't Been Patched – Sometimes, the game developers themselves are to blame for your lagging frustrations. Bugs that haven't been patched yet can cause numerous issues, including server lag. Unfortunately, all you can do in this case is wait for the developers to fix them.
What Is the Easiest Apex Legends Server?
The easiest Apex Legends server is in Asia—more specifically, the Tokyo-GCE1 server. It's the easiest option because there are fewer players on the server. So, even if the players on the server are skilled, the chances of being matched up with a bunch of them at once are slim.
On the other hand, the most difficult Apex Legends servers are in North America. NA servers have almost double the number of players compared to the ones in Asia—and a lot more of them are highly skilled. So, it's much more likely that you’ll join games with high-ranking players on NA servers.
Why Does Apex Legends Keep Crashing?
There are many explanations for why Apex Legends keeps crashing, such as an out-of-date graphics driver. Other culprits that may be responsible include the following:
- Your Graphics Driver Isn't Compatible – Graphics drivers are one of the most common causes of an Apex Legends crash. So, make sure to update them frequently. However, even if you do so, you may notice that Apex Legends is crashing again. In that case, you might need to downgrade your graphics driver so it's compatible with the game.
- Multiple Programs Are Running at Once – If you have multiple programs running at the same time, you might experience Apex Legends crashes, especially if those programs use a lot of RAM. Ensure all unnecessary programs are closed before you play.
- You Haven't Configured Windows Defender Firewall – You need to add Apex Legends to the list of allowed apps in your Windows Defender Firewall. To do this, open Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall > Allowed Apps. Then check both boxes for the program.
- Background Tasks Are Running – Background tasks can cause your Apex Legends game to crash, so perform a clean boot of your PC to keep them from running.
- Your Game Files on Steam Are Corrupted – Corrupted game files can cause Apex Legends to not work properly. You can fix this by verifying your game files on Steam.
Can You Use a Free VPN for Apex Legends?
Yes, you can use a free VPN for Apex Legends, but it’s not a good idea.
Free VPN providers are unreliable and come with slow Internet connection speeds that will only make your experience playing Apex Legends worse. They'll probably increase your ping and latency instead of decreasing it, causing even more problems.
Also, free VPNs won't give you access to bot lobbies, as most of them have limited server networks. Furthermore, they come with low data caps and bandwidth limits and often sell your data to third parties for a profit. You might even find their servers crash constantly.
To improve your Apex Legends gaming experience, we recommend you use a premium VPN. Accessing bot lobbies, unblocking Apex Legends Mobile, and reducing your ping and latency are only possible with the best VPN providers—not free ones.
Since Apex Legends is so popular, server crashes and lagging are common occurrences. Moreover, bot lobbies are hard to reach as they're only available in a few regions. And if that wasn't enough, Apex Legends Mobile is only accessible in a few countries. Luckily, this can all be avoided with a VPN for Apex Legends.
We recommend ExpressVPN for all Apex Legends players because it offers a blazing-fast gaming experience and can help you access bot lobbies easily. This reliable provider will reduce your ping and latency and deliver stable performance so you can enjoy lag-free gameplay on any Apex Legends server.
What Is the Best VPN for Apex Legends?
The best VPN for Apex Legends is ExpressVPN. It has multiple servers in regions where bot lobbies are available, and it delivers lightning-fast speeds that are excellent for gaming and keeping server lagging to a minimum.
Can You Get Banned for Playing Apex Legends with a VPN?
No, you can't get banned for playing Apex Legends with a VPN. EA, the game's developer, doesn't ban using them in its Terms of Services, so you're good to go.
Is Apex Legends Cross-Platform?
Yes, Apex Legends is cross-platform. You can play with people using all kinds of devices to access the game, including PCs and consoles like Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch.
Does Apex Legends Ban IPs?
Yes, Apex Legends bans IPs. You can get banned if you use hate speech, dox other players, post malicious links in the game's chat, cheat, exploit bugs, or take similar actions.
How Much Data Does Apex Legends Use?
Apex Legends uses more than 200 MB of data per hour, which is pretty low for an online game. You'll need a 20+ Mbps Internet connection speed to play it. If you have a faster connection than that, Apex Legends crashing can be reduced.
Can You Get Apex Legends Mobile in the US?
No, you can't get Apex Legends Mobile in the US. The mobile version of Apex Legends is only available in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Indonesia, Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Colombia, Malaysia, and the Philippines.
Is Apex Legends Free on PS4?
Yes, Apex Legends is free on PS4. It's also available for free on PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, and Nintendo Switch.
Hopefully this guide helps you choose a VPN for Apex Legends. Feel free to share any additional thoughts or remarks via the comments section below. Thanks for reading!