Apex Legends is a worldwide popular multiplayer battle royale and hero shooter game with more than 100 million daily active players. But recently, many of them have been complaining about frequent lags, account bans, and feature limitations on different community platforms. As a solution, using a VPN came out to be quite effective. That’s why avid players search for the best VPN for Apex Legends.
Well, a VPN ensures low ping time and an enhanced gaming experience irrespective of your physical location. When you use one, you get the highest speed, advanced security, smooth connection, and easy access to all the in-game features exclusive to certain regions only. Hence, a VPN improves your entire gaming experience while rendering concrete online security.
However, you might know that the Apex Legends game servers are located in the UK, US, Netherlands, Brazil, Belgium, Hong Kong, Germany, Taiwan, Japan, Australia, Singapore, etc. (find the full list below). If you want to access this game from another country like Belarus where it's banned, you need to use a VPN.
Also, if you’re getting tough opponents repetitively while playing Apex Legends Mobile, you can connect to a game server with fewer active players using a VPN in any of the countries where it's available. And if you’re not a pro player yet, you can find easy lobbies with a VPN and ensure your 20-kill badge right away!
A VPN helps you stream your gameplay on Twitch or any other platform with an uninterrupted and secure web connection. That's why you get good views and stay anonymous to the snoopers on the web while streaming live.
But, choosing the right VPN service is quite time-consuming as you need to try out all the features of different VPNs to find the top-performing one. Moreover, in a market with thousands of VPN services and everyone claiming to be the best, anyone can get confused. That’s why we’ve prepared a guide on the best VPNs for Apex Legends and how to use one for secure gameplays. Have a look and get started.
How to Play Apex Legends with a VPN without Lag?
There are many reasons why Apex Legends frequently lag, even when your device has the required configuration and storage. Starting from ISP throttling to busy network servers or high ping time, anything can cause delayed gameplay. Here is how you can fix this lag by using a VPN on Apex Legends.
- First, pick a VPN from the below list; we recommend ExpressVPN.
- Next, visit its official website and sign up for a risk-free trial.
- Once done, log in to your online account dashboard and download the suitable VPN application for the device you’re using.
- Now, sign into the ExpressVPN app and pick a VPN server at the nearest location of the Apex Legends server where fewer gamers are active.
- Finally, hit the connect button to get a virtual IP address in the location you’ve selected.
- Once your VPN status turns connected, access the game and play without any lag.
However, always remember to turn on your VPN connection before you connect to the internet and access your Apex Legends account. This way, you can bypass network censorship and have fast-paced gameplays irrespective of your present location. Alongside that, don’t forget to enable the network kill switch and VPN leak protection feature from your VPN Settings to make sure your real IP and location are always hidden even when the connection drops.
Best VPN for Apex Legends
As mentioned, there are a handful of VPN services available on the market. You need to choose the one most suitable for your requirements. We’ve tested 60+ VPN services to identify the top providers and prepared this list of 5 best Apex Legends VPNs with large server networks and blazing-fast performances. Whether you’re a Steam or Origin user, getting a VPN is the best way to reduce lag and play Apex Legends Mobile and other versions securely over any network. Check out the list of VPN services now for this game.
- ExpressVPN - Best VPN for Apex Legends
- NordVPN - Most Secure Apex Legends VPN
- Ivacy - Easy-to-Use VPN for Apex Legends
- Private Internet Access (PIA) - Largest Server Network
- IPVanish - Play Apex Legends on Unlimited Devices
1. ExpressVPN - Best VPN for Apex Legends
|Visit Site|| |
ExpressVPN is one of the best gaming VPN services available in the present market. With thousands of highly advanced and fast servers in 94 countries, this VPN enables you to find the most suitable one for Apex Legends in seconds. That means you can easily avoid the overcrowded servers in a location and connect to the one with the lowest ping for an improved gaming experience, as this VPN has multiple servers in every country.
Moreover, all ExpressVPN servers are specially optimized for gaming. And they provide truly unlimited bandwidth. Yes, you can get around 88 Mbps speed on a 100 Mbps line no matter what network you’re using and how long you're playing. Above all, in the absence of a data cap, you can enjoy totally lag-free gameplay when connected to this VPN.
When it comes to security, ExpressVPN uses AES-256 bit keys, the highest level encryption protocol, to protect your data from third parties. Alongside, its super-fast Lightway, OpenVPN, and other protocols make sure your online traffic never leaves the secure tunnel. The VPN kill switch is also there to stop the traffic flow in case of a connection drop. Hence, if you play Apex Legends Mobile from public Wi-Fi hotspots, you can do that with complete anonymity.
- Unlimited bandwidth on all servers.
- Top-notch security with military-grade encryption.
- Private DNS servers for extra security.
- Get a seamless gaming experience on every network with ease of use.
- Price is a bit higher than its peers.
2. NordVPN - Most Secure Apex Legends VPN
NordVPN renders highly secure and reliable services to a massive number of global users. It comes with a huge server network distributed in 60 countries. All these servers are optimized to fulfill your gaming requirements, and they remove your complete activity as soon as the session ends. Hence, no matter whether you want to access the US, UK, or Hong Kong Apex Legends server while bypassing the geo-restrictions, you can always find one with the lowest ping (<70ms) in your preferred location.
Moreover, NordVPN servers don’t limit your data usage and offer around 82 Mbps speed on average when connected to a 100 Mbps line. So, you can smoothly play the game with HD resources without worrying about lags or freezes. This not only improves your gameplay in every match but also pushes your rank higher and helps you become a pro player.
In addition, NordVPN is also best known for offering the strictest security measures. It uses an AES-256-GCM encryption algorithm coupled with a 4096-bit DH key and highly secure VPN protocols like NordLynx to protect your online data. So, no third party can ever know what you’re doing online. Hence, you stay safe from the snoopers, DDoS actors, government agencies, and your ISP as well.
Along with that, this VPN has specialty servers in most countries to offer you an extra layer of security while playing Apex Legends. Our NordVPN review will guide you through the process of getting a subscription. Take a look.
- High-speed, gaming optimized servers in multiple locations in 60 countries.
- CyberSec ad-blocker for keeping your device safe from malicious attachments.
- Specialty servers for better performance and security.
- Unlimited data usage for longer gaming sessions without lags.
- Most suitable for advanced users.
3. Ivacy - Easy-to-Use VPN for Apex Legends
Ivacy is a Singapore-based VPN service provider with fast and secure servers in more than 100+ locations. So, you can access Apex Legends from any corner of the world. Yes, these RAM-only servers don’t log your web activity, so you can bypass network surveillance easily and play it on your school or office Wi-Fi. You can bypass geo-restrictions also and find easy lobbies to score more kills.
However, most of the Ivacy servers render around 86 Mbps download speed. So, you get to have a lag-free gaming experience. You also get ping time lower than 16ms along with interrupted connection, which makes multiplayer matches easier. Alongside, Ivacy doesn’t limit the data usage, so you can play continuously without any hindrance.
This VPN uses military-grade encryption to make your personal data decodable to hackers. And, your online traffic never leaves the secure VPN tunnel while playing Apex Legends as Ivacy offers a network kill switch, along with DNS and IPv6 leak protection features. Moreover, its smart purpose selection allows you to get the required VPN settings for Apex without any manual setup.
Yes, all Ivacy native applications come with these features, so you get the maximum security you need, whether you’re playing the game on your desktop or mobile device. Have a look at our Ivacy VPN review for more information.
- Advanced, gaming optimized servers in 100+ locations.
- Smart purpose selection for ease of use.
- 10 parallel connections.
- Multi-platform support for playing Apex on different devices.
- Some users face the loss of connection speed.
4. Private Internet Access (PIA) - Largest Server Network
PIA is one of the most popular VPN services available in the US. It owns the largest server network covering 78 countries as a whole. Most of these servers are optimized for gaming and advanced enough to dismiss any hacking attempt. And, there is no data limit, so you can play with high graphics settings for as long as you want.
Alongside that, PIA VPN provides around 60-80ms ping and 92 Mbps average speed on a 100 Mbps line. And it shows the user load and ping on each server in the app interface. So, you can connect to any low ping server and spoof your geo-location to pretend to be in your preferred country for playing Apex Legends.
However, this VPN uses AES-128 bit and AES-256 bit keys for encryption coupled with GCM for data authentication. That’s why your personal details and online activity remain completely secure, not just while gaming but at the time of browsing and streaming also. PIA client apps come with a PIA MACE ad-blocker that protects all of your devices from sudden malicious attacks and any unnecessary ad pop-ups.
Alongside, PIA VPN offers a Multi-Hop mode to let you enjoy the benefits of total obfuscation while accessing the web. This PIA VPN review will share all information about their features and services. Check it out now.
- Intuitive app interface.
- Largest server network with 35,000+ servers.
- Protection against DDoS attacks on all servers.
- GCM authentication with military-grade encryption.
- Client apps on certain platforms require some bug fixing.
5. IPVanish - Play Apex Legends on Unlimited Devices
If you want to share a single VPN subscription on unlimited devices to continue playing Apex on the go while keeping your home devices safe for online use, IPVanish will be the best choice for you. Yes, this gaming VPN has recently lifted limitations on the number of parallel connections, and now unmetered connections are supported for a single account. So, you can keep all of your gadgets safe without installing the VPN on your router.
However, this VPN has servers in 75+ locations, and all can render around 80 Mbps speed. The best part is that you can enjoy the same speed on all connected devices as IPVanish servers don’t limit your data usage. So, no matter whether you’re using a gaming console or handheld device, you’ll have the same ultra-fast gaming experience.
This VPN also uses AES-256 encryption and some of the widely used VPN tunneling protocols to keep your data unreadable over any network. Along with that, it offers a cloud storage feature named SugarSync to get your Apex Legends account information on all your devices. Yes, it syncs all your game data each time you log in to a new device.
The feature list doesn’t end here. Please take a peek at our IPVanish review to explore the rest of the offerings.
- Strict no-log policy.
- Cloud storage up to 250 GB free usage.
- Multi-platform support with unmetered connections.
- SOCKS5 proxy is available to max out speed without encryption while gaming.
- The support team delays in providing assistance at times.
Why Do I Need a VPN for Playing Apex Legends?
If you want complete online privacy and anonymity with a smooth connection while playing Apex Legends Mobile and other versions, use a VPN. Not only that, there are plenty more reasons why the gamers who use a VPN secure more kills than the ones who aren't. We've discussed all the major reasons for using a VPN on Apex Legends below. Have a look.
- Improved Ping: Ping time measures how much time it takes for your gaming traffic to leave your network and reach the game servers. As low as this ping time is, as good as your gaming experience will be. Ping increases depending on certain factors like network congestion, busy game servers, frequent connection interruptions, etc. For any of these reasons, your online traffic can wait in the queue before it leaves your network, causing delayed gameplay. Thankfully, a VPN can reduce ping time effectively as all the VPNs mentioned above provide 50ms or lower ping time, according to our test results. Since VPNs are designed to route your online traffic through a separate tunnel, it reaches the game servers quickly. The same thing happens when your device receives the incoming traffic. Hence you get amazingly improved ping time no matter how many users are connected to the same network you’re using.
- Reduce Lag with Low Latency: Low ping and latency go hand in hand when it comes to playing multiplayer and battle royale matches without any lag. Latency measures the total distance of your geographic location from the location of the game server you’re connected to. When you’re at the nearest distance to the game servers, your data packets travel less, ensuring interruption-free gameplay. But, if you’re located in a country where Apex Legends has no servers, you’ll be automatically connected to a game server in a different country. In this case, your data travels a long distance to reach the game servers and get the response causing you a high latency. A VPN can resolve this issue by providing you with a virtual IP at the nearest location of the Apex server you want to connect to. Thus your data travels with 0% packet loss offering you lag-free gameplay.
- Bypass Busy Game Servers: If you mostly play during busy hours, there are chances of getting tough opponents in the matchmaking. For example, the US Apex Legends servers remain busiest in the evening. Alongside, you face tremendous downtime while playing matches. A VPN can help you bypass busy game servers and connect to a country server with a different time zone where fewer players are active at that time. This way, you can enjoy fast-paced gameplays even while playing from a region where most players are active.
- Find Bot Lobbies: Bot lobbies are quite popular in Apex Legends. If you’ve just started playing this game, finding bot lobbies as opponents will help you score well. You can get all the kill badges and achievement streaks easily when playing in such an easy lobby. And, you can easily find those using the best VPN for Apex Legends.
- Avoid Geo-blocks: If you’re traveling to a country like Russia or Belarus, where multiplayer shooter games like Apex Legends Mobile are banned, you can’t access it without spoofing your real IP and geo-location. Well, a VPN allows you to get a virtual IP and location to bypass all sorts of geo-restrictions and play Apex Legends easily from anywhere. Not only that, even if you just want to connect to a game server in another country, a VPN enables you to do that.
- Military-grade Encryption: All premium VPN services use AES 256-bit encryption protocol that makes your data unreadable to third parties. Whether you’re using a public Wi-Fi hotspot or connected to your office network, this encryption protocol makes you completely anonymous by encrypting your entire web activity. Moreover, if you stream your gameplay, there are chances of snoopers tracking your online traffic back to the source device. But, a VPN can restrict that effectively with advanced data encryption.
- Bypass Firewalls and Play Apex Legends: Many schools and workplaces restrict access to gaming platforms, social media sites, streaming platforms, and more. If you want to unblock Apex Legends in such a network, get a VPN. As we’ve already mentioned, VPNs hide your real IP and keep you anonymous on all networks; your network admin can never know what all platforms and websites you were visiting when protected with a VPN. Hence, you can easily bypass the strict firewalls and get complete internet freedom.
- Protection Against DDoS Attacks and Swatting: All the VPNs we’ve mentioned here provide advanced servers that can withstand the high flux of requests during a DDoS attack. Apex players facing DDoS attacks is not a rare thing, especially if you’re a popular streamer. But with a VPN, you can keep your personal details safe and expect hardly any impact even after facing the most intense attempt of a DDoS attack. Alongside that, many Apex players fall prey to swatting, online trolls stalking you in real life. But with a VPN, you stay safe as it encrypts your data and offers you online privacy and anonymity.
- Stream Your Gameplay Anonymously: If you’re using Facebook Live or any Twitch-like platform to stream your gameplays regularly, you must use a safe web connection to ensure no third party can find out your IP and location. As mentioned, VPNs offer impenetrable online security, so you get to stream your game with zero loss of quality anytime, anywhere, and without worrying about online threats.
- Ensure Zero ISP Throttling: ISPs tend to throttle your connection upon detecting longer hours of extensive data usage. So, if you’re playing Apex Legends for quite a long time, chances are there, your game will lag, or you’ll face frequent frame drops with horrible graphics. But, with a VPN, you can bypass ISP throttling and play Apex Legends smoothly as long as you want. Since your real IP address stays hidden and online traffic encrypted, your ISP can’t identify what you’re doing online. Hence you face zero ISP throttling.
Where is Apex Legends Available?
Apex Legends is available to use on certain devices in different countries. For example, the Apex Legends PlayStation version is available in Ukraine but the PC version is not available in this country. Here we've provided the complete list of countries where Apex Legends services are available. Have a look.
Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, United States
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States
Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Finland, France, Great Britain, Hong Kong, Ireland, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan, United States.
PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5
Australia, Bahrain, Bolivia, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Ecuador, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Oman, Panama, Paragua, Peru, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Ukraine, United States, Uruguay
If you want to access Apex Legends from the rest of the countries, use a VPN to play it on all supported devices.
How to Use a VPN to Get Easy Lobbies in Apex Legends?
Apex Legends uses a matchmaking algorithm to put all the same-level players into a lobby. This way, you get opponents with similar skill sets, so the match becomes competitive, and securing more skills is tougher. With a VPN, you can bypass this algorithm and connect to a game server with fewer active players for easy wins.
You must know that whenever matchmaking is done with fewer active players, the lobby gets filled with game bots, making the gameplay way easier to win. You can find such easy lobbies by connecting to different country servers during the odd hours.
That means: first, you need to find out which country has the least number of Apex players. Then, you have to sign up with a VPN with multiple servers in that country. Next, connect to any of the VPN servers in this location during the odd hours, like when it’s early morning or late night, to access the easy lobbies and get less-skilled players as opponents.
All the VPNs mentioned in this guide provide optimized gaming servers with unlimited bandwidth. Still, we’ll recommend ExpressVPN for Apex Legends as this VPN has got maximum countries covered under its server network. Hence, you can connect to any location to access easy lobbies, limited game features, live game tournaments, and more with concrete online security.
However, you can always opt for any other VPN service you want; just make sure it meets all the parameters of a good gaming VPN.
Does a VPN Work for Apex Legends?
Yes, VPNs work perfectly fine with Apex Legends. A VPN reduces ping in games and allows you to secure your web connection while playing multiplayer and battle royale matches. Alongside, it provides unlimited bandwidth and ensures zero network throttling so you can play for longer hours. With a VPN, you can also connect to game servers from other countries and find easy lobbies. So, if you want an enhanced gaming experience, use a reliable VPN on Apex Legends Mobile and other devices.
Is VPN Bannable in Apex?
No, VPNs are not bannable in Apex. Many Apex players around the globe use VPNs. Starting from low ping and latency to high-speed uninterrupted gameplay, a capable VPN offers a plethora of servers that improve the gaming experience only. So, there are no chances of Apex banning VPNs or the user accounts which use VPNs.
What is the Best VPN Location for Apex Legends?
Apex Legends has servers in the UK, US, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, etc. You can virtually connect to any of these countries to ensure the minimum distance between the VPN server and the game server you want to connect to. Whenever you’re connecting to a game server with fewer active players and making sure this distance is less, you can expect easy wins. It’s because your online traffic reaches the game servers quickly in this case, and you get a quick response too.
Hence, you get absolutely low latency and fast gameplay without any lag. So, the best VPN location for Apex Legends varies depending on at what time you’re accessing the game and the distance between your geographic location and the location of the game server.
Is it Legal to Use a VPN with Apex Legends?
Yes, it’s completely legal to use a VPN with Apex Legends. As VPNs are legal in most parts of the world and Apex Legends doesn't block the VPN traffic, you can easily use a VPN while playing to bypass any network restriction, feature limitation, geo-blocks, account bans, and more. However, if you’re staying in countries like Russia, Belarus, etc., make sure to check the VPN law carefully before you use one.
Can I Play Apex Mobile with a VPN?
Yes, you can play Apex Mobile with a VPN easily. All VPN providers we’ve mentioned here offer dedicated client apps to run on Android and iPhones. So, you can install the VPN app for the one you’re subscribed to from Play Store/App Store and play Apex Mobile safely on any network.
Can I Reduce Ping in Apex Legends by Using a VPN?
Yes, you can definitely reduce ping in Apex Legends with a VPN. VPNs are designed to route your online traffic through a separate and secure tunnel where it won't face any delay before leaving your network. So, you get amazingly low ping time. And, you probably know that ping time remains highest on Apex servers during busy hours. But, with a VPN, you can easily bypass the overcrowded servers and connect to one with fewer active users to lower the ping time.
Can I Use a Free VPN for Apex Legends?
No, you must not use a free VPN with Apex Legends. Free VPNs come with feature limitations and very few servers to connect to. And they don’t render standard online security also. So, you can’t bypass geo-blocks when connected to a free VPN. Moreover, free VPNs always limit your data usage. So, you can hardly play a few matches without lag, and once you exceed the data limit, frequent lags occur even while using a VPN.
Above all, free VPNs log user data and complete the web activity of each of them. So, you may get in trouble for accessing Apex Legends with a free service where it’s banned or restricted.
That’s all! Now you know everything about the best VPN for Apex Legends. If you have further queries, drop us a comment through the below button. Thanks for reading!