This add-on isn’t yet compatible with Kodi 19 ‘Matrix’ and its subsequent releases (of which, Kodi 19.4 is the latest one). Keep in mind that Kodi 19 is incompatible with many add-ons, which require to be updated to support the latest version of the application.
Since this particular add-on still works on Kodi 18.9 ‘Leia’ (and older releases), you can use that version of Kodi to install and run it. Once an update becomes available, we’ll make sure to let you know.
These days, there’s no shortage of anime addons for Kodi. Previously, we talked about installing Funimation NOW on Kodi, which comes as a possibility if you’re in the US. However, if you’re in a European country, you’ll need to rely on Wakanim. This anime streaming service is available across Europe at an affordable monthly price. So, now's the time to talk about the Wakanim Kodi addon, including how to install it.
Keep in mind that Wakanim isn’t found in Kodi’s official repository. That’s because this is an unofficial Kodi addon (created by an independent developer). However, know that the Wakanim Kodi addon is legal and safe to use, as it requires you have an active subscription to this anime streaming service.
That also means you can sync your content across platforms and devices. On top of that, Wakanim on Kodi works without a hitch, giving you full access to your personalized library. And also, it combines 720p and 1080p content, which looks fantastic even on a large-screen TV.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
IMPORTANT: Access More Anime & Protect Your Privacy Using a VPN!
When watching anime via Kodi – you HAVE TO use a VPN! That’s the only way to secure your use of Kodi while getting extra content as well. Here’s what VPNs bring:
- Get Access to More Anime: Most Kodi addons that bring anime movies and TV shows are accessible from a limited number of countries. The only way to bypass that geo-block is to change your IP address, done using a VPN. You will GET ACCESS to ANY Kodi addon out there, including its entire content library!
- Avoid the Risks of Using Illegal Addons: Most Kodi addons scrape their content from ILLEGAL sources, which might land you in a lot of trouble. Aside from PIRATED CONTENT, addons installed from the Web can contain MALWARE as well. To prevent others from exploiting your privacy, use a VPN (which hides everything you do in Kodi).
- Prevent Your ISP from Tracking You: If your Internet provider sees you using Kodi, it might THROTTLE your Web connection. And if you’re caught using ILLEGAL addons, you’ll receive a copyright infringement notice. Avoid both of those dangers by hiding your traffic via a VPN.
Not every VPN is good enough for Kodi. You need one that unblocks any Kodi addon and protects your digital privacy (by hiding your data). After testing more than 60 VPNs, our team recommends ExpressVPN – the best Kodi VPN available today!
Save Big Today: For a very limited time, TechNadu’s readers can SAVE 49% on ExpressVPN and get 3 EXTRA MONTHS added to their subscription. Act quickly!
How To Install Wakanim Addon on Kodi
To install Wakanim on Kodi, you need to download it from GitHub. Make sure to go through the following steps:
1. First, make sure to visit this GitHub page.
2. Then, select 'Code' and click on 'Download ZIP.'
3. You’ll end up with a ZIP file. Make sure NOT to unzip it.
If you’re not using Kodi on a computer, you perhaps won’t be able to download ZIP files and install them manually. In that case, you’ll need to use another addon that can download and install GitHub files automatically. To learn more, here’s how to install Kodi addons from GitHub.
4. Launch Kodi and wait until you see its home screen. Then, click on 'Add-ons.'
5. Next, select the open box icon, which you should see in the top-left corner.
6. Pick 'Install from ZIP file.' Dismiss the warning you'll see and a pop-up will open.
7. Navigate to the freshly downloaded ZIP file. Once you find it, click on it.
8. Several moments after, the Wakanim Kodi addon will install.
9. Return to Kodi’s home screen. Then, navigate to 'Add-ons' > 'Video Add-ons.'
10. Locate Wakanim and right-click on its icon. Pick 'Information.'
11. Now, use the 'Configure' button to input your Wakanim username and password.
12. Finally, click 'OK' and launch the addon. That’s it!
That would be all on how to install the Wakanim Kodi addon. If you have any questions on your mind, share them with us via the comments section below. And lastly, thanks for reading!