This add-on isn’t yet compatible with Kodi 19 ‘Matrix’ and its subsequent releases (of which, Kodi 19.4 is the latest one). Keep in mind that Kodi 19 is incompatible with many add-ons, which require to be updated to support the latest version of the application.
Since this particular add-on still works on Kodi 18.9 ‘Leia’ (and older releases), you can use that version of Kodi to install and run it. Once an update becomes available, we’ll make sure to let you know.
Aside from giving you access to movies, TV shows, and similar types of content, Kodi caters to gamers as well. Previously, we told you about the best gaming Kodi addons, where you’ll find Twitch and YouTube among the best options. However, if you wish to actually play games on Kodi, you’ll want to turn to the ROM Collection Browser Kodi addon, which gives you access to all kinds of emulators.
ROM Collection Browser comes with support for a massive list of devices and games. With that said, keep in mind that this addon doesn't offer any games itself, which means this is a true emulator, letting you import game files and organize (populate) your library using online metadata. This actually is a pretty complex addon, so we highly recommend checking its technical documentation on how to import, browse, and play games using the addon.
Once you set everything up, the addon will act as the gateway to your local library of games. You can use a compatible input device to control your games, so it will be like playing a retro console, which we're sure sounds fantastic.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
IMPORTANT: Access More Gaming Content & Protect Your Privacy Using a VPN!
When using gaming-oriented Kodi addons – you also HAVE TO use a VPN! That’s the only way to secure your use of Kodi while getting extra content as well. Here’s what VPNs bring:
- Get Access to More Gaming Content: Many gaming addons for Kodi are accessible from a limited number of countries. The only way to bypass that geo-block is to change your IP address, done using a VPN. You will GET ACCESS to ANY Kodi addon out there, including its entire content library!
- Avoid the Risks of Using Illegal Addons: Most Kodi addons scrape their content from ILLEGAL sources, which might land you in a lot of trouble. Aside from PIRATED CONTENT, addons installed from the Web can contain MALWARE as well. To prevent others from exploiting your privacy, use a VPN (which hides everything you do in Kodi).
- Prevent Your ISP from Tracking You: If your Internet provider sees you using Kodi, it might THROTTLE your Web connection. And if you’re caught using ILLEGAL addons, you’ll receive a copyright infringement notice. Avoid both of those dangers by hiding your traffic via a VPN.
Not every VPN is good enough for Kodi. You need one that unblocks any Kodi addon and protects your digital privacy (by hiding your data). After testing more than 60 VPNs, our team recommends ExpressVPN – the best Kodi VPN available today!
Save Big Today: For a very limited time, TechNadu’s readers can SAVE 49% on ExpressVPN and get 3 EXTRA MONTHS added to their subscription. Act quickly!
How To Install ROM Collection Browser Addon on Kodi
Ready to start playing retro games? Here's how to install ROM Collection Browser on Kodi:
1. Find Kodi’s icon and double-click on it to open the application.
2. Then, pick 'Add-ons' using the application's main menu on the left.
3. Now, select 'Game Add-ons' and pick 'Standalone Games.'
4. Find 'ROM Collection Browser' and select its name.
5. You'll see the addon's overview now. Use the 'Install' button on the right.
6. Once you see the list of required dependencies, select 'OK.'
7. Wait for a notification saying that the addon has been installed.
8. Then, return to Kodi’s start screen. Pick 'Add-ons' once again (on the left).
9. Navigate to 'Game Add-ons' using the main menu.
10. Lastly, launch ROM Collection Browser and set up the addon. That’s it!
That would be all on how to install the ROM Collection Browser Kodi addon. If you have any questions for us, make sure to post your comment below. And finally, thanks for reading!