Twitch is one of the most vibrant gaming communities on the Internet. Therefore, it doesn't come as a surprise that it's also available on Kodi, letting you watch your favorite live streams. So, let's show you how to install the Twitch Kodi addon, while also giving you an idea of what to expect in terms of its content.
Before we proceed further, know that Twitch is a fully-featured Kodi addon. Upon launching it, you will get to check the featured streams, browse streams by categories, as well as search for something specific. All of those are the main content categories on Twitch's home screen. And also, we recommend diving into the addon's settings menu, where you can fine-tune your media streaming experience.
Also, know that the Twitch Kodi addon can play videos in up to 1080p. So, you won't get to stream in 4K, even though many Twitch streamers already offer that functionality. Still, we're sure you'll be pleased with the video quality provided by this addon.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
IMPORTANT: Access More Gaming Content & Protect Your Privacy Using a VPN!
When using gaming-oriented Kodi addons – you also HAVE TO use a VPN! That’s the only way to secure your use of Kodi while getting extra content as well. Here’s what VPNs bring:
- Get Access to More Gaming Content: Many gaming addons for Kodi are accessible from a limited number of countries. The only way to bypass that geo-block is to change your IP address, done using a VPN. You will GET ACCESS to ANY Kodi addon out there, including its entire content library!
- Avoid the Risks of Using Illegal Addons: Most Kodi addons scrape their content from ILLEGAL sources, which might land you in a lot of trouble. Aside from PIRATED CONTENT, addons installed from the Web can contain MALWARE as well. To prevent others from exploiting your privacy, use a VPN (which hides everything you do in Kodi).
- Prevent Your ISP from Tracking You: If your Internet provider sees you using Kodi, it might THROTTLE your Web connection. And if you’re caught using ILLEGAL addons, you’ll receive a copyright infringement notice. Avoid both of those dangers by hiding your traffic via a VPN.
Not every VPN is good enough for Kodi. You need one that unblocks any Kodi addon and protects your digital privacy (by hiding your data). After testing more than 60 VPNs, our team recommends ExpressVPN – the best Kodi VPN available today!
Save Big Today: For a very limited time, TechNadu’s readers can SAVE 49% on ExpressVPN and get 3 EXTRA MONTHS added to their subscription. Act quickly!
How To Install Twitch Addon on Kodi
Ready to install Twitch on Kodi? Make sure to go through the following steps:
1. Open Kodi by double-clicking on its icon. Then, wait until you see its home screen.
2. Using the application’s main menu (on the left), select 'Add-ons.'
3. Hover over 'Download' on the left. On the right, pick 'Video add-ons.'
4. You’ll now see the available Kodi addons. Find 'Twitch' and click on the addon's name.
5. Right now, you should be looking at the addon’s overview. Click on 'Install.'
6. In case you see a dialog box about dependencies, go with 'OK.'
7. Kodi will now download Twitch. Once done, you’ll see a notification on the right.
8. You can now return to Kodi’s home screen. Once again, pick 'Add-ons.'
9. Hover over 'Video Add-ons,' and you should see Twitch’s logo on the right.
10. Click on the addon’s logo to launch it – and that’s it!
There you have it. Now, you know how to install the Twitch Kodi addon. In case you have any issues, make sure to post your comment below. And finally, thank you for reading!