Unfortunately, this addon isn’t yet available for Kodi 19 ‘Matrix,’ which includes any subsequent releases as well. In case you didn’t hear, Kodi 19 ‘Matrix’ is incompatible with a large number of addons, which require to be updated to support the latest version of Kodi.
Until that happens, you can use this addon on Kodi 18.9 ‘Leia’ or older versions (without any issues whatsoever). We’ll make sure to let you know if an update comes out, changing the current situation.
When it comes to sports-focused Kodi addons, you won’t find a better option than ESPN 3 (other interesting picks would be Fox Sports Go and NBC Sports Live Extra). That especially goes for those who have a premium ESPN subscription, helping you unlock this addon’s content and watch both full games and on-demand content. With that said, here’s everything you need to know about the ESPN 3 Kodi addon.
As noted just above, you’ll need a premium ESPN subscription to unblock everything that ESPN 3 brings to Kodi. However, there’s some free content as well, letting you check how the addon works. And trust us when we say that you’ll find plenty here – everything from live streams, on-demand TV shows, game replays, ESPN originals, and more.
In terms of the expected video quality, the ESPN 3 Kodi addon tends to combine 720p and 1080p. Know that Kodi still can’t live-stream in 4K, so none of its add-ons bring that capability. Still, we’re more than sure that ESPN 3 will meet your expectations both in terms of its content and video quality.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
Finally, here are the 10 steps to install ESPN 3 on Kodi in 2021:
1. Launch Kodi by double-clicking on its icon. Wait until you see its home screen.
2. Now, select ‘Add-ons‘ using the application’s main menu (on the left).
3. Hover over ‘Download.’ On the right, go ahead and pick ‘Video Add-ons.’
4. Navigate to ‘ESPN 3‘ and select the addon’s name to open its overview.
5. To begin installing ESPN 3, press the ‘Install‘ button (on the right).
6. You’ll now see a list of the required dependencies. Feel free to select ‘OK.’
7. After a couple of moments, a notification will appear (once ESPN 3 installs).
8. At this moment, feel free to return to Kodi’s start screen.
9. Once again, pick ‘Add-ons‘ followed by ‘Video Add-ons.’
10. Launch ESPN 3 and authenticate your subscription. That’s it!
Your search for amazing Kodi addons doesn’t have to stop here. With that said, check out our hands-on guides on the best Kodi addons for movies, TV shows, live TV, documentaries, anime, music, and cartoons.
Our central guide to the best working Kodi addons should be your next Web destination if you wish to explore even further. You’ll find more than 60 recommendations there, all legal and safe to use.
That would be all on how to install the ESPN 3 Kodi addon. In case there are any doubts or technical issues, feel free to post your comment just below. And lastly, thanks for reading!