NBC Sports Live isn’t only available via its website. This free-of-charge (if you already have a cable or OTT subscription) media streaming service is available on Kodi as well. In fact, this is one of the best live sports Kodi addons right now, which also brings on-demand content. So, let’s talk about how to install the NBC Sports Live Extra Kodi addon.
Keep in mind that NBC Sports Live Extra is an unofficial add-on, sourcing its content from NBC’s website. So, you’ll need an active subscription before you can access it. You also need to be in the US. However, there is a way to access NBC Sports Live outside the US – and that applies to its Kodi addon as well.
First, a few sentences on what to expect. NBC Sports Live Extra brings you both live streaming and on-demand content from a range of NBC-branded channels. These include NBC Sports, NBC Golf, NBC Olympics, and more. For each supported channel, you get live content, replays, and highlights – all accessible from within the Kodi addon.
On top of that, the NBC Sports Live Extra Kodi addon lets you live stream in up to 720p. On-demand content seems to play in up to 1080p HD, which you’ll be happy to hear.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
So, here are the 10 steps to install NBC Sports Live Extra on Kodi in 2021:
1. Open Kodi and wait until its home screen appears.
2. Select ‘Add-ons‘ using the application’s main menu.
3. Then, hover over ‘Download.’ On the right side, pick ‘Video Add-ons.’
4. You’ll now see addons from Kodi’s repository. Select ‘NBC Sports Live Extra.’
5. The addon’s overview should now open. Proceed to click on ‘Install.’
6. If asked to install any dependencies, feel free to click on ‘OK.’
7. Wait a couple of moments for the addon to install. You should see a notification.
8. Return to Kodi’s home screen and once again, select ‘Add-ons.’
9. You’ll find ‘NBC Sports Live Extra‘ in the ‘Video Add-ons‘ category.
10. Click on the addon’s icon (thumbnail) to launch it.
Then, you can find other types of addons in our central overview of the best-working addons for Kodi. More than 60 recommendations await, all of which are legal and safe to use.
That would be all on how to install the NBC Sports Live Extra Kodi addon in 2021. In case you have any questions, doubts, or technical issues, let us know via the comments section below. And lastly, thank you for reading!