Watching television, videos, or even listening to music has changed drastically over the last decade. What was once primarily dominated by scheduled programming received through cable or satellite services, is now increasingly shifting to a more on-demand nature. Most commonly known as cord cutting, the use of Internet-based streaming services has skyrocketed, allowing viewers to watch what they want and when they want. One of the leaders of this market is Kodi, a free and open-source media player and entertainment hub that allows you to use addons found within repositories. This is why we’ll show you to very best Kodi repositories for December 2018.
Disclaimer: We will be talking about software developed for Kodi – which is based on open-source code. However, the following software comes from unofficial third-parties. In addition, it is publicly available and free of charge. TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way. Make sure to carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
Warning: Why you must NOT USE Kodi without VPN?Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addons where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons are a scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it. LIMITED TIME OFFER
Top 10 Best Kodi Repositories as of December 2018
The world of Kodi repositories is ever changing, both in terms of what content is available and which repositories are still working. Following is a list of some of the best repos available today.
1. Official Kodi Repository
In case you want access to hundreds of addons that work without any problems, you should turn to Kodi’s official repository. These are all legal addons that have gone through an extensive testing phase. Therefore, this is the easiest way to enrich your Kodi with new content.
Of course, navigating your way through hundreds of addons isn’t an easy task. To help you with this, we have put together a guide to the best official addons. This is where you will find addons made by major companies that let you watch on-demand and live content. And on top of this, all of those can be used without any restriction, free of charge.
URL: Visit on GitHub (Install Via ZIP file)
KodiBae is probably the hottest repository right now. Even though this developer is still new in the world of Kodi addons, it already managed to become hugely popular. One of the biggest reasons for this is due to Covenant and Exodus. These two previously popular addons went offline a few months ago. However, KodiBae managed to resurrect them. Among other addons, you can also count on cCloud, PrimeWire, and Sports Devil.
Make sure to visit KodiBae’s GitHub page, where you download addons individually, via ZIP files. Or even better, you can use GitBrowser (made by TV Addons) to simplify this procedure.
Aside from being one of the best Kodi repositories at the moments, this is also one of the most turbulent ones. Due to its popularity, TVAddons was attacked by a number of large corporations and anti-piracy groups. However, this repository somehow always manages to resurface. In fact, this repository brings something you can’t find elsewhere and that’s its Git Browser.
Thanks to Git Browser, you can easily install any addon that can be found on GitHub. This addon downloads a ZIP file from GitHub and installs that file within Kodi. For more information, here’s our guide on TVAddons’ GitBrowser. Make sure to try it out, and install some of the best Kodi repositories found in this article.
4. BludhavenGrayson Repository
URL: Visit on GitHub (Install via ZIP files)
During the last month, Bludhaven Grayson has become a hugely popular developer of Kodi addons. Even though it featured just a few addons at the moment, all of these are simply amazing. You should also know that this repository is all about sports and live TV programming.
We’ve stumbled upon Bludhaven Grayson looking for the next great sports addon. That’s how we’ve discovered Pac-12 Network – the ultimate source of college sports. Aside from this addon, you will find a few other alternatives like Fitness Blender and BoxPlus Network. Then, there are a few live TV Kodi addons as well that are mostly focused on the TV channels from the USA and UK. Take a look and you’ll see why this is one of the best Kodi repositories.
5. Maverick Repo
Even though Maverick Repo doesn’t have dozens of different addons, it brings a few very useful ones. As you’ll often hear us saying at TechNadu, SkyNet and Maverick TV are among the most capable all-in-one addons. That’s why checking out the Maverick Repo is something you simply must do.
Guys behind this repository have a tendency of surprising us with their software creations. From time to time, you can find other addons in this repository which is why you need to check up on it frequently. We’re more than sure you’ll agree with us if we say this is one of the best Kodi repositories.
6. All Eyez on Me Repository
All Eyez on Me has a very long history of being one of the most content-rich repositories for Kodi. Even though it used to offer hundreds of addons, you can find around 30 items right now. However, each of those has the power to greatly expand your Kodi’s capabilities.
Among notable addons, you can find Covenant and Exodus, Adult Swim, BBC iPlayer, FilmON, Disney Junior and plenty others. This repository offers highly specialized addons for movies, TV shows, cartoons, sports, and pretty much everything in between.
7. DK-XBMC Repository
URL: Visit on GitHub
DK-XBMC is a popular Kodi repository that now exists on GitHub. What’s unique about this one is that it brings a set of addons that you won’t find anywhere else. This is why we have featured DK-XBMC in our article on anime addons and Chinese Kodi addons.
Our strong suggestion is to install this repository and take a look yourself. We’re sure you’re going to love what you’ll find there.
8. UK1 Repo
This is a relatively new repository that’s been around for a few months ago. However, it managed to slowly add new Kodi addons, and you can find some nice picks here. Among those, we recommend you to try Kratos – which is this repository’s flagship addon. In case you like to watch movies, we’re sure you’re going to be happy with what this repository offers.
9. Dimitrology Repo
Dimitrology has a very long history, with its ups and downs. It came online a few years back and managed to host hundreds of addons during all this time. A few months ago, it suddenly went offline, which surprised the entire worldwide Kodi user community. However, we’re happy to see Dimitrology back.
What important to note is that you can use Dimitrology to install other repositories with the most popular addons right now. Therefore, and for now, this is a must-have repository for every Kodi user.
10. Simply Caz Repository
We end our list with a repository known for TV-related addons. In general, you can find reliable and legal addons that let you watch TV on demand. In other words, live TV addons can’t be found here – and these can become increasingly hard to find. Still, you have the next best thing.
Simply Caz is slowly turning to legal addons, to avoid getting on the radar of copyright protection groups. Right now, we recommend you to try addons like LiveTube, YouTube, and maybe even Earth Cam if you’re looking for something educational.
What Else to Know About Kodi Repositories?
Knowing your options in terms of which repositories to install is a huge first step. However, you also need to know how to install these. So, keep on reading to learn more.
How to Install a Kodi Repository?
If all of the content you want to watch or listen to through Kodi is located on the internet, rather than local hard drive or network storage, you will need to add a repository. Add-ons give you access to online content, like movies, live TV programming, and live sports as well. These repositories also contain add-ons designed to allow you to customize Kodi to your personal taste, and add features that enhance the usability of it.
There are two primary ways to install a repository for Kodi to use. Both of these methods can be used when installing Kodi on a computing device; however, the second is the only way possible for installation on a dedicated box.
Install From a File
The first way to install a Kodi repo is by retrieving the installation file from the internet and installing it locally on your computing device. While the exact location of the repo installation files vary with which repository you desire, the rest of the process is basically the same across the board.
- Locate the specific repo installation file, and download it to your hard drive.
- Open up the Kodi software, and select the Add-on option from the menu bar to the left.
- Locate the Open box icon directly under the “Add-ons” title at the top left, and above the text menu selections down the left side of the screen. Click on this icon.
- Select “Install from zip file.”
- Navigate to where you downloaded the repo installation files, and select them for installation. Please note that you install from a ZIP file – so don’t unzip it after downloading it from the Web.
Install Directly Via Kodi
While this method is primarily used on dedicated boxes, it can also be used on a computing device. Rather than fetch the installation files yourself, the Kodi software does it for you.
- Open up the Kodi software and select the “System” icon (looks like a gear), which is located directly under the Kodi logo at the top left.
- Select “File Manager” from the icon choices in the center of the screen, located at the bottom.
- Select “Add source,” and click on the entry labeled <None>.
- Enter either the website address or the IP address into the correct field and click “OK.”
- Type in a description in the section under “Enter a name for this media source,” and click “OK.” This will add this source to the choices available in File Manager.
- Go back to “File Manager,” and select the newly-added source. You will be presented with a list of available repos at that location, select which one you want, and install it from there.
Using Kodi is one of the best ways to not only view all of the content you may have an interest in but to also do so when you want to. While the landscape of repositories for Kodi changes virtually on a daily basis, the repos listed here are sure to stay up, active and supported for you to enjoy for the foreseeable future.
In case you have any questions, feel free to post a comment. In addition, share this article online to let other Kodi users know about the best Kodi repositories. And when it comes to TechNadu’s social media profiles – you can like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.