The only way to download and install Kodi addons is by finding a repository first. However, this is where you need help since the best Kodi repositories are often hard to find. Of course, Kodi’s team has been doing its work on building its own repository, filled with different kinds of addons. However, there’s no reason not to try third-party solutions as well, especially since these can greatly expand your user experience.
We’ve done our homework on finding truly the best Kodi repositories in 2020. This means that the following options can help you install hundreds of Kodi addons. So, no more wasting your time on faulty addons – we have precisely what you want!
Before we proceed further, we have a word of caution for you. Our strong advice is to make sure you’re using Kodi safely and legally. With this said, we want you to read our
In this article, we are talking about Kodi and this application’s official and unofficial addons – all of which are based on open-source code. Addons for Kodi can come from the official source (you can install them via Kodi itself), or they can be hosted by third-party sources (such as GitHub, for example). In addition, Kodi and its addons are publicly available and free of charge.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
disclaimer as well as the following warning message.
WARNING: When Using Kodi, Make Sure to Always Use a VPN!
Without a VPN, you will be facing many obstacles when using Kodi. Aside from encountering blocked content, you’re also putting your privacy at risk. With this said, here’s why you MUST use a VPN while using Kodi:
- Kodi Imposes Geo-Restrictions: Numerous Kodi addons are restricted to certain countries only. By checking your IP address, these addons can block access to their content, which means that you’re missing out on a vast media library. A VPN resolves this problem by giving you a virtual IP address associated with a different country. For this purpose, we recommend getting a US IP or a UK IP address – as the majority of Kodi addons are restricted to these two countries.
- Your ISP is Watching Your Every Move: Without a VPN, your ISP collects all your Web data. This includes your Web search history, any websites you visit, and any media streaming services you use. Kodi is a media streaming application, which means that many of you will face ISP-imposed throttling, as a result. By hiding your Web traffic via a VPN service, you can make sure that your ISP doesn’t know what you’re doing online – and enjoy the full speed of your Web connection.
- You’re Putting Your Device’s Safety at Risk: Be very careful about which Kodi addons you install. Third-party sources can often lead to malware and cryptocurrency trojans, exploiting your private data and your device’s resources. With this said, know that VPNs reduce the risk of you getting infected with malware by implementing website blacklists. They don’t completely stop malware, but they can block access to malicious websites by using often-updated lists of dangerous websites (supplied by antivirus vendors). This is especially handy in the world of unofficial Kodi addons.
Once again, be very careful while using Kodi – and think about your privacy and digital security. A reliable VPN helps you secure and improve your Web connection, unblocks everything that Kodi offers, and takes care of your privacy. And per our extensive hands-on tests, we highly recommend you use ExpressVPN – the best VPN for Kodi at the moment.
LIMITED TIME OFFER: For our readers, we’ve prepared an exceptional deal. You can now save 49% on ExpressVPN – and get three additional months for free!
Without further ado, here are the top 5 best Kodi repositories in 2020.
- Official Kodi Repository
- TVAddons Repository
- BludhavenGrayson Repository
- Mhancoc7 Repository
- Marcelveldt Repository
1. Official Kodi Repository
- Repository URL: None (accessed via Kodi > Add-ons > Download).
- Popular addons offered by Kodi’s official repository: Twitch, Plex, SoundCloud, DMBC, Popcorn Flix, iPlayer WWW, Crackle, and plenty more.
In case you want access to hundreds of addons that work without any problems, you should turn to Kodi’s official repository. These are all legal and verified addons that have gone through an extensive testing phase. Therefore, this is the easiest way to enrich your Kodi with new content without the fear of causing any technical complications.
Of course, navigating your way through hundreds of addons isn’t an easy task. To help you with this, we have put together several guides focusing on this repository alone. So, we recommend checking our overviews of the best Kodi addons for movies, cartoons, live sports, and live TV.
2. TVAddons Repository
- Repository URL: http://fusion.tvaddons.co/
- Popular addons offered by TVAddons: Indigo, Git Browser, Tubi TV, Live Tube, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Free Live TV, and more.
Aside from being one of the best Kodi repositories at the moment, this is also one of the most turbulent ones. Due to its global popularity, TVAddons was attacked by a number of large corporations and anti-piracy groups. However, this repository somehow always manages to resurface despite ongoing legal troubles. In fact, this repository brings something you can’t find elsewhere and that’s Git Browser. Also, this is where you’ll find the Indigo Kodi addon – which is the best maintenance addon you’ll find right now.
Thanks to the Git Browser addon, you can easily install any addon that can be found on GitHub. This add-on downloads a ZIP file from GitHub and installs that file within Kodi. For more information, here’s our guide on TVAddons’ GitBrowser. Make sure to try it out, and install some of the best Kodi repositories found in this article.
3. BludhavenGrayson Repository
- Repository URL: Visit on GitHub (Install via ZIP file).
- Popular addons offered by BludhavenGrayson: Box Plus, Fitness Blender, TV Player, TV Catchup, UKTV Play, and more.
During the last couple of months, Bludhaven Grayson has become a trending name in the Kodi community. Even though it features just a few addons at the moment, all of these are simply amazing. You should also know that this repository is all about sports and live TV programming.
We’ve stumbled upon Bludhaven Grayson looking for the next great sports addon. That’s how we’ve discovered addons like Fitness Blender and BoxPlus. Then, there are a few live TV Kodi addons as well that are mostly focused on the TV channels from the USA and UK. Take a look and you’ll see why this is one of the best Kodi repositories.
4. Mhancoc7 Repository
- Repository URL: Visit on GitHub (Install via ZIP File).
- Popular addons offered by Mhancoc7: Animal TV, Free Live TV, Tubi, and more.
This addon doesn’t come with a large number of Kodi addons. However, its developer is doing a great job of bringing interesting sources from the Web to Kodi. In addition, you can expect regular updates – and you can expect these addons to perform without any issues. This is precisely the reason why Mhancoc7 is one of the best Kodi repositories.
When it comes to the addons found here, we recommend trying Animal TV. This one comes with 60+ webcam streams related to nature and wildlife. There’s also ‘Free Live TV’, which brings plenty of regional TV channels from all around the world – all of which are free and legal to watch.
5. Marcelveldt Repository
- Repository URL: Visit on GitHub (Install via ZIP File).
- Popular addons offered by Marcelveldt: Spotify, Roon, and Squeezebox.
Marcel van der Veldt is a Kodi enthusiast from the Netherlands – and he’s in charge of some pretty popular music-related addons. Aside from interesting scripts, you’ll find here (that can enhance your user experience), this is from where you can download addons like Spotify, Roon, and Squeezebox. As you can imagine, we definitely recommend trying out Spotify, as this music streaming service doesn’t have an official Kodi addon (it requires a premium subscription, though).
Dear readers, we’ve reached the end of our overview of the best Kodi repositories in 2020. In case you have any additions for this list, make sure to let us know. And of course, enjoy using Kodi!