Pluto TV is a rather peculiar media streaming service – but still, a hugely popular one. Since it offers an array of interesting TV channels, all of which are free of charge, we’re sure that many of you will love it. And also, when it comes to Pluto TV’s supported devices, Kodi is among those. So, let’s talk about how to install the Pluto TV Kodi addon – the easy way.
Before we proceed further, a quick introduction. Pluto TV offers both linear TV channels and on-demand content, and that applies to its Kodi addon as well. The addon comes nicely designed, offering the following content categories on its home screen: Live, Live (Favorites), Lineup, Categories, and On Demand. Therefore, everything seems to be covered.
On top of that, Pluto TV’s content comes in HD (720p and 1080p, to be more precise). You won’t find 4K content there, but having access to 100+ TV shows and 1,000+ movies in HD won’t disappoint you.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
Finally, let’s get to the point of this guide. Go through the following steps to install the official Pluto TV Kodi addon.
1. Launch Kodi and wait until its home screen appears.
2. Select ‘Add-ons‘ using the main menu (on the left-hand side of your screen).
3. Hover over ‘Download,’ using the main menu. Then, select ‘Video add-ons‘ on the right.
4. Scroll down until you see the addon’s name – ‘Pluto.TV‘ and click on it.
5. At this moment, Pluto TV’s overview should appear. Select ‘Install‘ on the right.
6. You will now see a list of the required dependencies. Feel free to go with ‘OK.’
7. At this moment, Kodi will download and then install Pluto TV on your device.
8. Once done, return to the ‘Add-ons’ section of your Kodi (via its home screen).
9. Hover over ‘Video add-ons,’ and you should see Pluto TV’s icon on the right side.
10. Click on Pluto TV’s icon to launch the addon. That’s it!
In case you’d like to discover more Kodi addons similar to Pluto TV, check our guide to the best Kodi addons for TV shows and on-demand movies. And to dive into other categories as well, here are the 60+ best Kodi addons (legal and safe) in 2021.
That would be all on how to install the Pluto TV Kodi addon. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to post your comment below. We’ll make sure to respond as soon as possible. And lastly, thanks for reading!