Unlike its competitors, Vimeo has a more personal approach to its content library. That’s why this media streaming website is a favorite for independent filmmakers. As one could expect, Vimeo is available on just about any platform out there, and that includes the Vimeo Kodi addon, which we’ll show you how to install.
Know that Vimeo for Kodi is an unofficial addon created by an independent developer. Still, it comes from Kodi's official repository and works without a hitch. You'll get to watch any video you want by searching, checking out Vimeo staff's picks, and seeing what's trending. All of those are the content categories visible on Vimeo's home screen.
And also, keep in mind that the Vimeo Kodi addon streams in up to 1080p. Sadly, 4K streaming isn’t available, which is reserved for Vimeo’s native apps.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
IMPORTANT: Unblock Kodi Addons & Protect Your Privacy Using a VPN!
When using Kodi addons – you also HAVE TO use a VPN! That’s the only way to secure your use of Kodi while getting extra content as well. Here’s what VPNs bring:
- Get Access to More Content: Most Kodi addons are available in a limited number of countries. The only way to bypass that geo-block is to change your IP address, using a VPN. You’ll GET ACCESS to ANY Kodi addon out there, including its entire content library!
- Avoid the Risks of Using Illegal Addons: Plenty of Kodi addons scrape their content from ILLEGAL sources, which might land you in a lot of trouble. Aside from PIRATED CONTENT, addons installed from the Web can contain MALWARE as well. To prevent others from exploiting your privacy, use a VPN (which hides everything you do in Kodi).
- Prevent Your ISP from Tracking You: If your Internet provider sees you using Kodi, it might THROTTLE your connection. And if you’re caught using ILLEGAL addons, you’ll receive a copyright infringement notice. Avoid both of those dangers by hiding your traffic via a VPN.
Not every VPN is good enough for Kodi. You need one that unblocks any addon and protects your digital privacy (by hiding your data). After testing more than 60 VPNs, our team recommends ExpressVPN – the best Kodi VPN available today!
Save Big Today: For a very limited time, TechNadu’s readers can SAVE 49% on ExpressVPN and get 3 EXTRA MONTHS added to their subscription. Act quickly!
How To Install Vimeo Addon on Kodi
And now, here are the steps to install the Vimeo Kodi addon:
1. Open Kodi and wait until it’s ready for use. You should see its home screen.
2. Then, click on 'Add-ons' using the application’s main menu (on the left side).
3. Once again, using the main menu, hover over 'Download.' Then, pick 'Video add-ons.'
4. You’ll now access Kodi’s repository. Find 'Vimeo' and click on the addon’s name.
5. Right now, you should be looking at Vimeo’s overview. Click on 'Install.'
6. If any dependencies are needed, Kodi will list them now. Select 'OK' if needed.
7. Kodi will now install Vimeo. You should see a notification once done (on the right).
8. To launch Vimeo, return to Kodi’s home screen. Select 'Add-ons' once again.
9. Hover over 'Video add-ons,' and you should see Vimeo’s icon on the right.
10. Select Vimeo's icon, and the add-on will launch. That's it!
That would be all on how to install the Vimeo Kodi addon. In case you have any questions, let us know by posting a comment below. And finally, thank you for reading!