During the last couple of years, we’ve been witnessing highly problematic developments in Russia. This country’s digital landscape has been gradually changing to accommodate ever-increasing censorship, website blocking, and mass surveillance. This is why many Russians are looking for a way to secure their Web connections, without having to change the way they use the Web. Of course, there are also individuals looking for a way to get a Russian IP address to access websites and services restricted to their home country alone. Well, you’ve come to the right place – as we’re about to tell you how to get a Russian IP, the easiest way possible.
Before giving our recommendations (based on our hands-on experience), we need to bring you up to speed on what’s been happening in Russia. You’ve probably heard about Russia building its own Internet, pressuring Facebook and Twitter to relocate their servers, banning a large volume of pirate websites, and even forcing Google to remove blacklisted websites from its search results. And on top of this, Russia has been pressuring a number of VPNs to comply with the country’s website blacklist, which forced some VPNs to abandon this market altogether (such as HideMyAss, for example). This means that now you only have a few VPNs that can get you a Russian IP address.
We also have one more thing to note. We’re about to recommend 3 VPN services that are the best for this particular use-case – based on our hands-on experience and extensive testing of dozens and dozens of VPN services. We’re more than sure you’re going to be happy using any of the following options, as all of them come with secure VPN protocols, tough encryption, plenty of extra features, and more. So, let’s dive right in, shall we?
So, here’s how to get a Russian IP address in 3 steps.
- Make sure to review your options and choose your VPN. We’ll recommend Surfshark as the best option right now (and we’ll tell you why).
- Then, purchase your subscription. This will let you download and install the VPN application.
- Lastly, connect to a Russian server using your chosen VPN. That’s it – you’ll get a Russian IP and you’ll also secure your Web connection along the way.
Step 1 – First, Pick a VPN!
As noted earlier, we’ve prepared three interesting recommendations. So, let’s check out what to expect from each of those VPN services.
Surfshark is a relatively new VPN that’s under constant development. This is actually one of our favorites, at the moment, as it simply checks all the right boxes. You can get a Russian IP by connecting to any of its five Russian servers. You’ll also get high-end (AES-256) encryption, highly secure protocols such as OpenVPN and IKEv2, as well as native apps across the board. You can also use Surfshark for media streaming by connecting to servers outside of Russia. Sounds intriguing? Here’s our full Surfshark review.
2. Ivacy VPN
Ivacy comes with a long history of breaking even the toughest anti-VPN measures. With this said, it’s no wonder that it’s available in Russia as well. You’ll find a couple of servers in Moscow, which should provide adequate performance. By connecting to servers outside of this country, you can connect to plenty of new online services. And by connecting to servers inside of Russia, you can secure your connection and make sure no one collects your personal information. Make sure to learn more in our review of Ivacy VPN.
Step 2 – Get a VPN Subscription
We hope that you’ve made your pick by now. If not, let us remind you that our first recommendation is Surfshark. So, we’ll use this VPN to give you an example of how to get a Russian IP.
- First, you need to sign-up for Surfshark. Click on the provided link to get to this VPN’s sign-up page, where you first need to select a subscription.
- By default, Surfshark will offer its 24-month plan, priced at only $1.99 per month. Scroll to the bottom of that page in case you’d like to review additional options. Once you made your pick, click on the ‘Buy Now’ or ‘Get Started’ buttons.
- Finally, enter your email address, select your payment method, and finalize the procedure.
Step 3 – Get a Russian IP Address
All there’s left is to download and activate Surfshark. So, let’s see how to finalize the process of getting your Russian IP address.
- Go to the official website of Surfshark, click on ‘Apps’ from the main menu, choose your platform and download the application.
- Once downloaded, install Surfshark on your system. Launch the application, supply your credentials, and you’ll be greeted by this VPN’s home screen.
- Finally, click on ‘Locations’ on the left side of the screen. And then connect to any server in Russia. That’s it – you’ll no receive your very own Russian IP address.
Thanks for being with us until the end of this article. If there’s anything else you’d like to know on getting a Russian IP address, make sure to let us know. Also, don’t forget that you can subscribe to our socials on Facebook and Twitter.