In September 2021, Locast was ordered to shut down its TV service for good. After a lengthy legal battle against ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC, Locast had no other option than to abandon its donations-based business model. With that said, know that the Locast Kodi addon is no longer available.
To help you find an alternative to Locast, turn to our guide on the best live TV Kodi addons.
The fact is that live TV streaming services can be quite pricey, which makes enough room on the market for free-of-charge versions. Among those, XUMO and Pluto TV are among the most popular options. However, Locast is also an incredible alternative, letting you watch your local TV over the Web at a low price. This is excellent news if you're a Kodi user, as we're about to show you how to install the Locast Kodi addon.
First, a few quick pointers. Keep in mind that you'll need an active Locast subscription to use this Kodi addon (you'll be asked to log in before accessing it). After that, you'll get the full TV guide for your area, keeping you a single click away from streaming TV live. Also, the Locast Kodi addon reaches full HD 1080p resolution, which is yet another reason to try it out.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
IMPORTANT: Access More TV Channels & Protect Your Privacy Using a VPN!
When watching live TV via Kodi – you HAVE TO use a VPN! That’s the only way to secure your use of Kodi while getting extra content as well. Here’s what VPNs bring:
- Get Access to More TV Channels: Most addons for Kodi that bring live TV channels are available in a limited number of countries. The only way to bypass that geo-block is to change your IP address, done using a VPN. You will GET ACCESS to ANY Kodi addon out there, including its entire content library!
- Avoid the Risks of Using Illegal Addons: Most Kodi addons scrape their content from ILLEGAL sources, which might land you in a lot of trouble. Aside from PIRATED CONTENT, addons installed from the Web can contain MALWARE as well. To prevent others from exploiting your privacy, use a VPN (which hides everything you do in Kodi).
- Prevent Your ISP from Tracking You: If your Internet provider sees you using Kodi, it might THROTTLE your Web connection. And if you’re caught using ILLEGAL addons, you’ll receive a copyright infringement notice. Avoid both of those dangers by hiding your traffic via a VPN.
Not every VPN is good enough for Kodi. You need one that unblocks any Kodi addon and protects your digital privacy (by hiding your data). After testing more than 60 VPNs, our team recommends ExpressVPN – the best Kodi VPN available today!
Save Big Today: For a very limited time, TechNadu’s readers can SAVE 49% on ExpressVPN and get 3 EXTRA MONTHS added to their subscription. Act quickly!
How To Install Locast Addon on Kodi
These are the 10 steps to install Locast on Kodi:
1. Launch Kodi and wait a couple of moments until its home screen appears.
2. Then, select 'Add-ons' using the application’s main menu (on the left side).
3. Use your cursor to hover over 'Download.' Then, pick 'Video Add-ons' on the right.
4. Kodi will now list its available addons. Scroll down until you see 'Locast.'
5. Once you select the addon, its overview should open. Use the 'Install' button.
6. A list of dependencies will now appear on your screen. Go ahead with 'OK.'
7. Kodi will now download and install Locast. You’ll see a notification once done.
8. Return all the way to Kodi’s home screen. Once again, pick 'Add-ons.'
9. This time, select 'Video Add-ons,' and you’ll see the newly installed addon.
10. Click on Locast’s icon, and then log in to your account. That’s it!
So, have you managed to install Locast on Kodi? Make sure to let us know via the comments section below. And lastly, thanks for reading!