Who Do You Think You Are? Season 20 is a hit entertainment show that teams up with celebrity participants to trace back their family history. You’ll be able to stream the episodes of this British series online for free quite easily, and we have the premiere date, the episode release schedule, and other essential details, so keep reading to find out everything there is to know.
The Crown stars Claire Foy and Lesley Manville, actor Emily Atack, survival expert Bear Grylls, and Andrew Lloyd Webber are among the big names set to feature in the next season of the ancestry series.
Also, comedian Chris Ramsey, former Strictly Come Dancing pro Kevin Clifton, and radio presenter Dev Griffin will be investigating their past, along with twin doctors Chris and Xand van Tulleken.
“Who Do You Think You Are? is back with nine much-loved celebrities investigating their ancestry,” said executive producer Colette Flight. “The series will see them uncover incredible, moving, and dramatic stories as their individual family trees reflect and shine a light on all of our shared history.”
The narrator is Phil Davis. So, let’s see where, when, and how to easily watch Who Do You Think You Are? Season 20 online for free, be it from home, on the go, or even while traveling abroad.
When and Where to Watch Who Do You Think You Are? Season 20
Who Do You Think You Are? Season 20 will premiere in the UK on Thursday, June 1, 2023, via BBC One at 9 pm local time. Each new episode will be available to stream on the BBC iPlayer (available only in the UK) platform soon after its TV broadcast ends.
The exact number of episodes for the latest season was not announced, but we know that each is 60 minutes long, and we’ll see one new episode a week on Thursdays.
How to Watch Who Do You Think You Are? Season 20 Online from Anywhere
We all use live TV and streaming services to watch our favorite titles online in our home country, but these are geo-restricted, and this also applies when it comes to the British BBC iPlayer service. You will not be able to access it from outside the UK without a workaround - a tool that helps change your IP address to one from a UK location where the geo-blocks are off. This is why we suggest you use a VPN subscription to watch Who Do You Think You Are? Season 20 online from abroad.
ExpressVPN is one of the best VPNs on the market, and it works with almost all of the popular streaming platforms, including BBC iPlayer, ITVX, Hulu, Netflix, Prime Video, Britbox, All4, and My5, among others. A subscription offers thousands of servers around the world, no bandwidth caps, no logs, great encryption, high speeds, and stable connections. Plus, the money-back guarantee lets you virtually try ExpressVPN for 30 days RISK-FREE.
To get started, create an account on the company’s website by filling in the signup form and paying. Keep in mind the annual option has a hefty discount when you subscribe to ExpressVPN (49% Discount & Get 3 Months FREE). Now, download and install the native app for your device or system. Next, launch the VPN app, pick a UK server, and switch it on. Finally, access the platform to stream Who Do You Think You Are? Season 20.
How to Watch Who Do You Think You Are? Season 20 Online for Free in the UK
The series will air on BBC One, and you can stream Who Do You Think You Are? Season 20 on BBC iPlayer for free, as you just need to create a free account with the service and log into your account to watch the episodes online. You will also find other fan-favorite BBC shows here, such as MasterChef, Peaky Blinders, Love Island UK, Shetland, Gentleman Jack, Call the Midwife, The Gold, and Eastenders.
BBC iPlayer is geo-restricted and does not work outside the UK, but a capable top-ranked VPN tool can easily bypass geo-restrictions as long as you run the VPN in the background via a server located back home.
Can I Watch Who Do You Think You Are? Season 20 Online in the US, Canada, and Australia?
Unfortunately, you won’t find this title anywhere else for the moment, but the British version of the show’s latest season is expected to premiere later in 2023 on BritBox US.
Until then, you can use a good VPN app to unblock BBC iPlayer and stream Who Do You Think You Are? Season 20 online in the US, Canada, Australia, and anywhere else in the world. Just run the app in the background via a UK server before loading the streaming service for this to work.
Who Do You Think You Are? Season 20 Episode Guide
- Season 20, Episode 1: Andrew Lloyd Webber (June 1, 2023) - Andrew Lloyd Webber is a global superstar of musical theatre, still writing and producing blockbuster shows. He has also combined his nose for business with his love of architecture by renovating the Theatre Royal Drury Lane to its original condition. Andrew knows he comes from a musical family, including virtuoso cellist brother, Julian - but he'd love to find out where his showbiz genes and his love of musical theatre come from.
- Season 20, Episode 2: Claire Foy (June 8, 2023) - Actress Claire Foy is best known for playing the young Queen Elizabeth in The Crown. Having enjoyed researching the lives of her onscreen characters, she's now looking forward to delving into the lives of her own ancestors. Claire starts with a visit to see her mum and her 93-year-old grandad. After reminiscing about their Irish roots, her grandad tells Claire the tragic story of his father, Claire's great-grandfather, Charles Stimpson, who was killed on his motorbike.
- Season 20, Episode 3 (June 15, 2023)
- Season 20, Episode 4 (June 22, 2023)
- Season 20, Episode 5 (June 29, 2023)