Champion is a British TV musical series about modern Black music culture in the UK. We have the release date, cast, plot, trailer, episode guide and release schedule, and other important details. Also, streaming the episodes online for free is easy, so keep reading.
The plot follows siblings Bosco and Vita Champion of South London, who risk a musical rivalry that could drive their family apart. The question asked is whether fame and family can coexist, so brace yourself because loyalty, pride, and ego are on the line.
"Rap sensation" Bosco Champion returns home from prison ready to step back into his place in the music industry but finds that his younger sister Vita is performing, discovered by Bosco’s rival. Vita now focuses on her own career as a performer, but this decision is what starts tensions and a sibling rivalry.
The drama is written by writer and novelist Candice Carty-Williams in her debut original television project and features original music from Ray BLK and grime artist Ghetts.
"Champion is a celebration of black music and of a black family, however fragmented that family might be, and I can’t wait for the world to see their story. Since I knew what music was, I’ve loved grime and UK rap and neo-soul, to the point of obsession," said Carty-Williams.
Let’s see where, when, and how to watch Champion online free from home, on the go, or even while traveling abroad.
When and Where to Watch Champion
The Champion musical series will premiere in the UK on Saturday, July 1, 2023, via BBC One at 9:15 pm local time. It will stream on BBC iPlayer (available in the UK only) soon after the premiere broadcast ends on TV and on Netflix internationally (in the US, Canada, Australia, and more) later.
It has 8 episodes, each 45 minutes long, and the full season lands on iPlayer on the series' premiere day.
How to Watch Champion Online from Anywhere
Geo-restrictions are common for streaming services that enable you to watch content online in your home country nowadays. BBC iPlayer is blocked outside the UK, and Netflix isn't available in China, North Korea, Crimea, Russia, and Syria while having slightly different libraries in each country where it exists, so you should use a VPN subscription to watch Champion online since it can change your IP address.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN on the market right now, with thousands of VPN servers worldwide that instantly work with many streaming platforms, including BBC iPlayer, ITVX, Netflix, Prime Video, and more. You can even try ExpressVPN for 30 days RISK-FREE via the no-questions-asked money-back guarantee policy and enjoy high speeds, stable connections, unlimited bandwidth, and great encryption.
To get started, enter your details in the signup form and pay to create your account on the company’s website. The annual plan is heavily discounted when you subscribe to ExpressVPN (49% Discount and Get 3 Months FREE). Next, download the app made for your device or system and install it. Then, launch the VPN app on your device and switch it via a server from a country where the desired platform works. Lastly, access the service to stream Champion.
How to Watch Champion Online for Free in the UK
The new musical series airs on BBC One, so you can stream Champion on BBC iPlayer for free - just log in with your free account credentials to unblock titles. The service’s library includes many other popular BBC shows, including MasterChef, Peaky Blinders, Inside No. 9, The Gallows Pole: This Valley Will Rise, Shetland, Gentleman Jack, Call the Midwife, The Gold, and Eastenders.
BBC iPlayer is blocked outside the UK, but you can circumvent the geo-restrictions while traveling with a good VPN tool running via a UK server.
Can I Watch Champion Online in the US, Canada, and Australia?
Champion is not available outside the UK at the moment, but it is set to land on Netflix for audiences in the US, Canada, Australia, and more.
However, if you don’t want to wait, you can always use a powerful and secure VPN app to unblock BBC iPlayer and stream Champion online for free from the US, Canada, Australia, and anywhere else in the world via a UK server.
Champion 2023 Musical Series Cast
- Déja J Bowens as Vita Champion
- Malcolm Kamulete as Bosco Champion
- Ray BLK as Honey Igwe
- Nadine Marshall as Aria Champion
- Ray Fearon as is Beres Champion
- Jo Martin as Dawn
- Kerim Hassan as Memet Karagoz
- Adeyinka Akinrinade as Chantelle
- Tom Forbes as Mark
- Genesis Lynea as Tayo
- Karl Collins as Lennox
- Francis Lovehall as Laurent
- Corey Weekes as Bulla
- Rachel Adedeji as Yemi
- Olivia-Rose Colliard as Milan
- Keiren Hamilton-Amos as Rusty
- Grace Farrell as Amber
- Priscilla Fagbemi as Jade
- Fergus Rees as Philip
Champion Musical Series Episode Guide and Release Schedule
- Season 1 Episode 1: Champion versus Champion (July 1, 2023) - As famous British rapper Bosco Champion attempts a comeback, his dutiful sister Vita discovers that her own talent could take her to the top. It’s Champion vs. Champion now.
- Season 1 Episode 2: The Clash (July 1 on iPlayer and July 8 on TV) - Vita’s attempts to record her first single leave her at loggerheads with both her emotionally fraught brother and her jealous best friend.
- Season 1 Episode 3: Better Off on My Own (July 1 on iPlayer and July 15 on TV) - As Vita’s star starts to rise and Bosco’s appears to fall, the siblings must decide what kind of people and artists they want to be – with potentially devastating consequences.
- Season 1 Episode 4: It's Big Rusty (July 1 on iPlayer and July 22 on TV) - Bosco’s mental health strains and breaks under the pressure of touring. Meanwhile, Vita makes a decision she may later come to regret.
- Season 1 Episode 5: I Love Her Man (July 1 on iPlayer and July 29 on TV) - In the tug of war between her career and her family, Vita finds herself dragged back towards family loyalties as Bosco’s wild behavior can no longer be ignored.
- Season 1 Episode 6: Dat Is It (July 1 on iPlayer and August 5 on TV) - Aria and Vita are forced together for a funeral. But a family rapprochement is ruined when long-buried secrets come to the surface.
- Season 1 Episode 7: Moist Yute (July 1 on iPlayer and August 12 on TV) - As Vita’s career goes from strength to strength, and Bosco’s life seems to fall apart, will Vita finally be able to step away from her dysfunctional family and into her future?
- Season 1 Episode 8: Rise of the Phoenix (July 1 on iPlayer and August 19 on TV) - Six months on, Vita realizes she doesn’t want it all if it means leaving her brother behind. Meanwhile, Bosco’s healing journey changes everything.