The Gallows Pole: This Valley Will Rise will be adapting Benjamin Myers' novel set in 18th-century Yorkshire, and we have the premiere date, plot, episode release schedule, and other details. Moreover, you’ll be able to stream the Shane Meadows series online quite easily from anywhere in the world you may be, so keep reading to find out everything.
This Is England writer-director Shane Meadows has a new crime series, as he fictionalizes the remarkable true story of the rise of David Hartley and the Cragg Vale Coiners at the onset of the industrial revolution.
Set in the moorland hills of Yorkshire, the drama follows the enigmatic Hartley as he assembles a gang of weavers and land-workers to embark upon a revolutionary criminal enterprise that will capsize the economy and become the biggest fraud in British history.
Music on the series comes from the Swedish psychedelic band Goat. So, let’s see where, when, and how to easily watch The Gallows Pole: This Valley Will Rise online from anywhere, even on the go or while traveling abroad.
When and Where to Watch The Gallows Pole: This Valley Will Rise
The first episode of The Gallows Pole: This Valley Will Rise will air in the UK on Wednesday, May 31, 2023, on BBC Two at 9 pm local time.
The season will have 3 episodes, each 60 minutes long. We’ll get one new episode a week on Wednesdays on TV, while all of them will stream for free as a boxset soon after the season premiere broadcast ends via the BBC iPlayer platform (only available in the UK).
How to Watch The Gallows Pole: This Valley Will Rise Online From Anywhere
The British BBC iPlayer service is geo-restricted, just like all the live TV and streaming services out there that we use to watch our favorite content online in our home countries nowadays. This means you will need a workaround to circumvent the blockades while abroad, and there is a tool that can help you change your IP address to a UK one. You can forget about this small setback if you use a VPN subscription to watch The Gallows Pole: This Valley Will Rise online from anywhere.
ExpressVPN works with most of your favorite streaming platforms in a few moments, such as BBC iPlayer, ITVX, All4, My5, Britbox, Hulu, Netflix, Prime Video, and others. This tool offers high speeds, stable connections, unlimited bandwidth, no logs, 24/7 chat support, and the best encryption protocols. This is the best VPN on the market right now, and you can even try ExpressVPN for 30 days RISK-FREE via the money-back guarantee.
To get started, fill in your details and see the payment through, as it only takes a few minutes to do so. We should mention the annual plan has a huge discount when you subscribe to ExpressVPN (49% discount & get 3 months FREE) on the company’s website. Next, download and install the native app for your device. Then, launch and run the VPN app using a UK server to remove the geo-restrictions. Lastly, load the service to stream The Gallows Pole: This Valley Will Rise online.
How to Watch The Gallows Pole: This Valley Will Rise Online for Free in the UK
The upcoming series will air on BBC Two, and all the episodes will become available to stream simultaneously via BBC iPlayer, where you can stream The Gallows Pole: This Valley Will Rise for free. To unlock the titles, you just need to own or create a free account with the platform and log into your account on the service. You will also find other famous BBC shows on this platform, such as MasterChef, Peaky Blinders, Shetland, Gentleman Jack, and Eastenders.
The BBC iPlayer service is only available in the UK, so you will need a capable VPN tool to remove the geo-blockade while being outside the country. Just remember to run the VPN in the background via a server located close to your home area to watch The Gallows Pole on BBC iPlayer.
Can I Watch The Gallows Pole: This Valley Will Rise Online in the US, Canada, and Australia?
We do not have a premiere date for the new series outside the UK, but you can still watch The Gallows Pole: This Valley Will Rise online for free in the US, Canada, Australia, and anywhere else if you lean on a safe and powerful VPN tool set to a UK server to unblock BBC iPlaye. You just need to run the app in the background before loading the streaming service for this to work.
The Gallows Pole: This Valley Will Rise Cast
- Michael Socha as David Hartley
- Sophie McShera as Grace Hartley
- Thomas Turgoose as William Hartley
- Ralph Ineson as The Clothier
- Samuel Edward-Cook as Isaac Hartley
- Yusra Warsama as Bethsheba
- Nicole Barber Lane as Susie
- Anthony Welsh as Abe Oldfield
- Joe Sproulle as Joe
- Adam Fogerty as James Broadbent
- Fine Time Fontayne as Joseph Broadbent
- Dave Perkins as Tom Hartley
- Charlotte Ockelton as Gwen Hartley
- Stevie Binns as Mand
- Olivia Pentelow as Hannah
- Jennifer Reid as Barb
- Soraya Jane Nabipour as Darya Hartley
- George MacKay
- Tom Burke
- Cara Theobold
- Eve Burley
- Bonnie Milnes
- Stuart Zubrzycki
- Jordan Preston
- Lee Thompson
- Ali Shaw
- Thomas Taylor
The Gallows Pole: This Valley Will Rise Episode Guide
- Season 1 Episode 1: The Resurrection of Dave (May 31, 2023, on iPlayer and TV) - West Yorkshire, early 1760s. David Hartley is returning to his family’s remote moor-top dwelling after seven years away in Birmingham. Gravely wounded and dragging a mysterious bag of tools, he receives help from six mythical stag-men, who let him know that his work on earth isn’t done yet.
- Season 1 Episode 2: Thy Had a Dream (May 31, 2023, on iPlayer and June 7 on TV) - After finding his community destitute, David introduces his kin to ‘clipping’ – the illegal forging of coins and David’s scheme to bring back dignity and security to his people.
- Season 1 Episode 3: The Anti-Heist (May 31, 2023, on iPlayer and June 14 on TV) - David’s gang partake in their first mission, focused on the rent-seeking, exploitative Clothier. David also aims to make amends with Grace, the 'jilted' love of his life.