The Curious Case of Natalia Grace is a new limited documentary series exploring a mystery ripped straight from the headlines, following a story much like The Orphan movie’s plot. We have all the information you may be looking for, including the premiere date, episode release schedule, and more. Plus, it will be incredibly easy to stream the episodes online from anywhere in the world you may be, so keep reading to find out everything.
Initially assumed to be a 6-year-old Ukrainian orphan with spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia, a rare bone growth disorder that can result in skeletal abnormalities as well as issues with hearing and vision, Natalia Barnett was adopted by Kristine and Michael Barnett in 2010. However, the happy family dynamic soured with allegations brought by the Barnetts that Natalia was an adult masquerading as a child with the intent to harm their family.
In 2013, Natalia was then discovered living on her own, igniting an investigation that led to Michael and Kristine's arrest and a firestorm of questions. Featuring exclusive interviews with members of Natalia's adoptive family, the Barnetts, never-before-seen footage, and testimony from a colorful cast of characters, this docuseries offers a journey into an astonishing odyssey riddled with unbelievably shocking allegations and explosive revelations.
This being said, let’s see when, where, and how to watch The Curious Case of Natalia Grace online, even on the go or while traveling abroad.
When and Where to Watch The Curious Case of Natalia Grace
The Curious Case of Natalia Grace premieres in the US on Monday, May 29, 2023, via the Investigation Discovery (ID) network from 9 pm ET. This means you can also watch it on the Discovery Plus streaming platform (available in the US, Canada, the UK, and several other countries) soon after the broadcast ends.
The limited series has 6 episodes, each one hour long, that will air on a two-per-day schedule over the course of three consecutive days.
How to Watch The Curious Case of Natalia Grace Online from Anywhere
All live TV and streaming platforms that make it easy to watch content online in your home country have geo-restrictions. Discovery Plus is unavailable outside the US, the UK, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Spain, and Sweden, and has slightly different libraries where it exists, so you may lose access while traveling. However, using a VPN subscription to watch The Curious Case of Natalia Grace online will help you change your IP address.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN on the market, and it seamlessly works with tons of popular streaming services in a few moments, such as Discovery Plus, Prime Video, Hulu, Netflix, and more, and you can use the money-back guarantee to try ExpressVPN for 30 days RISK-FREE. This tool provides thousands of VPN servers in over 90 countries worldwide, high speeds, stable connections, no bandwidth caps and no logs, 24/7 chat support, and great encryption.
There is also a hefty discount for the annual plan on the company’s website when you subscribe to ExpressVPN (49% discount and get 3 months FREE). To get started, enter the required details and create your account. Once the payment is processed, download, install, and launch the app for your device or system. Next, pick a server from a location where blockades don’t apply and turn on the VPN app. Lastly, load the streaming platform to stream The Curious Case of Natalia Grace.
How to Watch The Curious Case of Natalia Grace Online in the US Without Cable
In the US, you will be able to stream The Curious Case of Natalia Grace on Discovery+. This streaming platform’s subscription fees start at $4.99 per month, and you can go for the other plan for $6.99 per month if you don’t like commercials. The service offers a 7-day free trial for new clients.
You can add the commercial-free Discovery Plus on Prime Video as a Prime channel for $4.99 per month and get a 7-day free trial. The Prime membership costs $14.99 a month and Prime has an extensive 30-day free trial.
You can also live stream Investigation Discovery since several live TV services have it in their offering. Let's check out your options at the moment.
- Hulu + Live TV: The Investigation Discovery network is offered by the Hulu + Live TV service, where prices start at $69.99 per month with the ad-supported version, which bundles the Live TV service and the popular On-Demand library. Get Disney Plus and ESPN Plus for free!
- fuboTV: This sports-oriented service has several plans that also include some entertainment networks, and Investigation Discovery is among them. The subscription prices start at $74.99 per month. Start your 7-day free trial on fuboTV.
- Philo: The Philo streaming platform has a single plan, and subscription offers over 70 live channels, with Investigation Discovery on the list, and over 50,000 titles on demand for $25 a month. Get a 7-day free trial on Philo.
- Sling TV: The Investigation Discovery network is featured in all three plans this streaming platform offers. Subscription prices start at $40 per month with the base plans, and you can customize with tons of add-ons and extras here. Get $10 OFF your first month on Sling TV.
- YouTube TV: This service has a single plan that includes Investigation Discovery among the over 85 top channels here, and the fee is $64.99 for your first 3 months and then $72.99 per month. Start your 14-day free trial on YouTube TV.
- ID website: You will also find The Curious Case of Natalia Grace on the ID website, where you need to log in with your TV provider credentials from a live TV service or a cable company.
All the streaming platforms mentioned above are geo-restricted, so you will need to use a popular VPN app to unblock them while traveling away from the US. More details in the previous segment.
Can I Watch The Curious Case of Natalia Grace Online in the UK, Australia, and Canada?
Unfortunately, there is no news regarding the premiere date for this documentary series outside the US.
However, you can always rely on a capable VPN app to watch The Curious Case of Natalia Grace live stream online in the UK, Australia, Canada, and anywhere else via one of the services mentioned in the US segment. For this to work, pick a server from the US.
The Curious Case of Natalia Grace Episode Guide
- Season 1 Episode 1: Orphan or Imposter? (May 29, 2023) - The Barnetts adopt Natalia, an alleged six-year-old orphan from Ukraine, but the couple fears they may have an adult in their home who could want to hurt them.
- Season 1 Episode 2: Meet the Barnetts (May 29, 2023)
- Season 1 Episode 3: Victim or Villain? (May 30, 2023)
- Season 1 Episode 4: Nightmare Neighbor (May 30, 2023) - Now re-aged as an adult and living alone, Natalia wreaks havoc at her new apartment by sexually propositioning and stalking the residents. Meanwhile, the Barnett's truly sinister side emerges as they face a social services investigation into Natalia.
- Season 1 Episode 5: Barnett vs. Barnett (May 31, 2023) - At Michael's trial, he turns on his former wife while the judge makes a ruling that could help his case; Kristin's trial looms in the distance as Michael awaits his fate, and a mysterious witness has information that could impact both Barnetts.
- Season 1 Episode 6: Punch or Be Punched (May 31, 2023) - Michael's trial is at hand, and he must face the consequences of his actions toward Natalia.