Scotland's Home of the Year Season 5 is set to premiere soon, and we have the premiere date, cast, plot, episode release schedule, and other details you may be interested in. The best thing is you’ll be able to stream it online quite easily from anywhere in the world you may be, so keep reading to find out all there is to know.
If you are not familiar with this show, know that it follows three property experts as they scour the country on the hunt for Scotland’s Home of the Year. In this returning season, the judging panel is made of Glasgow architect Danny Campbell and interior designers Banjo Beale and Anna-Campbell Jones. Danny and Banjo will take over from judges Michael Angus and Kate Spiers, who have left to pursue new projects.
In this series, the judges travel the country in search of Scotland's best homes, and in each episode, they must choose from three homes, scoring them on architectural merit, distinctive design, and original style.
So, let’s see where, when, and how to easily watch Scotland's Home of the Year Season 5 online, be it from home, on the go, or even while traveling abroad.
When and Where to Watch Scotland's Home of the Year Season 5
Scotland's Home of the Year Season 5 series aired in the UK on BBC One Scotland on Monday, May 15, 2023, at 8:30 pm local time, and you’ll also be able to stream each episode online via the BBC iPlayer platform (only available in the UK) soon after the TV broadcast ends.
The latest season has seven episodes, and they will be released on TV and on iPlayer on a one-per-week schedule on Mondays.
How to Watch Scotland's Home of the Year Season 5 Online from Anywhere
We all use at least one of the many live TV and streaming services available in our home country to watch our favorite titles online, but these are geo-restricted. The BBC iPlayer service has the same impediment, and this means it is blocked outside the UK. Don’t worry, you can still access it using a workaround, and you can easily circumvent the blockades with a tool that can help you change your IP address to one from a location where the geo-blockade is off. So, we suggest you use a VPN to watch Scotland's Home of the Year Season 5 online from anywhere.
Looking for the best VPNs on the market today? ExpressVPN works with many of your favorite streaming platforms, including BBC iPlayer, ITVX, Britbox, All4, My5, Hulu, Netflix, Prime Video, and many others. A subscription offers thousands of VPN servers worldwide, no bandwidth caps and no logs, high speeds, stable connections, 24/7 chat support, and tight encryption. Moreover, you can virtually try ExpressVPN for 30 days RISK-FREE courtesy of the money-back guarantee policy.
If you decide this tool suits you and want to keep it, you should pick the annual plan when you create your account on the company’s website and subscribe to ExpressVPN (49% Discount and Get 3 Months FREE). To get started, fill in the signup form with the requested details and see the payment through to be able to download the app made for your device. Once the installation is complete, launch the app and switch on the VPN after selecting a UK server. Finally, load the platform to stream Scotland's Home of the Year Season 5 from anywhere.
How to Watch Scotland's Home of the Year Season 5 Online for Free in the UK
The series will be broadcast on BBC One Scotland starting May 15, and this means BBC’s streaming service will host it as well. Each new episode will become available to stream soon after it airs on TV, and you can stream Scotland's Home of the Year Season 5 for free via BBC iPlayer. You will need to have or create a free account with the service and log into your account to unlock this series and all the other famous BBC shows in this platform’s library, such as MasterChef, Peaky Blinders, Shetland, Gentleman Jack, and Eastenders.
BBC iPlayer is geo-restricted and cannot be accessed from outside the UK. However, a good VPN tool can easily bypass geo-restrictions as long as you run the VPN in the background via a server located back home before accessing the streaming service.
Can I Watch Scotland's Home of the Year Season 5 Online in the US, Canada, and Australia?
Sadly, tons of BBC titles don’t make it abroad, and this interior design series is not available anywhere outside the UK for the moment. However, you can still stream Scotland's Home of the Year Season 5 online for free in the US, Canada, Australia, and anywhere else as long as you use a secure and capable VPN app to unblock BBC iPlayer. Just set it to a UK server and run the VPN app in the background before loading the streaming platform.
Scotland's Home of the Year Season 5 Episode Guide
- Season 5, Episode 1: East (May 15, 2023) - In the east, the judges must choose between a Victorian renovation in Edinburgh, a refurbished Victorian apartment in Kirkcaldy, and a nineties conversion in Fife, scoring them on architectural merit, distinctive design, and original style.
- Season 5, Episode 2: North East and the Northern Isles (May 22, 2023) - The judges must choose between a Victorian renovation in Oldmeldrum, a contemporary build just outside St Cyrus, and a self-build property in Orkney.
- Season 5, Episode 3: Central (May 29, 2023) - In the central region, the judges must choose between a unique new build in Bridge of Allan, a 19th century B-listed former manse in Auchterarder and a traditional cottage in Dunblane. Scoring them on architectural merit, distinctive design and original style, which home will Anna, Michael and Banjo judge worthy enough to go forward to the grand final?
- Season 5, Episode 4: South (June 5, 2023) - In the south, the judges must choose between a new build eco house in Dumfries and Galloway, a former milking barn with contemporary extension also in Dumfries and Galloway and an historic renovation on the outskirts of Peebles. Scoring them on architectural merit, distinctive design and original style, which home will Anna, Michael and Banjo judge worthy enough to go forward to the grand final?
- Season 5, Episode 5: Highlands and Islands (June 12, 2023) - In the highlands and islands, the judges must choose between a Finnish kit house in Fort William, a self-build in the Isle of Skye and an historic croft house conversion, also in Skye. Scoring them on architectural merit, distinctive design and original style, which home will Anna, Michael and Banjo judge worthy enough to go forward to the grand final?
- Season 5, Episode 6: West (June 19, 2023) - In the west, the judges must choose between an Edwardian renovation in Glasgow, an extended 1950s bungalow in Kirkintilloch and a converted Victorian villa in Greenock.
- Season 5, Episode 7: Final (June 26, 2023) - The judges have travelled the country in their search for Scotland’s home of the year and now the six regional winners go head to head for the title.