Glow Up: Britain’s Next Make-Up Star has prepared new episodes that are set to air soon, and you’ll be able to stream the contest show online from anywhere in the world you may be. We have the premiere date, cast, episode guide and release schedule, and all the other important details, so keep reading to find out everything.
The latest season will put the make-up artists (MUAs) through exciting challenges to create various looks. Their work is then judged by the panel, and the two that least impress go head-to-head in a Face Off Elimination, with one of them going home.
The new season presents 10 new MUAs looking to become Britain’s Next Make-Up Star, and you will find the complete list below. The contestants will have to master every make-up style to impress judges Val Garland and Dominic Skinner. Leomie Anderson is joining the show as host, bringing supermodel glamour to the Glow Up studios.
With this said, let's see where, when, and how to easily watch Glow Up Season 5 online, be it from home, on the go, or even while traveling abroad.
When and Where to Watch Glow Up: Britain’s Next Make-Up Star Season 5
The Glow Up 2023 season premiered in the UK on Tuesday, May 2, 2023, on BBC Three at 8 pm local time. You will be able to stream the latest episode via the BBC iPlayer streaming platform (only available in the UK) for free at 6 am, before the TV broadcast.
The new season has 8 episodes, each around 60 minutes long. After the season premiere, we’ll get one new episode weekly on Wednesdays.
Coming up next: Glow Up Season 5 Episode 8 on June 21, 2023.
How to Watch Glow Up Season 5 Online for Free From Anywhere
BBC iPlayer is geo-restricted, and that is true for many of the services you use for easily streaming your favorite shows and movies online in your home country. Since BBC’s streaming platform is not available outside the UK, you will need a tool to change your IP address while abroad. The easiest way to unblock the service is to use a VPN subscription to watch Glow Up Season 5 online on iPlayer.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN on the market right now, and it seamlessly works with many popular streaming services, including BBC iPlayer, Britbox, ITVX, My5, All4, Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, and more. A subscription offers thousands of VPN servers in 160 VPN locations worldwide, stable connections, high speeds, unlimited bandwidth, and great encryption. You can even try ExpressVPN for 30 days RISK-FREE via the 30-day money-back guarantee.
You can pick the yearly option to save money when you subscribe to ExpressVPN (49% discount and get 3 months FREE) on the company’s website. First, provide the requested details and pay, then download and install the native app for your device. Next, launch the VPN app, pick a UK server, and turn it on. Lastly, access BBC’s service to stream Glow Up: Britain’s Next Make-Up Star Season 5.
How to Watch Glow Up Season 5 for Free in the UK
In the UK, the new season of the make-up contest series is broadcast on BBC Three, and this means BBC's website will also have the episodes, so you’ll be able to stream Glow Up Season 5 on BBC iPlayer for free after you log in with your free account credentials. You can also create a free account if you don’t own one and get access to this series and other fan-favorite BBC titles in the service’s library, such as MasterChef, Peaky Blinders, Shetland, Gentleman Jack, and Eastenders.
BBC’s streaming platform is geo-restricted, and you will only be able to access it from abroad via a safe and capable VPN app. Just run the app in the background via a UK server to easily bypass the geo-blockades while abroad.
Can I Watch Glow Up Season 5 Online in the US, Canada, and Australia?
At the moment, the new series was not confirmed to premiere outside the UK. However, we suggest you turn to a good VPN app to unblock BBC iPlayer and stream Glow Up: Britain’s Next Make-Up Star 2023 online for free in the US, Canada, Australia, and anywhere else in the world. For this to work, just pick a UK server and run the app before loading the platform.
Glow Up Season 5 Contestants
- Axel (he/they) - Now 27 years old, Axel is a computer arts student in Dundee. They love drag and transforming themselves into interdimensional beings.
- Howard (he/him) - He moved to London to study hospitality management, but at 30, he dreams of creating immaculate model looks and magazine cover-ready make-up.
- Keiran (he/they) - At 23, Keiran is an award-winning hairstylist in Cheshire who wants to prove they are as talented with a make-up brush.
- Morgan (she/her) - At 19, Morgan has her own business as a freelance make-up artist and a perfectionist.
- On-May (she/her) - The 21-year-old works as a retail make-up artist but also loves creating out-there characters based on film and TV make-up.
- Roo (they/them) - Make-up allowed Roo, 24, to discover their self-described “strange” and “wacky” sides – and led to them creating a drag king alter ego.
- Saphron (she/her) - 23-year-old Saphron now works part-time as a make-up artist who has learned to embrace their skin.
- Sarah (she/her) - Sarah, 25, studied biomedical science but became a freelance MUA who loves to work in a “very diverse” set of styles.
- Taisha (she/her) - The London resident was about to quit make-up after losing her brother to cancer and her job but decided to continue to honor her brother.
- Wezley (he/him) - 20-year-old Wezley is a freelance make-up artist with a client list that includes multiple glamour models.
Glow Up Season 5 Episode Guide and Release Schedule
- Season 5, Episode 1 (May 2, 2023) - It’s the MUAs' first assignment, and they’re heading to a film studio in Greater London, the set of one of Netflix’s biggest dramas: Bridgerton. In the crowd tent, they meet hair and make-up designer Erika Ökvist, their first tough boss who they need to impress.
- Season 5, Episode 2 (May 9, 2023) - Nine remaining make-up artists compete to impress on a beauty campaign for global brand Sephora before showing off their hometowns through make-up in the creative brief.
- Season 5, Episode 3 (May 16, 2023) - The MUAs get spooked on the set of Ghosts, trying to work in pairs to create plague victims. At Glow Up Studios, their special FX skills are tested with looks based on zodiac signs.
- Season 5, Episode 4 (May 24, 2023) - The MUAs broadcast to millions on P. Louise’s TikTok live. At Glow Up Studios, they are out to impress with a look based on their #core.
- Season 5, Episode 5 (May 31, 2023) - The MUAs' skills are pushed to the limit when they work in teams to produce digital looks for Adidas at Metaverse Fashion Week. Then, it's huge cartoon looks for the creative brief.
- Season 5, Episode 6 (June 7, 2023) - It's drag week! Under the watchful eye of Drag Race’s Trixie Mattel, it's the MUAs' toughest challenge yet, working on well-known drag artists ahead of doing drag on themselves.
- Season 5, Episode 7 (June 14, 2023) - At the Brit Awards, celebrity MUA Hector Espinal judges the MUAs as they attempt to get celebs red carpet ready. In the studio, the battle of the brushes continues for a place in the final.
- Season 5, Episode 8 (June 21, 2023) - The MUAs' final assignment: a masterclass in front of the Kardashians' MUA, Hrush, and other industry experts at Harvey Nicks. Who will be crowned Britain’s Next Make-Up Star?