During the last couple of years, the popularity of Chinese media has spread all over the world. This has created a need for Web-based live streams if Chinese movies and TV shows. Even though services like Netflix cater to this need up to a certain point, we’re still far from having a decent catalog of content. This is where Kodi comes into play. Thanks to its amazing features and easy installation method, Kodi has become the most popular source of content based on the Chinese language. This is why TechNadu has decided to bring you a list of Chinese Kodi addons.
The truth about Chinese Kodi addons is there are a lot of them – and all of them come from unofficial addons. However, you need to know where to look. Many of those addons don’t work or have a hard time streaming media, leaving you frustrated and unwilling to continue your search. This is why articles like this one are of great help. If you continue reading, you will get to learn about fully working and updated Chinese Kodi addons that can be installed right away.
We’d like to help our readers by providing in-depth guides that go beyond a simple list of addons. This is the reason why our guide contains step-by-step installation instructions and overviews of featured offered by Kodi addons. We promise that by the end of this article, you’ll have at least a couple of addons that you’ll use on a daily basis – if you’re craving for Chinese media, of course.
Disclaimer: The following software is designed for Kodi – which is an open-based software on its own. However, this software isn’t maintained by Kodi and doesn’t come through Kodi’s official channels. Still, this software is publicly available and free of charge. Therefore, we don’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to use it. Furthermore, TechNadu doesn’t condone acts such as piracy or copyright infringement. Please note that we are not affiliated with the following software in any way. Please, carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
WARNING: Before You Continue…
A certain portion of Kodi users are at risk of receiving copyright infringement notices from their Internet Service Providers (ISPs). The truth is that many ISPs are capable of tracking your Web browsing habits and report different kinds of behaviors to authorities. In addition, it is known that ISPs collect personal information and sell this data to advertising agencies. Still, this can be stopped. We recommend using a VPN when watching content on Kodi.
- A VPN is your defense against malicious attacks. This kind of application encrypts your Internet connection and makes it highly secure. If you connected to the Web using an open Wi-Fi network, a VPN is the only way to ensure your protection against digital attacks.
- VPNs keep your personal data safe. As we said above, this addresses any concerns regarding data collection by ISPs. If you want to stop your ISP from collecting and possibly selling data about your Web browsing habits, this is the way to go.
- VPNs are used to access region-locked content. When it comes to enjoying content on Kodi, this is perhaps the most important thing. Quite often, you’ll encounter content that is locked to a certain geographical region. Using a VPN, you automatically change your IP address that is used to trace your whereabouts. With a new IP address, you can change your location digitally and watch previously locked content.
All of the above said benefits can be found in IPVanish. This is one of the most popular VPN applications that offers plenty of useful features. IPVanish encrypts your Internet connection, keep your computer and your personal data safe, and breaks through censorship and locked content. On top of that, this VPN application doesn’t throttle the speed of your Internet connection, which is often the case with this type of software.
Download IPVanish today. You can start using it for as low as $6.95 per month which is a fair price considering the numerous benefits this application brings.
Best Chinese Kodi Addons
Finally, you’ve arrived to TechNadu’s list of the best Chinese Kodi Addons. All of the following addons can be used to stream movies, as well as to access IPTV (Live TV channels). Some of them even go a few steps further and allow you to watch live sports channels – over the Web.
Without further ado, let’s jump right in.
Halow Live TV
The first addon on our list of Kodi addons is Halow Live TV. As you can see, this addon specializes in streaming TV channels live.
Many Kodi addons come and go. Since they are built and maintained by volunteer developers, it’s easy to understand that they need a lot of time and effort to keep them alive. The good news is that Halow Live TV has been around for quite some time and is known for offering a lot of quality content.
Halow Live TV isn’t just about Chinese media. However, it has a dedication section where you can watch live TV from all around the world. The main screen shows numerous options like Movies, YouTube, 24/7 Shows, Music TV, and more. You’ll also find two dedicated sections for sports fans: Live Sport and Sports Replays. No matter if you enjoy watching NFL, baseball, hockey, or any other sport – this is where you’ll find what you need.
To get to Chinese content on Hallow Live TV, navigate to Country Channels (home screen) > Country Channels > Chinia Live TV. Once inside, you will find close to 200 channels. However, not all of them work at all times. You’ll have to try on your own and find a live stream that works.
Continue reading to learn how to install Halow Live TV.
- Open Kodi and navigate to the System menu (the Gear Icon in the top-left corner).
- Go to File Manager > Add Source.
- Now click on the message that says <None>. You will be asked to enter an address of a repository. Use this: http://repo.halowtv.org. Name your new source and hit OK.
- Go back to the home screen of Kodi and click on Add-ons from the left-positioned menu.
- In the upper left corner, you’ll find an icon representing an Open Box. Click on it.Open Box. Click on it.
- Choose ‘Install from ZIP file’. Navigate to your new repository and open it. Inside, you’ll find one ZIP file. Click on it to add it to Kodi.
- Now go back one step and choose ‘Install from Repository’. Inside, find the Halow Repository and open it.
- Open the Video-Addons folder inside the repository and find Halow Live TV. It should be at the top of the list.
- Open the addon and use the Install button to finalize the process.
- A few seconds after, your new addon will be installed and placed in the Add-ons section.
We considered DramaGO as one of the best addons of this kind. This is because this addon doesn’t only bring the latest movies to Kodi, as well as TV shows. It features an intuitive navigation, fully working links, and features an incredible library of content. DramaGO’s library of content that is unparalleled in the world of Kodi addons.
Once opened, DramaGO shows plenty of helpful options: Recently Added Movies, Recently Added TV Shows, Movies A-Z, TV Shows A-Z, Genres, and more. It also features a search functionality, so you can easily find a specific title that you’d like to watch.
We would also like to mention that for each of the offered titles, you have several mirrors to choose from. You will hardly find a movie that comes with broken links. In addition, streams and problem-free and doesn’t have any buffering issues.
DramaGO isn’t only for those of you who speak Chinese. The majority of offered titles come with English subtitles. If you’re interested in Chinese cinematography, this is the way go to. As said above – this is undoubtedly one of the best Chinese Kodi addons. Just imagine having such library available via Kodi on your smart TV.
Follow these steps to install DramaGO:
- Open Kodi and go to the System menu – use the top-left placed Gear Icon.
- Navigate to File Manager > Add Source. Once inside, click on the message that reads <None>.
- Now carefully paste the following URL: http://srp.nu. While the pop-up screen is shown, you will also need to name your new repository. You can go with ‘SuperRepo’.
- Now go back to Kodi’s first screen. From there, open Add-Ons from the main menu (on the left side).
- Now click on the Open Box icon – upper left corner. Once inside, click on ‘Install from ZIP file’.
- Navigate to SuperRepo. Click on this folder and you’ll see different versions of Kodi. Please note that the newest version is codenamed Krypton, so you can use that one. Inside you’ll find the ZIP file that needs to be installed.
- Once installed, return one step until you see ‘Install from Repository’. If you get lost, you can return to the home screen of Kodi and click on Add-ons. This is where you’ll find this option.
- Now find SuperRepo on this list. Its name might come with some additions based on which version you have installed. Once inside, click on the Video Add-ons folder. Inside you’ll find DramaGO (as dramago).
- Open the addons and use the Install button.
- DramaGO will be placed in the Add-Ons section, where you can find and launch it.
This addon brings different streaming services under one roof. Some of the supported streaming media websites found here are 5ivdo, Sohu, Youku, and more. It also comes contained within a repository that brings a number of similar addons. Make sure to check out this repository after you install 5ivdo.
5ivdo brings a lot of HD content for Kodi. You will get to browse the catalog based on different media sources and formats. As you can expect, you can browse movies and TV shows nicely organized into grids and lists.
Unlike other Chinese Kodi addons on this list, 5ivdo features menus and options written in Chinese. In order to decode them, you need to install this language to your Kodi. Here’s how it’s done:
- From the Home Screen, go to Add-ons from the left-positioned menu.
- Now go to Download > Look and Feel > Language Add-ons > Chinese (Traditional).
- Once you install the add-on, Kodi will be able to show Chinese texts.
Now it’s time to add 5ivo do your Kodi. Use the following guide:
- First, you need to download a repository contained within a ZIP file. Use this link to download it but don’t unzip it.
- Now open Kodi and go to Add-ons. Choose ‘Install from ZIP file’.
- In the newly opened window, navigate to the downloaded ZIP file. You will have to access it through your hard drive. Once you find it, just simply need to click on it. After a couple of seconds, this repository will be installed.
- Go back one step until you see ‘Install from Repository’. Inside you’ll find ‘Chinese Add-ons’. Once you enter it, open the Video Add-ons folder.
- Inside you’ll find 5ivdo among a list of available addons. Open it and use the Install button to finalize the procedure.
- 5ido will be placed inside the Add-ons section from where you can launch it.
This addon is one of the best live TV addons that brings content from all around the world. However, it also has a nice selection of Chinese TV channels that can be streamed live. cCloud TV is one of the most widely-used addons with a nice selection of content, making us sure you’ll enjoy it.
Upon launching cCloud TV, you will see a long list of different categories. As you can expect, they act as filters for different kinds of content. Some of the available ones are Top 10, English, Sports, Documentary, Entertainment, Music, and more. There’s also an always-handy search option that can be used to find a specific TV channel from the home screen.
To get to Chinese TV stations you only need to use the last option on the home screen, named ‘Non-English / International’. As its name implies, this is where you’ll find channels based on other languages than English. A number of Chinese TV channels are available in the bottom portion of the list. We tried every stream, and we’re happy to say that all of them work without a problem. However, please note that the available channels are based on Mandarin Chinese.
Exodus deserves its place among Chinese Kodi addons due to its nice selection of both movies and TV shows. This is perhaps one of the nicest addons you can currently find that is also well-maintained as well.
Exodus brings an incredibly large selection of content that is nicely organized via its home screen. You can find options like Movies, TV Shows, New Movies, New Episodes, and Search. There are also other options like My Movies and My TV Shows that allow you to connect your IMDB account and create custom lists of favorites. Finally, the last option on the home screen allows you to perform search queries.
Once you enter any of these options, you will see different methods for filtering the content. For example, the Movies section brings options like Genres, Year, People, Languages, Most Popular, and many other. The Languages section is where you can find localized content that goes much beyond Chinese media. For example, if you’re intrigued by Indian cinema, this is the place to go. You will find content from all over the world.
So, to get to Chinese content from Exodus’ main screen, go to Movies (or TV shows) > Languages > Chinese. This is where you’ll see a list of available titles. Every entry comes with a short synopsis and a large artwork. What more can we ask from one of the best Chinese Kodi addons?
Installation of Exodus is very simple and TechNadu already offers an in-depth guide. However, we would also like to point you to other highly-useful Kodi addon. These are Covenant and Genesis Reborn. The reason why these addons don’t have their own section here is that they are clones of Exodus. Addon named Covenant is identical to Exodus, while Genesis Reborn for Kodi is slightly different but brings similar content. Both of them are amazing alternatives to Exodus.
This is where we conclude our list of Chinese Kodi addons. We hope you found this guide useful, as well as that you’ve managed to install addons from our list. As you can see, Kodi is an unbelievably capable platform and its selection of Chinese Kodi addons certainly prove that. No matter if you like to watch your homeland’s TV channels and movies, or if you’re in love with Chinese culture, Kodi is your ally. Additionality, if you found the above-mentioned addons too complicated, you can find some amazing Kodi builds already equipped with everything you might need.
Do you enjoy watching Chinese media? Do you have any recommendations for Chinese movies and TV shows? We’d like to hear what you think. Also, if you think we forgot to mention other useful Chinese Kodi addons, tell us in the comments section below.