Although many of us may still feel a bit down that The Originals ended, we still have Legacies so we can watch this show instead. A new season of Legacies is landing on The CW this fall, and it’s time to watch the show without cable.
Legacies is a drama series that is actually a spin-off from The Originals and features characters both from that series and The Vampire Diaries. Hope Mikaelson is played by Danielle Rose Russell, and she’s the daughter of Klaus Mikaelson and Hayley Marshall from The Originals.
— Legacies (@cwlegacies) September 12, 2019
The first time legacies aired was in October 2018, and by January, they had already ordered a second season. It is unclear how many episodes the second season will have, because the first one had 16 of them, so we expect to see something along those same lines this year.
When and Where to Watch Legacies?
Legacies is returning for the second season on October 10th, 2019. The show will start at 9 PM so you have plenty of time to settle in for the evening.
How Can I Live Stream Legacies?
It is especially easy to watch TV online nowadays because there are so many live TV platforms ready to help you out. In order to watch The CW and enjoy Legacies, we advise you to check out fuboTV. Start your fuboTV 7-Day free trial today! There is a single bundle of channels here and it does include The CW among the 100 networks available.
Besides the main bundle, you can customize your platform by adding extra channel packs and premium networks as well. fuboTV works on a ton of platforms, including Amazon Fire TV, Android phones and tablets, iOS phones and tablets, Android TV, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Roku, and even Samsung Smart TVs. (Note: You should keep in mind that fubo TV is a platform that only works in the United States so if you travel outside of the country you’re going to need to use a VPN to make it work. Click here to learn how you can use one.)
Here’s what you need to do to set up fuboTV and start your 7-day free trial:
- First, you have to visit the fuboTV website and tap the “Start free trial” button.
- You then have to provide your email and a password so that you can start setting up your account. Using social login buttons from Facebook and Twitter will also work.
- It’s then time to start building your account. The fubo Standard plan is the barebones main bundle, with over 100 channels. The other plans – Family, Family Deluxe, and Premium – feature fubo Standard and extra channel packs and features, at discount prices.
- Once you have chosen the bundle that you want to go for, you can go ahead and customize the rest of the plan by adding any of the extra channel packs and premium networks, or even add-ons to expand the Cloud DVR storage space and the number of devices that you can enjoy content on.
- You then have to follow up and provide your credit card information so they can set up the payment process. You will not get billed until the 7-Day free trial is over so you don’t need to worry about that for a while.
Other Ways to Watch Legacies
Hulu – We are going to start with Hulu, which is a great single bundle platform that you may be very well familiar with. Start your 7-Day free trial on Hulu today! On top of the channels from the main bundle, you can also add a couple of extra packs and premium networks if you need more content.
YouTube TV – We also have YouTube TV on the list, which is another single bundle platform that will allow users to record unlimited videos to the Cloud, and watch content on three devices at the same time. There are no extra channels packs to get on YouTube TV, but there are quite a few premium networks that you may want to add or, at the very least, check out.
What Can I Do to Watch Legacies Outside of the United States?
Using live TV platforms can give you a lot of freedom but they will also come with some limitations that you may find out about at some point. Live TV platforms and streaming services, in general, have to respect licensing deals which means that you won’t be able to watch your favorite shows when traveling outside of the United States. This can be extremely annoying but there are ways that you can bypass the situation using a VPN to change your IP address and trick the site into thinking you are still in the United States. We only recommend the best on TechNadu, so we will direct you towards ExpressVPN, which has a ton of servers all over the world, and some tight security and privacy features.
Here is what you need to do to set up ExpressVPN so you can watch Legacies when traveling outside of the country:
- The first thing you have to do is to set up an account by subscribing to ExpressVPN (49% OFF). The whole process is super simple to follow so you won’t have any issues throughout it. You should know that they have a 30-day money-back guarantee policy so you can ask for a refund if there’s anything wrong with your app during this time.
- Then, you have to download the app that is right for your device and to install it. Follow-up by launching the tool and logging into your new account.
- You now have to choose a server that is located in the United States and to connect to it. The whole process should only take a few seconds to complete.
- Once the connection is established you can go ahead and load fuboTV to start watching Legacies whenever you’re abroad.
Can I Watch Legacies on The CW Website?
Unfortunately for you, The CW does not carry a live stream for visitors. Unlike other similar network websites, this one does not provide a live stream for you to enjoy the shows on. This means that your only way of watching Legacies live online is with the help of fuboTV, YouTube TV, or Hulu.
The CW has an app that you can check out, but it also only allows you to watch shows after they have aired. The CW app works on iOS, Android, Amazon Fire, Roku, Chromecast, Android TV, Apple TV, Xbox One, and Amazon Fire TV. (Note: The CW website and app only work in the United States so if you want to access them when traveling outside of the United States, you’re going to have to use a VPN to gain access. Click here to learn how you can do this easily.)
Can I Watch Legacies With a TV Antenna?
The CW is a channel that also broadcasts over-the-air so you can use a TV antenna to enjoy the show. Antennas are particularly popular with cord-cutters because they enable people to watch TV for free, even if it’s only available for a couple of dozens of channels.
Before you make any purchases, you should check out whether or not The CW is even part of the deal in your specific location, because these channels only broadcast locally. Visit a site like NoCable, and you will also find out what other channels are in your vicinity that you can watch with an antenna, and how far the broadcast stations are so you can do the math and figure out what range you need your device to have. (Note: The CW website is one that broadcast locally, this will also affect you when using live TV services. If you live in an area where The CW isn’t available on your live TV platform, you can use a VPN to change your IP address so that you appear to be in a different city, where the channel is available in. Click here to learn how you can do this.)
Can I Binge-Watch Legacies?
You will find that some of the Legacies episodes are available to watch on The CW website so you can check them out there. You will also find Legacies episodes over on Netflix, so you can watch there as well.
Can I Purchase Legacies Episodes?
That is something that you most definitely can do, and quite easily at that. You will find Legacies episodes that you can purchase, either these individually or the full season, from platforms like Google Play, YouTube, iTunes, Microsoft Store, Amazon Prime, and Vudu. We advise you to check all the links before making any purchases because they may offer you better deals, depending on exactly what you’re looking for and when you are making the purchase.
We would love to hear back from you so please drop us a note and tell us what you love most about Legacies, and what platform you chose to watch the show on. You can write to us in the comment section below the article, and we would ask you to also share it with friends and family so they can find a better way to watch the show as well. Follow TechNadu on Facebook and Twitter to read more great tech news, guides, reviews, and interviews.