Designed primarily for gamers, Razer Forge TV is an amazing all-in-one device. It acts as a media streaming hub, and it's powered by Android TV, which means you can install Kodi on your Razer Forge TV in a matter of minutes - and we'll show you how that is done.
Right off the bat, you need to know that installing Kodi on your Razer Forge TV is done by "sideloading" this application. That means that you won't find Kodi on the Razer App Store. Instead, you need to download Kodi for Android on your computer and then install it manually on your Razer Forge TV. Don't worry - we'll be guiding you through every step of the way.
Keep in mind that Kodi 19 ‘Matrix’ is the latest available version (during the last couple of months, Kodi 19.1, Kodi 19.2, and Kodi 19.3 were released as well). Still, if you haven’t updated your Kodi yet, know that the latest version of this application breaks compatibility with a large number of add-ons.
You’ll need to wait for third-party developers to make their add-ons compatible with Kodi 19, which could take a while. We’ve seen some progress when it comes to add-ons from Kodi’s official repository. However, the situation is still very problematic for add-ons that come from outside the official Kodi repository.
How to Install Kodi on Razer Forge TV
To make sure you set-up Kodi on your Razer Forge TV and run this application without any issues, you need to go through the following five steps.
- Step #1: Install 'Android Debug Bridge'
- Step #2: Enable 'Developer Options' & Debugging
- Step #3: Enable 'Unknown Sources' on Your Device
- Step #4: Download & Install Kodi on Your Razer Forge TV
- Step #5: Troubleshooting
First, you need to install 'Android ADB' based on the operating system you use on your computer. So, use any of the following links to download the application (to your computer).
If you click on any of the above-placed links, you’ll start a new download automatically. And also, you will get the latest available version of 'Android ADB.'
Next, you need to enable 'developer options' on your Razer Forge TV device, which is crucial when sideloading apps like Kodi. Use the following steps.
- Power on your Razer Forge TV and you’ll see your device's home screen.
- Then, go to Settings and select 'About.'
- Once again, scroll down until you see an entry named 'Build Number.' Select it – and you’ll need to click several times. Finally, you’ll see a message that says 'Developer Mode Has Been Unlocked.'
As we told you previously, we need to enable ADB debugging on Razer Forge TV. Then, we’ll use the ADB tool on a computer to execute certain commands. So, keep on going.
- On your Forge TV, go to Settings once again.
- Under 'Preferences,' scroll all the way down until you see 'Developer Options.'
- Now select 'Debugging.'
- Finally, pick 'USB/ADB Debugging.'
- Now you’ll need to connect your Razer Forge TV to your computer using a USB cable. Launch the ADB tool and ensure that the connection is active and working.
Before we install Kodi on your Razer Forge TV, we need to make sure your device recognizes unknown sources. This is an important prerequisite since Forge TV won’t allow you to install Kodi if you missed doing this.
- Go back to the home screen of your Razer Forge TV, and then go to Settings.
- Select 'Security.'
- Finally, make sure that the option 'Unknown Sources' is enabled.
Finally, we will show you how to download the Android version of Kodi and then use that installation file on your Razer Forge TV. So, let's finalize this procedure.
- First, go to Kodi's official website.
- Find a blue-colored button that says 'Download' in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down until you see the Android logo. Click on this logo.
- Now, make sure to download the 'ARMV7A (32BIT)' file.
- Make sure your Razer Forge TV is connected to your computer via the USB port.
- Use the ADB tool to make a connection to your Forge TV. Input 'adb usb' in the command line.
- If you see a message that your device is unauthorized, run the 'adb devices' command.
- To finalize the procedure, input 'adb install <path to Kodi’s file>' in the command line. Make sure to use the correct path to where Kodi’s file is downloaded.
In some cases, you will see that Kodi is missing – even though it’s installed on your Forge TV. If that happens, you’ll need to use the Sideload Launcher.
- First, go to the Google Play Store and search for 'Sideload Launcher.'
- Once the app is downloaded, reboot your Forge TV.
- Finally, launch this application and you should see Kodi as one of the available applications.
If you haven't installed Kodi on all your devices, then this is the right time to do that. Follow these guides for more help - Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, Roku, Smart TV, Apple TV, Xbox, Nvidia Shield TV, Razer Forge TV, Raspberry Pi, and Chromebook.
In addition to that, you should know why VPNs are useful for Kodi users and why you must use a VPN on Kodi. After testing 60+ VPNs individually, we realized ExpressVPN is the best VPN overall. With that said, if you wish to install it on Kodi, please follow this guide.
Want to Learn More About Kodi's Features?
While we have your attention, we'd like to recommend some additional resources. Once you install Kodi on your Razer Forge TV, you'll want to populate its library and install third-party addons. So, here's how that is done.
- How to Enable Unknown Sources on Kodi
- Get the Best Kodi Addons
- Get the Best Kodi Skins
- How to Change Skins on Kodi
- How to Create a Library in Kodi
- How to Import Videos to Kodi
- How to Add Music to Kodi
- How to Add Photos to Kodi
- How to Set Up Kodi Profiles
- How to Add Subtitles to Kodi
That would be all on how to set-up Kodi on your Razer Forge TV. In case of any questions, don't hesitate to post a comment below. Enjoy using Kodi, and - thanks for reading!