Lucky Hank is a new series starring Bob Odenkirk, and the best thing is that you can add it to your streaming list since it will be available online from anywhere in the world. Keep reading to find out the plot, cast, premiere date, episode guide and release schedule, and more.
Adapted from the novel Straight Man by the Pulitzer Prize-winning author Richard Russo, this new series is a midlife crisis tale coming from the executive producers of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.
The plot follows Professor William Henry Devereaux Jr. as he juggles between a midlife crisis and a full-blown meltdown, which brings chaos to his personal and professional life. Hank is spiritually suited to playing left field but, forced by a bad hamstring to try first base, is the unlikely chairman of the English department at the underfunded West Central Pennsylvania University.
The story is told in the first person by the main character, and over the course of a single intricate week, he threatens to execute a duck, has his nose slashed by a feminist poet, discovers that his secretary writes better fiction than he does, suspects his wife of having an affair with his dean, and finally confronts his philandering elderly father, the one-time king of American Literary Theory, at an abandoned amusement park.
His emotionally grounded and unflappable wife and the Vice Principal of the local high school in rural Pennsylvania where they live, Lily Devereaux, begins to question the path she's on, and the choices she's made as Hank's life starts to unravel. With this said, let's see where, when, and how to watch Lucky Hank online.
When and Where to Watch Lucky Hank
Lucky Hank premiered on Sunday, March 19, 2023. In the US, it will air as a four-network simulcast across AMC Networks on AMC, IFC, BBC America, and Sundance TV. It will also be available to stream on the AMC Plus and Sundance services (available in the US and more) and via the Stan streaming service (only available in Australia) at 9 pm ET.
The series has 8 episodes, and one new episode will be released every other week at the same hour.
How to Watch Lucky Hank Online for Free from Anywhere
The geo-restrictions on the live TV and streaming services we use for watching our favorite titles online in our home country can become an issue while abroad since they may block our access. AMC Plus is currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India, and Spain, and Stan is restricted to Australia. This is why you need a tool to change your IP address while outside these territories, and that is to use a VPN subscription to watch Lucky Hank online.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN on the market, and it works effortlessly with AMC Plus, Stan, Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Netflix, and several other streaming services. This tool offers thousands of VPN servers in over 90 countries worldwide, and it also has fast and stable connections, no bandwidth limits, and great encryption protocols. Plus, you can even try ExpressVPN for 30 days RISK-FREE via the company’s money-back guarantee.
3,000+ VPN servers in 160 VPN server locations in 94 countries, 5 Simultaneous connections, Fast and stable connection, No activity logs or connection logs, No bandwidth limits, Strong encryption, 24/7 live chat support, and 30-day money-back guarantee.
You can also get a great deal if you pick the annual plan when you subscribe to ExpressVPN (49% discount and get 3 months FREE). To get started, head to the company's website and create an account by entering the requested info and paying. Next, download and install your app. Then, launch and turn on the VPN via a server from a location with no geo-restrictions. Lastly, load the streaming platform to watch Lucky Hank online from anywhere.
How to Watch Lucky Hank Online in the US Without Cable
AMC Plus is the official service to stream Lucky Hank since this title is an AMC original. The platform includes ad-free content from Shudder, AMC, Sundance, and more for $8.99 per month with the monthly plan with a 1-week free trial. You can also add AMC Plus to your TV plan with Xfinity or Dish.
If you live in the US, you have other options in the form of live TV streaming platforms that let you enjoy various add-ons, such as AMC Plus. Let's see which these are right now.
- Prime Video: You can add AMC Plus to your Prime Video subscription as a Prime channel for $8.99 a month. The Prime membership itself comes with a hefty 30-day free trial, and it costs $14.99 per month after that. Start your 7-day free trial on AMC Plus via Amazon Prime Video.
- Sling TV: This service lets you add the AMC Plus pack to your subscription for $7.99 per month, and there are several other add-ons available. BBC America is also included in all plans, and the service's plans start at $40 per month.
Sling is the live TV you love for less. Customize your channel lineup and watch TV online with no setup, hidden fees or long-term contracts.
- YouTube TV: The AMC Plus add-on on YouTube TV is $7.00 per month on top of the monthly fee, and the service has BBC America as well. The single pack here costs $54.99 a month for the first three months and $64.99 a month thereafter, with a free trial included.
- DirecTV Stream: For $6.99 monthly, you can also get the AMC Plus add-on via this streaming platform. Plans start at $74.99 per month here, and some add-ons are free for 3 months.
These services are geo-restricted, so you will lose access to this title or the entire platform while traveling abroad. Yet, a trustworthy and capable VPN app set to a server located close to your hometown area will unblock the desired platform. More details in the previous segment.
How to Watch Lucky Hank Online in Canada
If you live in Canada, you will be able to watch the series on the AMC network as part of your cable, satellite, or fiber-based TV subscription. You can also stream Lucky Hank online directly via AMC Plus on the service's website or via the AMC Plus app for CAD $8.99 per month (or CAD 83.88 per year).
Alternatively, you can add AMC Plus to Prime Video for CAD 8.99 per month on top of the Prime fee of CAD 9.99 per month the channel has a 7-day free trial, and Prime a 1-month free trial. You can also add AMC Plus to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app on your device.
You may bump into a geo-blockade while trying to watch the series online while traveling, but a good VPN tool running in the background via a Canadian server will solve this problem.
How to Watch Lucky Hank Online in Australia
In Australia, you will be able to watch Lucky Hank on the Stan streaming platform, where it premieres on March 20. Prices start at $10 a month and go up to $21 monthly for the Premium UHD plan. However, there is a generous 30-day free trial that new customers can enjoy on Stan, no matter the selected plan.
These platforms are geo-restricted, so you will need to rely on a good VPN app set to a server placed in a region close to home to bypass any blockade you may encounter while traveling abroad.
Can I Watch Lucky Hank Online in the UK?
Sadly, AMC Plus is not available in the UK, and no local streamer acquired the rights for this show. However, using a safe and powerful VPN app will unblock any of the streaming services listed above as long as you run the app via a server located in the country where the desired platform originates.
Lucky Hank Cast
- Bob Odenkirk as William Henry Devereaux Jr
- Arthur Keng as Teddy Washington-Chen
- Oscar Nuñez as Dean Jacob Rose
- Jacki Gunn as Jennifer
- Jackson Kelly as Bartow Williams-Stevens
- Shannon DeVido as Emma Wheemer
- Mireille Enos as Lily Devereaux
- Hayley Sales as Missy
- Olivia Scott Welch as Julie Devereaux
- Chris Gethard as Jeffrey
- Lilah Fitzgerald as Ava
- Chris Diamantopoulos as Tom Loring
- Alison Araya as Joanie
- Manoj Sood as Ali Mehaidle
- Veronica Jarvis as Mina
Lucky Hank Episode Guide
- Season 1, Episode 1: Pilot - Hank rants against Railton College, calling it "Mediocrity's Capitol," and the administration is pressured to fire him. Hank and Lily contemplate a future outside of Railton.
- Season 1, Episode 2: George Saunders - When George Saunders visits Railton College, the professors scramble to impress the celebrated writer, while Hank is reminded of his own failed writing career. Hank and Lily anticipate an announcement from their daughter Julie.
- Season 1, Episode 3: Escape - Hank spirals when a storage pod full of his father's belongings is dropped in his front yard; the professors spiral when rumors of budget cuts threaten their tenured jobs.
- Season 1, Episode 4: The Goose Boxer - Amid firing rumors, the professors look to the union to protect their jobs, while Hank tries a different approach; Lily interviews for a job at a prestigious New York prep school.
- Season 1, Episode 5: The Clock - Hank and Lily host the annual English department dinner; Lily has a decision to make; Hank's past involving his troubled relationship with his father catches up to him.
- Season 1, Episode 6: The Arrival - Hank and Tony travel to an academic conference, where their differing philosophies on work and life cause friction; Lily mediates trouble in Julie and Russell's marriage.
- Season 1, Episode 7: The Count of Monte Cristo - Hank contends with the return of his father to Railton; Lily hunts for apartments in New York; Julie looks to Hank for help in Lily's absence.
- Season 1, Episode 8: The Chopping Block - Hank is faced with an impossible decision at work, as his department's jobs are on the line; Lily settles into a new normal in New York.