How I Met Your Father Season 2 is here. We have the premiere date, plot, cast, episode release schedule, and all the other details you may be searching for, and what's more, you'll be able to easily stream the episodes online from anywhere in the world you are - be it at home, on the go, or while traveling abroad.
Serving as a standalone sequel to CBS' How I Met Your Mother (the beloved CBS comedy that starred Josh Radnor and wrapped its ninth season in 2014), the spin-off series gender-flips the plot of the original show as now a woman named Sophie tells her son about how she met his dad.
The story of Season 1 ended with Jesse telling Sophie that he loved her, which ruined their relationship since she didn't feel ready to commit, and he went back to his ex, leaving Sophie open to dating someone else.
We are ready to see the new potential father, whether Valentina and Charlie get back together, and how the marriage is going for Sid and Hannah, so let's see when, where, and how to watch How I Met Your Father Season 2 online.
When and Where to Watch How I Met Your Father Season 2
How I Met Your Father Season 2 premiered on Tuesday, January 24, 2023, via the Hulu streaming service (only available in the US), where new content usually becomes available to watch right after midnight PT (3 am ET).
One new episode will be released weekly on the streamer, totaling 20 episodes.
How to Watch How I Met Your Father Season 2 Online from Anywhere
The many live TV and streaming services that everyone uses for watching their favorite shows and movies online in their home country are geo-restricted, and Hulu follows the same rule since it is exclusive to the US. This is why you will need a workaround to avoid the geo-block message outside the US via a tool that can assign a different IP address to your device. This means you will need to rely on a VPN to watch How I Met Your Father Season 2 online from anywhere.
NordVPN can unblock many popular streaming services in a few moments, including Hulu, Disney Plus, Netflix, HBO Max, BBC iPlayer, Prime Video, and others. This is one of the best VPNs, with thousands of servers worldwide, the best encryption protocols, high speeds, stable connections, and no bandwidth limits or logs. This company's money-back guarantee policy lets you virtually try NordVPN for 30 days RISK-FREE.
If you'd like to save money, know that the annual plan has a big price cut when you subscribe to NordVPN (69% discount and 3 months FREE). To get started, head to the company's website and create an account. First, enter the required details and pay, then download the native app for your device. Once the installation is complete, launch and turn on the app using a server located where the service is not restricted. Lastly, load the streaming platform to watch How I Met Your Father Season 2 online.
How to Watch How I Met Your Father Season 2 Online in the US
This is a 2023 Hulu original title. If you live in the United States, you only need a subscription with the service to watch How I Met Your Father Season 2 online, and plan prices start at $7.99 per month or $79.99 per year with the ad-supported tier. However, it will cost you $14.99 per month to remove the commercials via the no-ads tier. Both of these options come with a very generous 30-day free trial on Hulu if there's no other promo running.
Besides the thousands of hit shows, movies, and more that are already included in the library, you can also customize your account with Premium or Partner add-ons for an additional monthly fee, and these include HBO Max, Showtime, STARZ, and Cinemax.
If you live in the United States, the standalone service is not the only option since you can also watch How I Met Your Father Season 2 online via The Disney Bundle, which offers three services at a discounted price. You can get Disney Plus, ESPN Plus, and Hulu and save 25% compared to the monthly cost of subscribing to these three services separately, and offers the ad-supported Hulu plan version for $13.99 per month, and it will cost $19.99 per month to remove the Hulu ads.
Since Hulu is geo-restricted, you will need to run a safe and powerful VPN set to a US server running in the background before accessing the streaming platform while traveling away from the US. More details in the previous segment.
How to Watch How I Met Your Father Season 2 Online in the UK, Canada, and Australia
You can watch How I Met Your Father episodes on the Star leg of the Disney Plus subscription, which includes content from Disney, Pixar, National Geographic, Star Wars, Marvel, and The Simpsons. The subscription prices are US 7.99 per month (or US 79.99 per year) / £7.99 per month (or £79.90 per year) / CA 11.99 per month (or CA 119.99 per year) / AU 11.99 per month (or AU 119.99 per year). At the moment, the official international premiere date for Season 2 was not announced.
This streaming service is geo-blocked, so you won't be able to access your library or the entire platform while abroad, but you can bypass this issue if you get a capable VPN set to a server located in your home country.
How I Met Your Father Season 2 Cast
- Hilary Duff as Sophie
- Chris Lowell as Jesse
- Francia Raisa as Valentina
- Suraj Sharma as Sid
- Tom Ainsley as Charlie
- Tian Tran as Ellen
- Kim Cattrall as future Sophie
- Daniel Augustin as Ian
- Ashley Reyes as Hannah
- Josh Peck as Drew
How I Met Your Father Season 2 Episodes
- Season 2, Episode 1: Cool and Chill (January 24, 2023) - After Sophie’s gallery show and Ian’s arrival, Sid and Hannah host an impromptu wedding reception at Pemberton’s. Jesse grapples with his decisions and confides in Ellen about Meredith.
- Season 2, Episode 2: Midwife Crisis (January 31, 2023) - As she waits for the gallery to call, Sophie lands a gig she lied to get and enlists Val to help. Jesse forces Sid and Meredith to work out their differences.
- Season 2, Episode 3: The Reset Button (February 7, 2023) - After selling her portrait, Sophie recruits Jesse to help her impress the buyers. Val and Ellen go on a double date. Charlie forces a reluctant Sid and Hannah into a double date in reaction to Val.
- Season 2, Episode 4: Pathetic Deirdre (February 14, 2023) - Sophie and Val question where they are in their careers and reach out to an old friend. Jesse and Meredith make a tour announcement video.
- Season 2, Episode 5: Ride or Die (February 21, 2023) - Sophie and Val have conflicting feelings about brunch with Val’s parents. The gang attends Jesse’s Long Island show.
- Season 2, Episode 6: Universal Therapy (February 28, 2023) - Sophie encounters an obstacle with a new beau; Ellen uses her new job insurance to see a therapist; Jesse gives Valentina a hand at work; Sid and Charlie try to sell terrible wine.
- Season 2, Episode 7: A Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Valentina's Day (March 7, 2023) - The gang recounts their worst Valentine's Day experiences in order to cheer up Ellen.
- Season 2, Episode 8: Rewardishment (March 14, 2023) - Jesse and Sid introduce the gang to an old college ritual. They all spend the next 48 hours attempting to complete various tasks in order to achieve a group “rewardishment.”
- Season 2, Episode 9: The Welcome Protocol (March 21, 2023) - Val brings Sophie to a work event so they can party all night with the rich and famous. Jesse wants to introduce the friends to a new girl he’s seeing, forcing them to spring into action and invoke the "Welcome Protocol".
- Season 2, Episode 10: I'm His Swish (March 28, 2023) - Sophie dates an older man, which encourages Jesse, Sid, and Charlie to take better care of themselves. Sophie and Val battle over who gets the apartment for date night.
- Season 2, Episode 11: Daddy (March 28, 2023) - Sophie goes to Robert's country house for the weekend. The gang celebrates Lost & Found Box Day at Pemberton's.
- Season 2, Episode 12: Not a Mamma Mia (May 23, 2023) - Sophie recruits the gang to help track down her father.
- Season 2, Episode 13: Family Business (May 30, 2023) - Sophie and her dad run a business out of Pemberton's. Charlie and Jesse meet women they like. Val and Ellen treat themselves to a fancy open house.
- Season 2, Episode 14: Disengagement Party (June 6, 2023) - Sophie pulls in the big guns to help her get Val out of her engagement. Sid and Hannah argue about where they'll live. Jesse helps Charlie and Ellen through a roommate faux pas.
- Season 2, Episode 15: Working Girls (June 13, 2023) - Sophie and Ellen get assigned to a work project together. Sid surprises Hannah in LA. Charlie and Val try to make the most of their time with Jesse after he gets a bad psychic reading.
- Season 2, Episode 16: The Jersey Connection (June 20, 2023) - Ellen suspects something is up with Rachel. She and Sid do a stakeout. Sophie tracks an upset Jesse down after he wasn't invited to a coworker's birthday party.
- Season 2, Episode 17: Out of Sync (June 27, 2023) - The gang go a day without their cell phones, forced to face the world without help from the internet.
- Season 2, Episode 18: Parent Trap (July 4, 2023) - Sophie tries to Parent Trap her parents. Sid and Ellen try their own master plan to nudge Jesse and Charlie into being roommates with each other.
- Season 2, Episode 19: Shady Parker (July 11, 2023) - Jesse tricks the gang into helping him pack his stuff in the apartment.
- Season 2, Episode 20: Okay Fine, It's a Hurricane (July 11, 2023) - Everyone heads to Pemberton's to weather out the hurricane.