The chances are that you’ve been trying to access some Indian websites that are restricted to this country only. This primarily applies to video streaming platforms, that are often not available outside India due to licensing rights. So, you must be wondering how to get an Indian IP address? Well, easy – if you know which VPN you should use for this job. And we won’t only tell you about which VPN should be your first pick; We’ll teach you everything you need to know about getting an Indian IP right now.
We don’t have to tell you that India is home to plenty of people (1,3 billion, as per the latest statistics). You can see how huge this market is, especially for online services. Streaming platforms such as Hotstar, HOOQ, Voot, Airtel TV, and Eros Now (to name just a few) are mostly available only in India. Each of these provides a strong connection for Indian expats living abroad. And since this country has such a unique culture, many of us are avid fans of Bollywood movies and TV shows. So, how can we unblock these websites and use them from anywhere? Well, all you really need is a powerful VPN application.
The good thing is that VPNs are incredibly simple to use, and you can install them on pretty much any platform or device. You open this application, click on a server in India, and after a few moments – your real IP will be replaced by a unique Indian IP. This means that you’ll get to unblock previously blocked websites, and more. However, you shouldn’t use just about any VPN. Instead, you need a VPN with plenty of servers in India – and you want to ensure smooth performance without any throttling. And this is where our article comes into play. So, let’s get started.
So, here’s how to get an Indian IP address in 3 steps:
- First, make sure to find the best VPN for the job. We’ll help you with this by giving you several recommendations, with ExpressVPN being the best option right now.
- Then, you will need to get your VPN subscription. Sign-up, finalize the payment, and you’ll get access to your newly created account.
- Finally, all you have to do is to install the chosen VPN. Open it, find a server located in India and connect to that server. Once that happens, you’ll get an Indian IP. All in all, this is a very simple process and we’re sure you’ll manage to do it just fine.
Step 1 – Find the Best VPN Service
First, you need to find a VPN that’s going to meet your needs. With this said, we have three amazing options for you, all of which come with plenty of Indian servers. And we’ll start our list of recommendations with the best VPN right now – ExpressVPN. Take a look.
|Visit Site|| |
It’s safe to say that ExpressVPN comes with an unparalleled set of features. This is a highly reputable VPN service that’s proven many times before that security and privacy of its users are what matters the most. That’s because it comes with 3,000+ servers (India included, of course) that don’t log a single file about what you do online. In fact, its servers are powered by TrustedServer technology, which is a recently-introduced feature.
We mustn’t forget about ExpressVPN’s media streaming capabilities. It can unblock pretty much any website out there, including some strict streaming platforms. When it comes to Indian streaming services, ExpressVPN is truly your best bet at unlocking them. Make sure to continue learning about this VPN in our ExpressVPN review.
2. CyberGhost VPN
CyberGhost VPN has been around for seven years now, and it managed to build a reputation around its ease of use. It comes with a highly polished UI and plenty of servers optimized for different purposes. There are 20 servers located in India, and over 3,750 servers found worldwide.
As noted in our CyberGhost review, we liked this VPN’s user interface design, ease of use, website unblocking capabilities, and its strong security features. However, keep in mind that this VPN can slow you down by around 40% (while ExpressVPN keeps this at a minimum). However, we still recommend it to those with a fast Web connection. Nonetheless, this is a trustworthy VPN that certainly deserves your attention.
We’ll end our list of recommendations with NordVPN. This is yet another well-known VPN – and this one has over 5,100 servers worldwide. It comes with incredibly strong security features, doesn’t collect your private data, and can unblock plenty of websites.
However, we have to note that there are only 15 servers in India (which is a bit surprising considering this VPN’s high server count). Still, all of these are optimized for media streaming and P2P traffic, so there’s plenty of value here. And just like our previous recommendation, beware that NordVPN can slow you down a bit – as explained in our NordVPN review.
Step 2 – Become a VPN Subscriber
Now, it’s time to make the final call. If you’re still in doubt about which VPN to use, we recommend ExpressVPN. So, let’s see how to subscribe to this VPN service.
- Initialize the process of signing-up for ExpressVPN by using the provided link. It’ll take you to this VPN’s landing page, where you can check additional features and other details.
- Then, click on any of the large-sized red buttons to get started. First, you’ll see three subscription plans with the annual plan being the most affordable one, in the long-term. This plan also gives you three additional months of use, completely free of charge. Of course, you’re free to get any plan you want.
- Then, enter the required information. You’ll need to provide your email address along with your payment details. Once done, you’ll receive a welcome email from ExpressVPN’s team.
Step 3 – Use ExpressVPN & Get an Indian IP Address
All you have to do now is to download ExpressVPN. So, here’s how to use your newly created account to download and install ExpressVPN, and then use it to get an Indian IP.
- Log-in to your new account on ExpressVPN’s website;
- Now, download the application to your computer. On this page, you’ll also see an activation code, so make sure to copy it somewhere as you’ll need it in a minute.
- Once downloaded, double-click on the installation file. Finalize the installation procedure and open this application. You can log-in using your activation code, which you copied earlier.
- Now, you need to connect to an Indian server. For this purpose, click on the prominent button in the middle part of ExpressVPN (with three dots on the right-hand side). Once you connect, you’ll automatically get an Indian IP address. That’s all!
So, that would be all on how to get an Indian IP address. We hope you’ve found this article to be helpful, and that you’ll share it on the Web. If you’d like to read more articles like this one, make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Thank you!