Germany is one of the world’s most developed countries, in addition to being Europe’s strongest economy. As you can imagine, something like this doesn’t happen overnight – but instead, only after decades of hard work and implementing a rigorous national legal system. In the digital realm, Germany is considered to be one of the most rigorous countries in terms of protecting its citizens. Being a fertile ground for online businesses, there’s a thriving new-age economy in this country that can’t be found elsewhere. With this said, it’s not surprising to note that many want to know how to get a German IP address in 2019. Don’t worry, this article will answer all your questions.
First of all, let’s take a quick and informative tour of what a German IP might bring you. First and foremost, this is the only way to access websites available in this country alone. No matter if you’re learning German, or if you’re away from your home country, you’ll want to have access to broadcasters and streaming platforms – such as ZDF or Magine TV. And if you already live in this country, you’ll want to protect your private data from being collected by German ISPs (Internet Service Providers).
You see, Germany has plenty of laws protecting your private data. That’s why it’s restricting Facebook from collecting user data, and it’s also moving toward making the Dark Web criminalized. However, Germany is also one of the member countries of the 14-Eyes Alliance – which means that plenty of mass surveillance is happening in this country. And all of those are the reasons to use a VPN application to get a German IP address. And now, let’s see how this is done.
So, here’s how to get a German IP address in 3 simple steps:
- First, choose a VPN service. We’ll show you three recommendations, with ExpressVPN rightfully taking the first place.
- Next, subscribe to the chosen VPN – and then download and install it.
- Lastly, connect to a server located in Germany, and that’s pretty much it.
Step 1 – Find a VPN Service Provider
You’re now facing the most important decision before you learn how to get a German IP. Based on our hands-on experience, we’ve prepared three recommendations for you.
|Visit Site|| |
Is there a reason why we’re recommending ExpressVPN first? Yes – there are plenty of valid reasons! First and foremost, this is perhaps the most secure VPN service out there. It comes with the highest possible level of encryption, in addition to a whole slate of VPN protocols. It also often presents innovative solutions, like TrustedServer technology. And when it comes to the available servers, you’ll find more than 3,000 bare-metal units spread across the planet. Germany is on this list as well, with servers in Frankfurt, Nuremberg, and Darmstadt. No matter which of these you select, you’ll get fast Web speeds and the best possible protection. To learn about its performance and other features, read our ExpressVPN review.
2. CyberGhost VPN
Next, we have a Romanian-based VPN that’s currently one of the most popular VPNs in the world. Called CyberGhost, this is a user-friendly option that’s incredibly easy to use. However, highly advanced users will find plenty of fine-tuning, so we’re sure you’re going to love it. This is a no-logs VPN that comes with all kinds of specialized servers – and there are 3,700+ of those. Interestingly enough, you’ll find 700+ servers in Germany alone, located in Berlin, Frankfurt, and Dusseldorf. To learn more, we offer our hands-on review of CyberGhost VPN.
We’ll end our list of hands-on recommendation with NordVPN. Based in Panama, NordVPN has proven many times before that it cares about its users. This is one of the most secure VPNs, allowing you to route your traffic through two secure servers at once. And when it comes to available servers, NordVPN certainly doesn’t disappoint. Having one of the largest server networks and offering 5,200+ servers, NordVPN provides an easy way to get a German IP. There are 240+ servers in Germany, all of which are obfuscated and P2P-optimized. We’ve tested this VPN extensively, so we’d like to refer you to our hands-on review of NordVPN.
Step 2 – Buy a VPN Subscription
With three options in front of you, it’s time to choose one. Considering that our strong recommendation would be ExpressVPN, we’ll use this VPN to give an example of what comes next.
- So, you need to get your ExpressVPN subscription. Click on the provided link and you’ll be taken to this VPN’s sign-up page. There, click on any of the prominent red buttons.
- Next, pick a subscription. ExpressVPN is a highly reputable VPN service, so getting its long-term plan sounds like a good deal. However, any of the available ones will do the job.
- Fill out your information and proceed with the payment. Once done, you’ll receive a confirmation email to your inbox.
Step 3 – Get a German IP Address
Finally, we’re going to show you how to install ExpressVPN. Then, we’ll use it connect to any of its Germany-based servers.
- Go to ExpressVPN’s website and log-in to your account. This will open your user account dashboard – from where you can download the application.
- Once downloaded, click on the installation file to begin the installation procedure. Choose where to save the files and finalize the process.
- To log-in, we recommend copying and pasting your activation code, found on your user account dashboard (on the VPN’s website). So, go ahead and log-in.
- Finally, click on the ‘three dots’ icon on ExpressVPN’s home screen and select any server located in Germany. Within a few moments, you’ll get your new German IP. That’s it!
If there’s anything else you’d like to know about getting a German IP address, make sure to let us know. Also, don’t forget that you can subscribe to our social media profiles, on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks!