Mac and iMac users may not face huge security vulnerabilities while browsing the web as macOS already incorporates better privacy and security measures than Windows. But that doesn't mean your data is entirely safe from hackers while streaming, gaming, or torrenting on Mac. That's why, if you are going to have or already have a CyberGhost VPN subscription and you own a macOS-based device, installing the VPN on it is the best way to protect your sensitive data. Check the below-mentioned step-by-step process to know how to download, install, and use CyberGhost VPN on macOS.
CyberGhost VPN works on all macOS devices including, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, iMac Pro, Mac Pro, and Mac mini.
The minimum system requirement to install CyberGhost VPN on macOS is:
- Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or newer versions
- 70 Megabytes of free storage space
1. Firstly, visit the CyberGhost VPN subscription page.
2. Now, hit the Get CyberGhost VPN button.
3. Choose your preferred subscription plan from the next page.
3. After that, select your preferred payment option and submit the required details to complete your purchase.
4. Now, go back to the CyberGhost official website and find My Account at the top right corner of the homepage.
5. Log in to your CyberGhost account with the credentials you've received through the confirmation email.
6. Once you access the CyberGhost dashboard, navigate to the option CyberGhost VPN for macOS.
7. Now, hit the Download button available right beside this option.
8. After that, choose your preferred location to Save the setup (.pkg) file.
9. When the download process ends, double-click on the CyberGhost VPN Installer.
10. Next, click the Continue button in the installation window.
11. The Software Licence Agreement will come up next; go through it and click Continue again.
12. Now, a pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation; click the Agree button.
13. On the next screen, hit the Install button to start the installation process.
14. For security reasons, you’ll be asked to put your system password, fill the password box and click Install Software.
15. Once the installation process ends, hit the Close button.
16. Now, you will be able to find the CyberGhost VPN icon on Dock and Menu Bar, and the application will be launched automatically.
17. Next, put your Username and Password in the corresponding fields and hit the Login button.
18. Now, click the power button on the control screen to proceed further.
19. On the next screen, click on Install VPN profile.
20. A pop-up will appear now asking for your confirmation to add the VPN configuration on your system; click Allow.
21. Finally, the outline of the ON/OFF button will turn yellow, and you’ll be automatically connected to a VPN server.
Alternatively, you can pick your preferred location and choose a CyberGhost dedicated server.
22. For that, click the arrow in the control screen to expand the CyberGhost UI.
23. Then, choose a dedicated server from the list at the left pane, next double-click on your preferred location at the right-side tab, and hit the ON/OFF button from the control screen to connect.
That’s all! Now you know how to download, install, and use CyberGhost VPN on macOS, so our guide ends here. If you own other devices running on different platforms, take a look at our complete CyberGhost VPN setup guide for all supported devices. Thanks for reading!