When you want to spend time with your kids in front of the TV, you may want to look into watching Discovery Family since it features science, nature, and lots of cool content for pre-teens. We’re watching Discovery Family live online, so let’s find the best solution for you too!
Discovery Family first started airing back in 1996, although it was known as Discovery Kids Channel back then. Later on, in 2010, it switched to The Hub, and in 2014 to Discovery Family.
The biggest chunk of the Discovery Family programming is animated and live-action series based on media franchises owned by Hasbro, one of the channel’s stakeholders.
How to Live Stream Discovery Family?
It’s easy to watch TV online nowadays because there are so many live TV platforms to help you out! When it comes to watching Discovery Family online, we think your best option is going for fuboTV. This one has a great channel combination featured in a single bundle. Start your 7-day free trial on fuboTV now! Discovery Family is present in the fubo Extra channel pack, so you’ll need it on top of the main bundle. fubo Extra costs $5.99 normally, but if you pick the Ultra pack, you’ll get it for $5 instead. If you choose the Ultra plan, you’ll get access to over 100 channels in the main bundle, as well as extra channel packs and premium networks at discount prices, but you won’t get to test it out for free for a week. Instead, you’ll get a better price for the first three months of subscription.
There are also other channel packs besides Extra, and you can get those too if you want more content. You should know that fuboTV works on a wide range of devices, including iOS and Android phones and tablets, Android TV, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and Roku, to name a few. (Note: fuboTV only works in the United States, so if you travel abroad, you’re going to have to use a VPN to access it at all, so come read more about it by clicking here.)
Here’s how you can set up fuboTV so you can start your free trial:
- First, you’re going to have to visit fuboTV’s website and find the “Start Free Trial” button to get things going.
- Next, you need to provide an email address and a password or to use the social login buttons from Facebook and Twitter if you want to take a quick way out.
- Next, you have to choose how you’re going to build your subscription. You can either go for fubo Standard and add the Extra bundle and enjoy a 7-day free trial or go for the Ultra pack that already includes Extra, along with other packs.
- Once you’ve chosen your pack you can customize things further by adding any extra packs you want, as well as add-ons to expand the cloud DVR storage space or the number of devices you can watch content simultaneously on.
- Finally, you have to provide your card details so they set up the payment process.
Other Ways to Watch Discovery Family
Hulu – Another way to enjoy Discovery Family is via Hulu, which is a single-bundle service. The channel isn’t part of the main bundle, but you can add Hulu Entertainment, which is a channel pack that costs $7.99 per month and includes Discovery Family. Start your 7-day free trial on Hulu today! The great part about using Hulu is that you can also enjoy the on-demand library when you subscribe to the live TV service.
Philo – A platform that is quite simple and easy to figure out is Philo, which features a single bundle of channels and nothing else – no extra packs, no premium networks, and no add-ons. Start your 7-day free trial on Philo!
How to Watch Discovery Family when Traveling Outside of the United States?
Unfortunately for people who often travel, live TV platforms and streaming services are all geoblocked, so you can’t access them when you travel beyond the United States. This can be rather annoying, but there’s nothing uncommon about it. Thankfully, the problem can be overcome rather easily if you use a VPN to change your IP address so you appear to be in the United States instead of whatever corner of the world you’re in.
We can recommend you go for ExpressVPN, which is a great tool that has thousands of servers across the world, including in the United States, and will keep your data safe and protect your privacy.
Here’s how you can use ExpressVPN to watch Discovery Family anywhere in the world:
- First, you’ll need to Sign Up for ExpressVPN (49% OFF) after visiting their website and creating an account. Even though you’ll have to pay for the service, you should know that they do have a 30-day money-back guarantee policy in place in case you want to get a refund for any reason.
- Next, you’ll need to download the app for your device and to install it. Launch the tool and log into your account as soon as possible.
- Then, you’ll need to find a server that is located in the United States to get things going.
- When the app informs you that the connection has been established you can launch fuboTV and start watching Discovery Family whenever you want.
Can You Watch Discovery Family Live on the Network Website?
Unfortunately, the website does not carry a live stream. They do have an app, however, that you can download to watch some of the content whenever you feel like it. In order to do this, you’ll need to log in to an account by using credentials from your TV provider, which can be a live TV service or a cable company.
What Can I Watch on Discovery Family?
There are a lot of shows you can enjoy on the Discovery Family, both original and acquired. Here are some of the highlights:
- Little Pet Shop: A World of Our Own
- Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy
- G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero
- Strawberry Shortcake’s Berry Bitty Adventures
- Super Monsters
- Tarzan and Jane
We cannot wait to hear back from you, so please drop us a note in the comments section below the article and tell us all about it. Share the article with friends and family and follow TechNadu on Facebook and Twitter for more tech news, guides, reviews, and interviews.