Discovery Channel is one of the best channels out there, especially if you love to find out cool new things. We love to watch Disney Channel online, so let’s find the best option for you too!
Nowadays, the Discovery Channel programming is focused on popular science, technology, history, as well as reality TV, and pseudo-science, covering a ton of topics.
The channel is available in over 88 million households across the United States. The channel is also available in 170 countries, reaching in total over 431 million homes.
How to Live Stream Discovery Channel?
Watching content online is super easy to do nowadays since there are a lot of live TV platforms available, making it easier for everyone to reach content even when they’re on the go, like on the bus home, or on vacation. The best way you can watch Discovery Channel online is through fuboTV, which is one of the best platforms on the market with dozens of TV networks gathered up in a single bundle. Start your 7-day free trial on fuboTV today!
Besides the main bundle, you can also get content by adding any of the available channel packs or premium networks. There are fuboTV apps for most of your devices, including Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, Android and iOS phones and tablets, Roku, Chromecast, and more. (Note: fuboTV is a platform that only works in the United States so if you want to access it when traveling abroad, you’re going to need a VPN. Click here to learn more about what you have to do.)
Here’s how you can start your 7-day free trial on fuboTV:
- Start by visiting the fuboTV website and tapping the “Start Free Trial” button on the page.
- Next, you have to provide your email address and a password or to choose the social login buttons available from Facebook and Twitter.
- Then you get to pick the bundle you want to go for. fubo Standard is the main option, but Family and Ultra pack up fubo Standard along with extra channel packs and premium networks at discount prices.
- Once your initial choice is made you can go forward and add any channel packs you want, as well as premium networks if you want more of those. There are also add-ons available to expand the number of devices you can watch content on or the capacity of the cloud DVR storage space.
- Finally, you need to provide your payment details so they can finalize the account. They won’t charge you until the 7-day free trial is complete!
Other Ways to Watch Discovery Channel
Sling TV – Another platform that can help you watch Discovery Channel is Sling TV, where you’ll find the network in the Blue and Orange + Blue bundles. If you’ll go for the Blue bundle you’ll watch content on up to three devices at the same time, while Orange + Blue subscribers get to enjoy four simultaneous streams. Start your Sling TV subscription by saving 40% off the first month! Besides the bundle, you can also add a bunch of channel packs to your subscription, as well as a lot of premium networks.
Philo – Philo is yet another option for those looking for ways to watch Discovery Channel on, as the channel is present in the platform’s only bundle. There are no channel packs to add to your subscription and no premium networks, so what you see is what you get. Start your 7-day free trial on Philo today!
Hulu – Over on Hulu, you can find Discovery Channel in the main bundle, but if you want more content you can add it by picking any of the channel packs available or the premium networks. Start your 7-day free trial on Hulu now! When you subscribe to the Hulu live TV service, you also get to enjoy access to the video-on-demand library they have.
How to Watch Discovery Channel When Traveling Outside of the United States?
If you often travel outside of the US you already aware of this situation, but if you don’t, we’ll tell you – live TV platforms and streaming services are geoblocked. This means that you can only use them all when you’re in the United States and as soon as you cross the border they become unavailable. This happens because there are licensing deals in place that prevent them from allowing streams to take place beyond the country’s borders.
This can be quite inconvenient especially when you’re a fan of certain shows and like to watch new episodes air live, but it can be overcome rather easily with the help of a VPN. We can recommend ExpressVPN which can help you change your IP address in under a minute so you can appear to be back in the US.
Here’s how you can use ExpressVPN to watch Discovery Channel when abroad:
- First, you’re going to have to subscribe to ExpressVPN (49% OFF) which can be done rather easily if you visit the site and follow the steps. You should be aware that ExpressVPN has a 30-day money-back guarantee policy so if you have to ask for a refund, you have to do it in this time-frame.
- Then you have to download the app for your device and to install it. Launch the tool and log into your account as soon as possible to get things going.
- Now you have to look for a server that’s located in the United States and to connect to it.
- When the connection has been established, the app will inform you of this and you can launch fuboTV so you can start watching the Discovery Channel!
Can I Watch Discovery Channel on the Network Website?
Yes, that’s something that you can do considering that Discovery Channel’s website features a live stream that you can access quite easily. You’re going to have to tap the “Watch Live” button to get to the page with the live stream. In order to access it, however, you’ll have to log into an account by using credentials from your TV provider, which can be a live TV service or a traditional cable company. (Note: The Discovery Channel website is geoblocked, so if you want to access the live stream when traveling beyond US borders, you’ll need a VPN to help you out. Click here to learn what you have to do!)
What Shows Can You Watch on Discovery Channel?
There are a ton of shows that you can watch easily on the Discovery Channel, and we’re sure you are fans of at least some of them. Here are some of them:
- Daily Planet
- Deadliest Catch
- Edge of Alaska
- Gold Rush
- Naked and Afraid
- Undercover Billionaire
- Street Outlaws
They also run the annual Shark Week that usually airs at the end of July.
We cannot wait to hear back from you so you can tell us what’s your favorite show on the Discovery Channel. Drop us a note in the comments section below the article and share it with friends and family. Follow TechNadu on Facebook and Twitter for more tech news, guides, reviews, and interviews.