Finding a Kodi addon that still receives regular updates is not an easy task. Even though there are thousands of addons out there, not many of them deserve your attention. Well, as explained in our overview of the best Kodi addons, Venom does deserve a very special place – and we strongly recommend it to every Kodi user. So, let’s talk about what to expect from this addon, as well as how to install Venom on Kodi, the easy way.
Before we proceed, a useful piece of information. Venom is using the same base code as a few other Kodi addons, which makes them good alternatives to each other. This is why we also recommend installing Exodus (Version 8) in addition to Exodus Redux. All three of these bring the same type of content, but they rely on different Web scrapers. So, by using all three, you’ll always find something interesting to watch. And if you’d like to use the Venom Kodi addon without any restrictions, make sure to read the following segment carefully.
Before getting started, we strictly recommend you to be safe while using Kodi. Therefore, we want you to read the
We will be talking about software developed for Kodi – which is based on open-source code. However, the following software comes from unofficial third-parties. In addition, it is publicly available and free of charge. TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way. Make sure to carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
disclaimer and WARNING notice found below.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
6 Steps to Install Venom on Kodi in 2019
Before you can proceed to install third-party addons, you need to enable unknown sources on Kodi. You can use the provided link to see how that’s done (it takes only a few seconds of your time). And also, it’s recommended to use the latest Kodi 18 Leia version, so make sure to update your Kodi to avoid potential issues. And now, here’s how to install Venom.
- After you open Kodi, go to its settings. To do this, click on the cogwheel icon (left-top corner) and then open the ‘File Manager’. On the left side of the screen, double-click on ‘Add Source’ and a new window should appear.
- Now, click on ‘<None>’ and make sure to use the following URL address: https://123venom.github.io. Click ‘OK’ to input the URL. Then, name this source as ‘Venom’ and click ‘OK’ to dismiss the pop-up (which should disappear without any warning messages).
- Next, return to Kodi’s home screen and open the ‘Add-ons’ section. While there, click on the open box icon in the top-left corner. Then, select ‘Install from ZIP file’.
- Using the pop-up you’ll see on your screen, open the Venom folder. You’ll find a single ZIP file there, named ‘repository.venom-x.x.x.zip’. Click on the file and Kodi will now install the repository.
- Then, click on ‘Install from Repository’ and after that proceed to Venom Repo > Video Add-ons > Venom. Open the addon’s overview by clicking on its name.
- Lastly, use the ‘Install’ button to finalize this procedure. After a few moments, the Venom Kodi addon will be installed and added to your Kodi.
Fix Venom Errors (Not Working, GitHub Access & More)
We hope that you’ll get to use Venom without any issues. However, just like it’s the case with any type of software, some of you might encounter some technical issues. So, we’re here to help you resolve those.
Venom Not Working? Here’s How to Fix This Issue!
There could be plenty of reasons why Venom is failing to stream videos or why it can’t find any content. However, you should know that there are plenty of solutions to these problems. And more importantly, we’ve gathered all those solutions in our Kodi troubleshooting guide – so make sure to take a look.
We also recommend you update your Kodi to the latest version available. And finally, you should also make sure that you’re using the latest version of Venom as well. To update the addon, right-click on its icon and select ‘Information’ – and then use the ‘Update’ button to check if there’s a newer version listed.
What’s the Latest Working Venom Repo (GitHub)?
During the last couple of months, the Venom Kodi addon has changed several repositories. As you can imagine, this left many Kodi users searching for the latest Venom repository that’s still working. So, as mentioned in our guide above, this is the latest URL that you need to use: https://123venom.github.io/.
How to Install Venom on Firestick Devices?
Lucky for you, Venom can be installed on pretty much any version of Kodi. This means that it doesn’t depend on certain devices or platforms. So, all you need to install Venom on a Firestick is a trustful guide – and you’ve come to the right place. Make sure to scroll up to see our up-to-date guide on how to install Venom on any device that supports Kodi.
How to Fix the ‘Seasons – Nothing Was Found’ Venom Error?
This problem is related to third-party scrapers that Venom uses. So, all you can do is to update the addon to its latest version and hope for the fix to be implemented. In addition, we recommend clearing the cache of this addon (once you apply a new update), and here’s how to do that:
- Open Venom and then click on ‘Tools’.
- Next, select ‘Cache Functions’.
- This is where you’ll find various types of cache. So, you can go with ‘Clear All Cache’ and then confirm your decision.
So, dear TechNadu visitors, that would be all on how to install the Venom Kodi addon. If there’s something else you’d like to know, make sure to post a comment below. We’ll try out best to respond in a timely manner.