Australian Idol is back after a 14-year pause, and the finale is almost here! The best part is that you will be able to stream all the episodes online from anywhere in the world you may be, even on the go or while traveling.
The Idol franchise is the most widely watched television franchise in the world. It's broadcast in over 150 countries, has 55 adaptations, and boasts a global audience of more than three billion viewers. Australian Idol sought to discover the most commercial young singer in Australia through a series of nationwide auditions. The final winner was determined by public voting.
Helping find the next Idol to take Australia by storm will be celebrated American Idol judge, musician, singer, composer, and multiple Grammy award-winning Harry Connick Jr; powerhouse Grammy award-winning singer-songwriter Meghan Trainor; unfiltered and unapologetic top-rating broadcaster Kyle Sandilands; and beloved eight-time ARIA Award-winning singer-songwriter Amy Shark. Australian musical treasure and former Australian Idol judge Marcia Hines also joins the series as a special guest judge.
Aspiring artists aged between 15 and 28 from Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, the Gold Coast, and also regional Australia who scored a Golden Ticket from the judges and made it through the auditions to the top 12 will be featured in the live performance round of the competition, with Australian audiences voting each week to decide who will be crowned the next Australian Idol.
The winner will receive a recording contract with industry giant Sony Music and $100,000 in prize money. Jessica Mauboy and Harry Connick Jr. will perform during the Grand Finale coming up. This being said, let's see where, when, and how to easily watch the Australian Idol Season 8 Finale online.
When and Where to Watch Australian Idol 2023 (Season 8) Finale
Australian Idol 2023 premiered on Monday, January 30, 2023, on Channel 7 at 7:30 pm local time. You will also be able to stream the episodes online via the 7Plus streaming service (only available in Australia).
The Australian Idol 2023 (Season 8) Finale will take place on March 26, 2023. Voting closes at 7:35 pm AEDT on the same day.
How to Watch Australian Idol 2023 (Season 8) Finale Online from Anywhere
You can easily stream content online nowadays in your home country through a subscription with a live TV and streaming platform, but these are geo-restricted, and since 7Plus can only be accessed while in Australia, you will need a VPN subscription to watch Australian Idol 2023 Finale online from outside Australia. We say this because a VPN allows you to change your location and trick the streaming platform into not displaying the blockade message.
We recommend you go for ExpressVPN, which can unblock most streaming services in the blink of an eye, including 7Plus, 9Now, 10Play, Hulu, Netflix, Prime Video, and more. This is one of the best VPNs on the market right now and offers thousands of servers worldwide, high speed, no bandwidth caps, and tight encryption protocols to protect your data online. You can even try ExpressVPN for 30 days RISK-FREE via the money-back guarantee policy.
There's also a big discount with the annual plan when you subscribe to ExpressVPN (49% discount and get 3 months FREE) on the company's website. First, enter the requested details to create an account. Then, pay and download and install the app suited for your device or system. Next, launch the VPN app and turn it on via a server located in Australia. Lastly, access the streaming platform to watch the Australian Idol Season 8 Finale online.
How to Watch Australian Idol 2023 Finale Online in Australia
If you live in Australia, you probably already know that Australian Idol airs on Channel 7. You will also be able to stream the Australian Idol 2023 Finale for free via the 7plus platform since you only need to sign in to unblock the content. If you don't have one, you can easily create a free account to get some credentials.
Just remember this service is geo-blocked, so you will need to lean on a powerful VPN app to unblock it while traveling abroad. This solution works as long as you run the app in the background using a server located close to your home area.
How to Watch Australian Idol 2023 (Season 8) Finale Online in the US, the UK, and Canada
The local version of international franchises rarely makes it out to other countries, even if we're talking about a streaming platform, and this is also the case when it comes to Idol. However, you can always turn to a VPN subscription to watch the Australian Idol 2023 Finale online in the US, the UK, and Canada, as you only need to set the app to a server located in Australia to unblock 7Plus.
Who Are the Australian Idol 2023 Judges and Hosts?
The new judges for Australian Idol Season 8 are Kyle Sandilands, Amy Shark, Harry Connick Jr, and Meghan Trainor. The OG trio of judges were Mark Holden, Marcia Hines, and Ian ‘Dicko’ Dickson, while Kyle Sandilands and Jay Dee Springbett also had stints as judges.
The duo who originally held the title were James Mathison and Osher Gunsberg, who went by ‘Andrew G.’ The new season is hosted by multi-platinum selling, ARIA Award-nominated singer-songwriter Ricki-Lee (discovered on Australian Idol in 2004) and internationally renowned entertainment presenter and former E! host Scott Tweedie.
Australian Idol 2023 Top Three Finalists
- Royston Sagigi-Baira
- Phoebe Stewart
- Josh Hannan
Who Will Win Australian Idol 2023?
According to popular opinion, Phoebe is the current favorite to win Australian Idol 2023, followed by Josh and then Royston.
Australian Idol 2023 Episodes
- Season 8 Episode 1: Auditions #1 (Jan 30, 2023) - After a long hiatus Australian Idol is back bigger and better than ever. Thousands line the streets of Australia’s major cities hoping for a chance to prove they have what it takes to be the next Idol.
- Season 8 Episode 2: Auditions #2 (Jan 31, 2023) - With thousands of people auditioning, only 43 golden tickets remain; a pass to the next round and a step closer to winning Australian Idol 2023.
- Season 8 Episode 3: Auditions #3 (Feb 01, 2023) - The competition rolls on. Who will triumph, and who will miss out on a chance to win Australian Idol 2023
- Season 8 Episode 4: Auditions #4 (Feb 05, 2023) - As space in the top 50 dwindles across the country, idol hopefuls do whatever it takes to secure their spot. Who will impress the judges enough to be handed the golden ticket?
- Season 8 Episode 5: Auditions #5 (Feb 06, 2023) - As our audition tour nears the end, the judges continue their search, pulling all the stops travelling near and far to find the next Idol Superstar.
- Season 8 Episode 6: Auditions #6 (Feb 07, 2023) - It’s the sixth round of auditions and the tension is high. Tonight, one performance will divide the judges. Can this contestant prove they have what it takes to be the next Australian Idol?
- Season 8 Episode 7: Auditions #7 (Feb 12, 2023) - It's the final lot of auditions. Who will get through to the top 50?
- Season 8 Episode 8: Top 50 (1) (Feb 13, 2023) - The Australian Idol Top 50 is here! Who will impress the judges and prove they have what it takes to progress?
- Season 8 Episode 9: Top 50 (2) (Feb 14, 2023) - The Top 50 continues, as contestants give their all to wow the judges.
- Season 8 Episode 10: Top 24 (1) (Feb 19, 2023) - We're now down to the final 24 contestants! Who will continue to triumph, as everyone sings for their place in the competition?
- Season 8 Episode 11: Top 24 (2) (Feb 20, 2023) - The top 24 continues. Who among the contestants will impress with their singing prowess?
- Season 8 Episode 12: Top 24 (3) (Feb 21, 2023) - The top 24 round is almost over, but there are still some surprises in store before live performances begin.
- Season 8 Episode 13: Top 12 Performance Show (Feb 26, 2023) - The Live Performance shows
- Season 8 Episode 14: Live Results Show (Feb 27, 2023) - The results are in! Which contestants will progress, and which ones will miss out on their dream of becoming the next Australian Idol?
- Season 8 Episode 15: Top 10 Live Performance Show (Mar 05, 2023) - The Top 10 perform on the Idol stage in front of the nation and judges Harry Connick Jr, Meghan Trainor, Kyle Sandilands and Amy Shark. Who has what it takes to make the Top 8?
- Season 8 Episode 16: Live Results Show 2 (Mar 06, 2023) - Australia decides which artist will proceed to the next round of the competition and make it to Top 8. Special Guest performance by Adam Lambert.
- Season 8 Episode 17: Top 8 Live Performance Show (Mar 12, 2023) - Sunday night the Top 8 perform on the Idol stage in front of the nation and judges Harry Connick Jr, Meghan Trainor, Kyle Sandilands and Amy Shark. Who has what it takes to make the Top 6?
- Season 8 Episode 18: Live Results Show 3 (Mar 13, 2023) - The Top 8 perform on the Idol stage in front of the nation and judges Harry Connick Jr, Meghan Trainor, Kyle Sandilands and Amy Shark. Who has what it takes to make the Top 6?
- Season 8 Episode 19: Top 6 Live Performance Show (Mar 19, 2023)
- Season 8 Episode 20: Live Results Show 4 (Mar 20, 2023)
- Season 8 Finale: Mar 26, 2023