HBO Max is among the most popular on-demand streaming services right now, offering an extensive content library and competing with Netflix and Hulu. This means the HBO Max app supports almost all currently popular devices and platforms, including TVs and streaming devices. That said, let's see how to sign up and install HBO Max on Android TV since downloading the HBO Max app to an Android TV is a quick and relatively simple process.
Is Android TV Supported by HBO Max?
Yes, Android TV is featured on the list of HBO Max supported devices. This includes most Sony Android TVs (2015 and later), the AT&T Streaming TV box, and the TiVo Stream 4K. You're all covered if you have an Android TV device with Android OS 5 or later.
We recommend you go to your device's Settings and search for available updates for your software before installing the app.
How to Get HBO Max on Android TV?
- First, you need to sign up and become a customer. So subscribe to HBO Max on their website if you don't already have an active account.
- Once you have an active subscription, go to the home page on your Android TV and open the Play Store.
- Use the Search bar and look for the HBO Max app by typing in its name.
- Find the app among the results on the page and select HBO Max.
- Now select Install to download HBO Max on Android TV.
- After the installation is complete, Launch the HBO Max app.
- Finally, log in to your HBO Max account and enter your credentials.
- All done! Now you can select and play your favorite HBO Max content on your Android TV.
Note: You can also sign up to HBO Max on Step 5 by selecting Subscribe & install.
If you have any questions, post your comment below, and we'll make sure to respond as soon as possible. And, of course, enjoy watching HBO Max on Android TV!